A new scooter for my possible retirement
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:54 pm quote
So as I am contemplating what I will do when I grow up(I am 65) and I consider either retiring or at least slowing down and moving and perhaps living in more than one location depending on weather I am thinking about the addition of another scooter. I currently have a Vespa 300 super, which I love, but if I got another scooter not sure what I would get. So my thoughts, the BV 350, but then I thought should I get a large scooter like the Bergman or the BMW, although they are a bit pricey but the power might be a kick. So I would be curious what people think and what their experiences have been. Thanks for any input

Larry
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:34 pm quote
The BMW is a great bike. The Burgman or one of the Yamahas is going to be the most reliable and cheapest to maintain. If you're retired, you'll have lots of time to track down Piaggio dealers. So any of them will work.
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:27 am quote
Motovista wrote:
The BMW is a great bike. The Burgman or one of the Yamahas is going to be the most reliable and cheapest to maintain. If you're retired, you'll have lots of time to track down Piaggio dealers. So any of them will work.
I completely agree. That said, the BMW is the sexy choice.
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:52 am quote
I have a BMW and GTV. Both 2017 models and I'm very happy with them both. The BMW is a different beast though. Much larger and more powerful than the Vespa and I have a Malossi kitted Vespa.

This has come up here a few times. I can probably dig some posts up for you later.
2019 GTS, 2016 BMW C650
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:53 am quote
I have a 300 and a BMW C650 Sport. Itís a great combo to have. The Vespa is my everyday scoot and I ride the BMW when I want to stretch my legs a bit. The fun factor on both is enormous.
Enthusiast
GTS 300
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:13 am quote
Hey Larry, I'm making a very similar choice. I'm seriously leaning towards the BMW as well. Just seems like a great choice. Definitely interested in what you choose. I do know, I absolutely love my Vespa.
Ossessionato
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28 am quote
Here you go LarryMK, this is a good thread to read through.

Next scoot...

From what I can tell the general consensus from those of us that own a C650 is we are happy with it. It really does make a great companion to a Vespa and I think between a Burgman and a BMW the C650 is a better motorbike. When it comes to looks the BMW wins hands down IMHO. You can absolutely pound the miles away on one in comfort and the knowledge you have the power and weight for the highway. Even large convoys of trucks don't make the bike so much as flinch.

I think in Canada you can only get the GT. That may have changed since I bought mine though.

It sounds like you want to buy new which is great. IF however you buy used make sure it is a 2016 and above. Don't think there would be many on the used market though.
Ossessionato
2014 Commuter BV350(39,000)/2015 Scoot Life BV350(9,000)/2010 El Diablito SH150i(28,000)
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:55 am quote
Re: A new scooter for my possible retirement
LarryMK wrote:
So as I am contemplating what I will do when I grow up(I am 65) and I consider either retiring or at least slowing down and moving and perhaps living in more than one location depending on weather I am thinking about the addition of another scooter. I currently have a Vespa 300 super, which I love, but if I got another scooter not sure what I would get. So my thoughts, the BV 350, but then I thought should I get a large scooter like the Bergman or the BMW, although they are a bit pricey but the power might be a kick. So I would be curious what people think and what their experiences have been. Thanks for any input

Larry
We can only assume that you want to do some touring when you discuss larger bikes. When I retire, I'll be carrying my scoot in a van to various destinations. What is the primary usage?
Enthusiast
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:00 am quote
Do you like a bunch of tech (BMW) or something simple (Honda SilverWing)? Pretty much any maxi-scooter will do whatever you will throw at it, so it comes down to tech package, how it carries its weight at a stop, step-thru height, ease of getting it on the center stand. Im forgetting a bunch of other considerations.... They are fun to ride though!
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:10 am quote
This is just a personal opinion and everyone is different. Would a heavier and faster scooter be an ideal choice for retirement? I'd say the Vespa isn't a bad choice unless you want to go some longer distance touring. It's easy to get on and off, it's not heavy if you do need to dab a toe down and it's sitting in your garage at the moment.

