OP
@donovan avatar
UTC

250 GTS

@donovan avatar
250 GTS
UTC quote
Rode my annual Assault up Mt. Mitchell Yesterday.

263 Miles round Trip
6 Hours
4900' Elevation gain/drop
40 Degree Temperature Variance.
Start Time 0600

Routed out from Charlotte via Google Maps (avoid Highway option) to Marion NC. Then took Route 80 out of Marion , NC to Mt. Mitchell State Park.

Route 80 is what the designers dreamed about when they built the 250GTS. Easy to throw around with enough power to have some fun.

The summit was cold, 53, windy and fogged in. Thank god for heated grips! (Heated grips were the best tip I got from the other the other riders in the Scooter Cannonball run last year!) The entrance of the park was 65 and sunny.

Stopping in Little Switzerland, I got the look from some Sport Bike Types. We exchanged some small talk and one of them said he needed fuel badly. I pointed to the extra salon I take on trips. His blank stare said it all -" He was to cool for that."

I come off the Parkway via 226, another interesting road with some semi truck and sketchy pavement sections. There is still a lot of exploring for me to do in that area.

Arrived back in Charlotte for a late lunch.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS

Hooked
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
UTC quote
Great story! Next time you should consider letting us know a few days before. It would be so cool to have a Vespa cluster at the top or maybe meet somewhere in route.
Thanks
Tony 8)
OP
@donovan avatar
UTC

250 GTS

@donovan avatar
250 GTS
UTC quote
Will do!
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
What is the stand underneath the fuel jug?
OP
@donovan avatar
UTC

250 GTS

@donovan avatar
250 GTS
UTC quote
Its a floorboard rack that uses the same screw holes as the battery cover, its very handy. As you see, I use it to secure my extra fuel. Here is the link from where I bought it:

https://scooterpartsco.com/gts-250-gts-250-accessories-c-3637_3642_3777/floorboard-luggage-rack-for-gts-gtv-gt-chrome?zenid=6418978912c265ea3fb227b74cefe0fe
@dark avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTV 300 - GTS 300

Enthusiast
@dark avatar
GTV 300 - GTS 300
UTC quote
tonymarchman wrote:
Great story! Next time you should consider letting us know a few days before. It would be so cool to have a Vespa cluster at the top or maybe meet somewhere in route.
Thanks
Tony 8)
+1
I do most my riding out towards Cabarrus & Stanley county
If you see a Gray GTV & Blue Sprint, it's the wife & I
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0500s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0254s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]