Getting a Vespa Wrapped
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Author Message
Member
2019 Primavera Sport
Joined: 15 Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Los angeles
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:45 am quote
So iv been wanting to wrap my vespa for a while but I dont know how much this generally costs and if anyone knows a good place in the LA area to do it.

I kind of want to go into the whole 1970s panel van look because it makes me laugh and deep down inside im a monster.
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 2929
Location: Toronto (formerly Montreal)
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:59 pm quote
Re: Getting a Vespa Wrapped
Murakumo wrote:
So iv been wanting to wrap my vespa for a while but I dont know how much this generally costs and if anyone knows a good place in the LA area to do it.

I kind of want to go into the whole 1970s panel van look because it makes me laugh and deep down inside im a monster.
A well-known high end department store in Montreal (Ogilvy's) once had a wrapped LX in their window display for the Christmas shopping season. Tthe Vespa was wrapped in the store's signature tartan design.

That could be really cool (depending on the wrap of course).

My blog post is here.

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 4.57.46 PM.png

Member
2019 Primavera Sport
Joined: 15 Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Los angeles
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 pm quote
That would be pretty neat. Tartan is one of those designs that would work pretty well for simplicity and look pretty classy.
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 1052
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 pm quote
At the place I work, we charge $18/square foot for printed vehicle vinyl, install is additional. Price might vary depending on type of vinyl used. Fancy stuff like holographic, chameleon, reflective is usually a lot more than standard (though that doesn't seem to apply for what you want. lol) YMMV because it's expensive to get stuff shipped to Hawaii so we have to charge a lot more.

I can ask my installer if they have any contacts in your area if you would like.
Member
2019 Primavera Sport
Joined: 15 Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Los angeles
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:09 am quote
yanobobano wrote:
At the place I work, we charge $18/square foot for printed vehicle vinyl, install is additional. Price might vary depending on type of vinyl used. Fancy stuff like holographic, chameleon, reflective is usually a lot more than standard (though that doesn't seem to apply for what you want. lol) YMMV because it's expensive to get stuff shipped to Hawaii so we have to charge a lot more.

I can ask my installer if they have any contacts in your area if you would like.
That would be great. Its hard to get a quote from anyone here because i cant find anyone familiar with the dimensions of vespas.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 3627
Location: Santa Cruz California
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:16 am quote
Maybe PM MV member SDG (real name is David). He owns Sherman Oak Vespa and is pretty well connected to the vehicle market place. He'd likely have some suggestions for you.

Miguel
Molto Verboso
2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 1053
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:12 am quote
I have considered this, mostly to also hide cosmetic damage. While there are quite a few "wrappers" in the GTA, Vespa's are not something any of them have done - so far.

If anyone in the GTA is aware of a company, please share.
Member
2019 Primavera Sport
Joined: 15 Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Los angeles
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:50 am quote
Miguel wrote:
Maybe PM MV member SDG (real name is David). He owns Sherman Oak Vespa and is pretty well connected to the vehicle market place. He'd likely have some suggestions for you.

Miguel
I have actually met him in person. Bought my primavera from them. He did mention a shop but i cant for the life of me remember the name.
Enthusiast
2003 Vespa ET2
Joined: 05 Apr 2019
Posts: 80
Location: Cambridge, MA
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am quote
id be interested to hear how much as well...
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 3627
Location: Santa Cruz California
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:24 pm quote
Murakumo wrote:
Miguel wrote:
Maybe PM MV member SDG (real name is David). He owns Sherman Oak Vespa and is pretty well connected to the vehicle market place. He'd likely have some suggestions for you.

Miguel
I have actually met him in person. Bought my primavera from them. He did mention a shop but i cant for the life of me remember the name.
You can PM him or call vespa Sherman oaks.


Let us know


Miguel
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 1052
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:24 pm quote
Murakumo wrote:
yanobobano wrote:
At the place I work, we charge $18/square foot for printed vehicle vinyl, install is additional. Price might vary depending on type of vinyl used. Fancy stuff like holographic, chameleon, reflective is usually a lot more than standard (though that doesn't seem to apply for what you want. lol) YMMV because it's expensive to get stuff shipped to Hawaii so we have to charge a lot more.

I can ask my installer if they have any contacts in your area if you would like.
That would be great. Its hard to get a quote from anyone here because i cant find anyone familiar with the dimensions of vespas.
Sent you a PM
Member
2019 Primavera Sport
Joined: 15 Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Los angeles
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:45 am quote
I saw, I am waiting on a response from the print shop so i can post a general estimate.
Member
2019 Primavera Sport
Joined: 15 Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Location: Los angeles
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am quote
So from what i was able to gather they can do color wraps but not custom prints. They pointed me to another shop in LA that quoted me about 1300 dollars which seems very steep for a wrap since i could get my vespa custom painted in LA for 1500.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2617s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0337s) ][ Debug on ]