If you're going to live in multiple locations then why not just have another GTS?
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2007 Piaggio MP3 250, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:15 am quote
Retirement = more free wrenching time maybe?

Maybe a NSM?

I've always fancied a Rally 200 to tinker with ..
Enthusiast
bv350
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 am quote
HI
Also from Illinois here!

Hi there, I also been considering the BMW , I see a lot of 2014 and 15 that are in the 5k range now with less than 2k miles, im just worried about maintenance and cost.

I also been looking at the 2015 Tmax but the prices seem very high for a used one.

I tried putting my BV for sale but people are just offering ridiculous offers.

Let me know what you decide.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:43 am quote
I could certainly understand a big maxiscooter such as the C650 for a second bike if long road trips are on your agenda. I think it depends, though, on where your second base of operations will be located and how you will use the bike. Depending on those factors, I could make the case for a smaller and lighter bike as a second scooter. One of our members spends his winters on Sanibel Island. A 125 or 150 seems like the choice for an application like that. I take my second scooter camping so light weight for loading and unloading is important to me. Each of us will have his needs and preferences.
Hooked
Matt Black 2014 300GTS Super Sport
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:56 am quote
For local trips you can't beat your Vespa - but you know that! For a different slant, have a go on a T-Max. I guarantee it'll blow your socks off. It's the nearest thing you can get to a "real" motorbike in handling, accelerating and brakes. Totally different to your Vespa and a whole load of fun. Try one.
Ossessionato
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:55 am quote
rjc1944 wrote:
For local trips you can't beat your Vespa - but you know that! For a different slant, have a go on a T-Max. I guarantee it'll blow your socks off. It's the nearest thing you can get to a "real" motorbike in handling, accelerating and brakes. Totally different to your Vespa and a whole load of fun. Try one.
Funny there seems to be a T-Max camp and a BMW camp when it comes to true maxi-scooters. Believe me the BMW IS a motorcycle just as much as the T-Max is. The guys that work at Motorrad do not like referring to the C650 as a "scooter" . The smaller ones that are still great scoots they consider scoots.

From what I can tell there are BMW people , T-Max and Burgman people. Someone interested in BMW is probably not going to go T-Max.

The T-Max is sportier but the BMW has more grunt and is a better luxury touring bike. Only thing it is missing is cruise control but you can find ways to add that easily enough. I have and I find I almost never use it. You get the heated seats and grips, adjustable on the fly windscreen and the ability add a Motorrad Garmin GPS. The GPS by the way is awesome. I'm not that familiar with the T-Max but I do know from reviews it is considered more fun to ride but the BMW beats it out in comfort, storage and power at the top end. The extra 100 or so CC's on the BMW kick in when cruising or for grunt when you need to twist the throttle at highway speeds.

To each their own but I do find it hard for someone set on a BMW to decide on a different brand. I'll admit maybe some of it is the branding and the roundel which does draw a LOT of attention from curious onlookers. The BMW badge does carry some weight just like the Apple logo does.

The Burgy... It has its fans but I think maybe a distant third at least in my mind. It just doesn't have the style for me and look like a fat big scooter and needs to do something about its aesthetics.
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:01 pm quote
thanks for so much info. I really am not sure what I want. I love my Vespa 300, would not want anything smaller, but those larger scoots do have a lot of appeal. Having had several BMW cars in the past I do like BMW's although at least in the cars they have gotten very expensive but also hold their value. It certainly is a fun thing to think about. I must ponder

larry
Hooked
2010 GTS 300
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:24 pm quote
Majesty
Quite a few used Majesty 400s out there for not a lot of money.

It's a noticeable step up in power, room, and highway stability from the GTS (I've owned both), but a lot lighter than the 600-650 class scooters.

