Vespa Gts 300 super Consumptiom
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Author Message
Member
Gts 300 Super HPE 2019
Joined: 28 May 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Albania
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:28 am quote
Hi guys.

What is the best mileage you have reached on a tank on city driving.

I have a gts 300 super hpe. In the paper itsays 31.2 km/litre. But the best i have done is 19,2 km/litre. So about 5 litres to 100km. And i m not an agresive type of rider. I do not push it to the limits.

Thanx
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 3196
Location: London UK
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:51 am quote
Has it been broken in yet? How much mileage has it done? The engine loosens up over time.
Member
Gts 300 Super HPE 2019
Joined: 28 May 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Albania
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:23 am quote
ashbrook wrote:
Has it been broken in yet? How much mileage has it done? The engine loosens up over time.
Ok, i think u are right. It has done only the first 300 km.

Thanx for your reply
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 3006
Location: East Anglia, a dryer region of the UK than Israel
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 pm quote
Your new HPE Vespa won't give anywhere near it's best fuel economy for a while yet. As mentioned, the engine is still very tight. You will notice the engine getting more powerful too as the miles go on the clock, and thus fuel economy improving. Additionally, riding in town produces significantly worse fuel consumption.

I would seriously recommend using your bike on out of town roads (country back roads are ideal) where you can get your speed up, vary your speed & throttle setting, and generally have some fun during the break-in period. This is very good for the motor. Riding in town is not the best place to run your bike in.

Have fun, post often with your exploits!
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 4566
Location: Santa Cruz California
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 am quote
Another thing that we found on the older versions of the GTS is that the motor smooths out so it's single cylinder thumps less. At 19000 miles, my GTV250 is pretty smooth.

Best
Miguel
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 2617
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:40 am quote
Based on my last fill-up (talking MPG here as opposed to km/L), my average has been 72, pretty much where it should be. You haven't put on nearly enough miles for a proper take on your HPE's mileage, which supposedly should be a slight improvement on previous models. Put those miles on and definitely report back...and enjoy the heck outta that thing!
Member
Gts 300 Super HPE 2019
Joined: 28 May 2019
Posts: 16
Location: Albania
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:48 pm quote
amateriat wrote:
Based on my last fill-up (talking MPG here as opposed to km/L), my average has been 72, pretty much where it should be. You haven't put on nearly enough miles for a proper take on your HPE's mileage, which supposedly should be a slight improvement on previous models. Put those miles on and definitely report back...and enjoy the heck outta that thing!
That mileage seems ok. Correct as Vespa is saying at their web.

I am planning a long trip about 500 km in south if italy this summer. Do you think is ok for my 300cc to carry two passangers.?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 8164
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:42 pm quote
Armandqipo wrote:
amateriat wrote:
Based on my last fill-up (talking MPG here as opposed to km/L), my average has been 72, pretty much where it should be. You haven't put on nearly enough miles for a proper take on your HPE's mileage, which supposedly should be a slight improvement on previous models. Put those miles on and definitely report back...and enjoy the heck outta that thing!
That mileage seems ok. Correct as Vespa is saying at their web.

I am planning a long trip about 500 km in south if italy this summer. Do you think is ok for my 300cc to carry two passangers.?
Yes but you may want to install the passenger foot peg extenders since there is a tendency to hit the passengers toes when you put your feet down at stops with the stock ones.
Addicted
09 GTS300 Super black, 04 GT 200 smoky, 05 GT 125 smoky (in pieces)
Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 738
Location: Barcelona
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 am quote
I don't know about fuel consumption, but I recently bought a 2009 GTS300 and was surprised to see the tank holds only 8.5 litres as opposed to my GT200L which held 10 litres.


I'm guessing the 300 has at least the same range on a tank of petrol as the 200?
Member
2020 GTS 300 HPE
Joined: 20 Jun 2020
Posts: 39
Location: Ventura, CA
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:27 am quote
I've gone from about 65-67 when new to about 71-72 at 700 miles - in MPG. 2020 GTS 300 HPE.
Hooked
GTS 300 ABS, 2018
Joined: 07 Jun 2020
Posts: 156
Location: Finland
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:51 pm quote
3000 miles average 72 mpg with GTS300 2018.
Addicted
2010 Vespa 300 Super
Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 736
Location: NYC
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:31 pm quote
In city riding on my 2010 Vespa GTS 300 I have never gotten it past 52-54 miles per gallon. One of the reasons why I always think that there must be something wrong somewhere. Ihave now over 17000 miles on it.
Only thing that has been changed is it has sliders instead of rollers.
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 2617
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 am quote
baba12 wrote:
In city riding on my 2010 Vespa GTS 300 I have never gotten it past 52-54 miles per gallon. One of the reasons why I always think that there must be something wrong somewhere. Ihave now over 17000 miles on it.
Only thing that has been changed is it has sliders instead of rollers.
That could also be partly due to stop-and-go riding: a few winters ago I was primarily doing local riding at relatively low speeds, and noticed my average mileage hovering in the mid-to-upper 60s. The engine barely had a chance to warm up most of the time, which was only exacerbated by the cold weather.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2019 K1600GT Sport, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 7516
Location: Downtown Toronto
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:53 am quote
As said once it breaks in you will get better milage. I mostly ride around the city so really don't care about milage , it's just when I hit the freeway on long trips that the small tank can be a bit of a pain. I think the range is about 150 miles if you're lucky.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 11448
Location: Oregon City, OR
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:16 am quote
pammieellen wrote:
I've gone from about 65-67 when new to about 71-72 at 700 miles - in MPG. 2020 GTS 300 HPE.
That has been about my experience with a '15 GTS.
Hooked
2001 ET4 150 Red, 2010 GTS 300 Volcano Black, 2013 BV 350 Silver/Black
Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Posts: 392
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:06 pm quote
My mileage over 22000 miles on the GTS300 has been fairly consistent, with lows of 61 and highs as much as 77 mpg.

I use the Q method of fill-up and 80% of my fill-ups are at the same gas station and pump, so any +/- filling errors should cancel out over time

I'd say the average riding solo (almost all <45-50 mph) backroads = 68 mpg.

Riding 2-up does normally pull the mileage down to low 60's
Addicted
2009 GTS 250ie
Joined: 24 Mar 2018
Posts: 715
Location: south Texas
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:47 pm quote
At home, sea level, southern Texas Gulf Coast, I consistently get 75 to 77mpg. We have gone to the Black Hills for the last three summers (coming up on 3 months here this time), the lowest I've seen is 86mpg. Best I've seen was on yesterday's fill-up: 97mpg. We are riding twisty roads, generally with speed limits of 50mph or less. Almost no stop-and-go (which we have at home). Reasonably aggressively riding these great roads. Non-ethanol gas, which we can't get at home.

My 2009 GTS 250 had 1,300 miles on it when I got it. In a bit over 2 years, I have put an additional 11,000+ miles on it and it has certainly opened up and smoothed out over those miles. With 1,300 miles in 9 years, it was hardly broke in.

Just for some perspective, my wife consistently gets 10mpg better mileage on her Xmax 300. It accelerates faster, higher top speed, and smoother at 65+mph. Yes, she weighs a pound or 50 less than I do, but I have ridden her scoot and get the same mileage that she gets. All of our riding is 1-up... she doesn't want to ride behind me (says the Vespa is uncomfortable), likes to have her own bike, and says I would be too distracting riding behind her.

She has been lobbying for me to get a different bike, either a new (or newer) GTS 300 or an Xmax. Nah, I'm good.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1479s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0248s) ][ Debug on ]