UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@silver_streak avatar
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
UTC quote
Tierney wrote:
one more thing - leave the throttle alone when starting the bike, it will just flood that much easier.
I don't buy this for carbureted Vespas. My 2007 LX likes the throttle cracked just a bit for cold starting (with maybe also a twist or two in cold weather for a shot of gas from the accelerator pump).

Fuel injected engines start best with no throttle.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
I just read this thread and felt the need to make a comment on the idea of cranking over an engine that may be flooded with plug out to check for spark.

I guy I worked with tried just that on a somewhat bigger engine and that one was in fact flooded but had good spark. The second degree burns he got on his hand proved the spark was enough to ignite the puff of air and fuel coming out of the plug hole.

I may be somewhat of a worrier but down in a tight area like the engine compartment of a scooter is not some place I want my hand if there is flash of fire even for just a second.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0363s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0128s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]