My .02.
Hooked
No scoot at the moment, but thinking GTS 300, 2017 V-Strom 650
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:52 pm quote
Good to hear that you are planning your dotage around a new scoot. Wise man. I love the big sporty scoots, which in NA are the BMW C650 and the TMax; only the BMW is a currently imported bike. Which, frankly, is a real shame.

I think the BV350 will be a step up from the GTS 300, but also a different sort of ride. More power, and bigger wheels make it more highway-savvy, but it is a modern bike compared to the GTS.... style and form/ riding position kinds of things. Call it different and possibly better.

Having had a GTS 250, a BV350 and a T-Max, I'd say the big scoot is the most logical addition. I personally consider the T-Max and BMW 650 as being in a similar 'class' of bike. I don't count the Burgman in that class. As @harbinger says, the BMW really is a motorcycle as is the T-Max.

In my opinion, since you asked, I'd go to a bigger scoot than the BV350 if you are keeping the GTS. Just to avoid some overlap in use and capability. Note, however that T Max, BMW and Burgman are heavy bikes; it may take a stronger (younger) back to push them around if your space is limited.

When I sold my BV35, I bought a 2017 Honda CB500F. I hated it. Bought a T-Max; loved it. And I gave serious thought to at BMW 650.

Strangely, I'm now likely going back to a GTS300.... but that is the compliment to my V-Strom 650.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 pm quote
LarryMK. I took a different approach to getting a second bike than the others above. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just different. I'm about a year older than you and have been M/C'ing for decades. I started scooting about 15 years ago after about 20 years hiatus from PTWs. I fell in love with Vespa after month in Spain 10 years ago and have had my 2009 GTV250 almost 10 years to the day.

Ms Miguel has always hated riding the GTV because the seat was so uncomfortable. Straddling the wide fenders were just painful.

I really wanted Ms Miguel to enjoy riding with me so I started looking at other scoots. Specifically, I looked at the BMW 650 because I knew she'd like the comfort. I exchanged a number of post with Harbinger and others about the BMW 650. The price was ok even if a little expensive and I test drove one. Its a really nice bike.

There were some other influencers at the time I was looking. A good friend just bought a 2016 BMW 1200 GS and just fell in love, saying it was the best M/C he's ever had. He'd been riding HD for years. The 1200GS was the same price and about the same weight as the BMW 650 but about 50-60 more HP. All that got me to thinking more broadly about PTWs and what I might really want.

There were a few more thoughts that invaded my perspective. I really liked the way the 650 rode and the ergonomics, and was ready to pounce on it but remained uncomfortable with a few things. I just wasn't attracted to it visually. I'm very much attracted to a specific aesthetics and the 650 was just too sharp-edged to appeal to my tastes. That's true of all the late model BMW's actually.

One other factor in my thoughts was the fact that old people tell you that "The only regrets you have in life are things you didn't do." And one of the things I always wondered about were big bikes. I'd never had one. I realized I wanted to experience one before too long and I didn't have that much more riding life left in which to do it. So I went with a completely new approach and created a new set of criteria for myself when selecting a new bike to try and address all my desires.

My new criteria for a bigger bike:
1. I wanted to try something in the 1000-1200cc range
2. I wanted bike that would be comfortable for Ms Miguel
3. I wanted a bike with aesthetics I loved
4. I wanted a bike that was relatively simple and without a lot of the modern bells and whistle that are unimportant to me.

Starting with aesthetics, I looked a bikes for months while on the road to understand what real attracts my aesthetics. I found myself attracted to the older BMW K-bikes and boxers from the late 1990s and early 2000s. The K bikes are evidently amazing machines but weigh about 300 lbs more than the 2-cylinder boxers with similar aesthetics, at about 600 lbs. I decided without riding either of them that the lighter 2-cylinder boxer bike was more suitable to me since I'd never been on a bike that big and 600 lbs was intimidating enough.

The ride quality of the bigger BMW bikes of that era are legendary and pillion riding was highly regarded by woman pillion reviewers. That seemed to satisfy the desire to get a bike that would be comfortable for Ms Miguel.

The BMW bikes of that era were in the 1100 to 1300 cc range with 90-100+ horse power. That is a huge increase over my Vespa 250GTV with 22 horse power but at only about 2x the weight.

Also BMW bikes of the era were simple. The engine oil was also the coolant, no separate water cooling, no electronics except relatively simple ABS, and overall quite simple to work on. My local independent BMW mechanic says, "Just keep gas and oil in them and it'll easily run for another 100K miles without a problem." That greatly exceeds my expected riding lifetime.

So I got a 2001 BMW R1100RT touring bike 6 months ago. Its a big bike that you sit in, not on, has fantastic, sculptural aerodynamic lines, great horse power and is very comfortable. Its not nearly as nimble as the GTV which feels like a bicycle by comparison (I'm also an avid road bicyclist). It cost about 1/4th cost of a new BMW 650, has a lot more horse power and superb comfort at about the same weight as the 650. I rode a few late model R1200RTs and while the shifting was better and the bells and whistles are useful and better than my 2001, I really wasn't looking for them. The more modern bikes were more maintenance, have a lot more things that can go wrong, and they were a LOT more expensive. I couple this with the fact that I wasn't convinced I wanted a big bike but committed to trying one for a while so the price tag to try it out was well within my budget, even if I dumped it and destroyed it.

Now when i go in the garage, I look at both bikes and have to decide what to ride, the BMW R1100RT or the 2009 Vespa GTV250. I love having both bikes and they are way more different in many ways than a Vespa scooter and a max-scoot, regardless of the brand.

I'm just presenting you my thoughts on how I got here, not trying to convince you on any direction you or anyone else should take. Its just another perspective. I hope all that helps confuse you!

Best
Miguel

GTV w Inder at Moss Landing, JPEG.jpg
My 2009 Vespa GTV 250, with Inder trailer

2001 BMW R1100RT.jpeg
My 2001 BMW R1100RT

Hooked
2013 GTS300ie
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 am quote
Those R1100RT's are GREAT bikes!
I did a very pleasant tour of the Eastern Highlands in the Free Sate on one.

(I do prefer my 1200GS though.)
Ossessionato
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:40 am quote
The R1100RT is a great bike. You also got a great deal on it. The colour is also absolutely amazing and just beautiful.

I don't the the OP is looking for a liter bike though. The BMW C650 GT and T-Max have some of the advantages of being scooters though primarily the CVT transmission not to mention ABS/ASR and if new under warranty. ABS is something I consider a must now that I have it on both bikes. The Ural doesn't but it's got the third wheel so it should at least stay upright.

As far as some of the advantages if smaller scooters like a Vespa that you do NOT get. Step through my ass on the C650GT. Getting on it is at least as hard as getting Ina regular motorcycle as it's a pretty big step over. Also less flickable and parking not as easy.
Ossessionato
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:33 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
(I do prefer my 1200GS though.)
And I strongly suspect you'd be in the majority with that opinion. I think the 1200GS is BMW's most popular bike. And many of the reviewers I've read and watched on YouTube think the GS is a better "all arounder" than the RT.

Its all personal opinion and taste. I tend to like the RT styling better than the GS and the things the GS is better at than the RT are just not of interest to me (riding in the outback). And I highly respect those preferring the GS.

Best
Miguel
Ossessionato
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:07 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
The R1100RT is a great bike. You also got a great deal on it. The colour is also absolutely amazing and just beautiful.
So far, I've been pretty happy with it. There are a few thing I wish it did better but I can easily live with those deficiencies. BTW, I think I got a fair deal but definitely not a steal. Its a very clean bike tho and the previous owner took impeccable care of it and kept very detailed maintenance records.
Harbinger wrote:
I don't the the OP is looking for a liter bike though.
Yeah, I know. But given the similarity of our ages and likely riding lifetime left, I thought I'd bring it up for his consideration. For example, if I was 5 years older, I don't think I'd consider the R1100RT as an option. I think it would just be too heavy and large to learn to ride. Hence my alternative consideration and broadening of the trade space. I have no vested interest one way or the other of course. Just sharing.
Harbinger wrote:
The BMW C650 GT and T-Max have some of the advantages of being scooters though primarily the CVT transmission ...
After 6 months of riding the R1100RT, I truly appreciate the CVT. The Vespa is definitely an easier ride than the R1100RT in traffic and tight twisties for sure. And much easier to mount as well. And I like them both for different reasons and for the moment plan to keep both. I'll wait till next spring to decide if I want to prune the herd.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best
Miguel
Hooked
2009 GTS 250ie
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:34 pm quote
Congrats on the R1100RT - it is a great bike! After several decades of full dress bikes (Harleys and Goldwings), it was my first "down size" bike. And probably one of the most fun bikes I owned (pre-scooter). I think the lines of the R1100RT are curvy and sensuous.

It was only after retiring and getting ready to head out on a boat that I had to make some "decisions" about the BMW. I called a friend who had lusted over that bike and said, "How would you like to take care of my BMW while we're out cruising? You can ride it all you want - just do the maintenance, carry insurance, and you have to pay for anything you break."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

Two years later, we got home and he was on my doorstep shortly after... "I don't want to give your bike back - how much do you have to have for it?" I shot him a number and he pulled out his checkbook.

I looked around for something even smaller, and a dealer friend of mine (he sold me the BMW) suggested a V-Strom. It was a fine bike, but lacked the style of the R1100RT. I rode it for 5 years before deciding my riding days were about done due to a hip problem. It was at that point (6 years ago) that my wife suggested a couple scooters.

When I look back at the 25+ bikes I had over the years, the R1100RT is right there towards the top of the stack. I still smile when I think about that bike. I got a new hip 6 weeks ago... nah, I think I'll stay with the scoot. Well, I'm hoping to be back on the scoot soon.

Enjoy!
Addicted
Buddy 125, Scarabeo 150, Scarabeo 500ie, Triumphs, Vespa Sprint 150
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm quote
Everything is a compromise.

I've got 3 of the Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie scooters, 2 of the Scarabeo 150's, 5 old Triumph cycles, and my wife has a Honda Metropolitan 50.

And they are all in various locations. I'm gonna start "thinning the herd" and as Dooglas mentioned start taking a new Buddy 125 with me when I go places.

I can see one large scooter and a smaller one, but as age increases, the smaller one gets used more.

fried okra
Enthusiast
2007 Vespa 250 GTS
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:09 am quote
You should tell us about those old Triumphs. We may be of some help thinning the herd.
Tony in Tn (who still reminisces about the '64 Triumph)
PS If you have a 500c I want first dibs!
That should have been T100C

Last edited by tonymarchman on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
Yamaha Tricity 155 2018 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 am quote
If you have to do it, buy a T Max ... if you survive the experience you will see Vespa and other medium-small scooters in different ways.

OT: sorry Miguel ... what is that "thing with the little wheel" that is in the picture ...? Ouch ... but it's amazing! Unfortunately in Italy you cannot tow trailers with motorcycles and scooters ...

Last edited by Attila on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am quote
Attila wrote:
If you have to do it, buy a T Max ... if you survive the experience you will see Vespa and other medium-small scooters in different ways.
Curious, why T-Max over BMW?
Addicted
Yamaha Tricity 155 2018 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 am quote
They are totally different scooters, starting from the type of frame to go by the engine and get to the transmission ... then I also had a T Max from 2009 to 2011 and it was great, I sold it because it didn't have ABS and on a maxi scooter is essential.
Addicted
Buddy 125, Scarabeo 150, Scarabeo 500ie, Triumphs, Vespa Sprint 150
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:52 pm quote
Yeah, Tony, in Nashville.....I am a big fan of the 500cc Triumph bikes too.

I started out with a Tiger Cub in 1962 but bought a new T100C in August 1969 and still have it. Have three other 500cc Triumph Daytona T100R's and changing them all over to single carb bikes. That's the beauty of the 500cc Triumphs, the cylinder head can be fixed with either single or twin carb by just changing the manifold.

I had a three cylinder Trident 750cc and 5-6 other single or twin carb 650cc/750cc bikes. Have sold all of them now except for the 500cc bikes and a '64 Tiger Cub.

fried okra
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:05 pm quote
there are so many great choices out there but I do feel at this point in my life I do like the twist and go of a scooter. I drove cars with stick shift for over thirty years and eventually switched to an automatic, not that I did not love the stick shift but in the Chicago area traffic can be so crappy that after I switched to an automatic I have not gone back. Same with my scooter after having taken the beginning and intermediate motorcycle course, while i enjoyed the gear shifting, the twist and go is easier, guess I am just getting old. Now in the last few years I have rented a couple stick shift cars in Europe and while it was a lot of fun, for my everyday ride I do automatic. So if I go with a large machine it will be a scooter most likely and i do like the maxi scooters. So it sounds like there are several to check out, the BMW, T-max, Bergman. Need to find out where I will look at those.
Ossessionato
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:20 am quote
LarryMK wrote:
there are so many great choices out there but I do feel at this point in my life I do like the twist and go of a scooter. I drove cars with stick shift for over thirty years and eventually switched to an automatic, not that I did not love the stick shift but in the Chicago area traffic can be so crappy that after I switched to an automatic I have not gone back. Same with my scooter after having taken the beginning and intermediate motorcycle course, while i enjoyed the gear shifting, the twist and go is easier, guess I am just getting old. Now in the last few years I have rented a couple stick shift cars in Europe and while it was a lot of fun, for my everyday ride I do automatic. So if I go with a large machine it will be a scooter most likely and i do like the maxi scooters. So it sounds like there are several to check out, the BMW, T-max, Bergman. Need to find out where I will look at those.
Not a ton but yes there are a few good true maxi-scooters out there to choose from. I know the GTS/GTV often gets included in this category when you look at online reviews. As someone that has one of each(BMW & GTV both 2017) I have to say they don't really belong there. Sure they can safely hit true highway speeds but lack the torque of the larger engines. This really comes in to play when riding 2-up. I imagine that would come in to play as well for riders say north of 200 pds.

Seems MV is mostly split in to the T-Max and BMW camp when it comes to large scoots. I'm actually interested in trying out a T-Max as a number of people I trust here seem to like them. TBH I'm not sure I've ever seen one in Toronto but then again I've only ever seen another BMW in Ontario maybe twice. Burgmans are a pretty regular sight around here but they have been around for a long time and there are more dealers.

Good luck with your search and hopefully you get to test ride a scoot or 2. Let us know how it goes.
Ossessionato
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:14 pm quote
Attila wrote:
OT: sorry Miguel ... what is that "thing with the little wheel" that is in the picture ...? Ouch ... but it's amazing! Unfortunately in Italy you cannot tow trailers with motorcycles and scooters ...
It's an Indian knock off of a 1950's Pav trailer from Czechoslovakia. The Indian company was called Inder and I think they stopped making them in 2006 or so. I've never seen another one tho Capt. Gary has at least one and maybe two. In a sea of motor cycles and Vespas, it gets a LOT of attention.

When I first got it, I called the California DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and asked how to register it.. The woman asked me how big it was. I told it it was smaller than a supermarket shopping cart. She put me on hold for 15 minutes. When she came back, she said I don't think you need to register it. So I didn't and I moved my Vespa license plate to the back of the Inder trailer to avoid Police attention. I've never been stopped. Towing a trailer behind a motorcycle/scooter is legal in the US.

LarryMK: sorry my posts and subsequent responses hijacked your questions. Let us know what you end up doing. Cheers!!

Best
Miguel
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3138s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0570s) ][ Debug on ]