How to put the old girl down
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Hooked
MP3 400
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 pm quote
I have a 2008 mp3 400 and its getting long in the tooth. She's got more than her share of bumps and scrapes and the cost of fixing her up new has long passed the value of the bike. its about time to put her down for good.

Have you ever had to euthanize your baby? How did you go about it?
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 pm quote
One word: Craigslist.

There's always somebody out there that will either break your baby into a million pieces to sell on Ebay, or to use her as an organ donor for their child, or lovingly restore all her worn bits back to operational as cheap but unusual transportation. But at least you won't have to do it.

Me, what I want to do is put some lipstick on the pig, find a sucker and move on. What I actually do is I have a garage full of babies.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 am quote
If it runs, someone wants it
How many miles? Just turned over 54,000 miles yesterday on my MP3 500.
Hooked
MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 am quote
Squeazel wrote:

There's always somebody out there that will either break your baby into a million pieces to sell on Ebay, or to use her as an organ donor for their child, or lovingly restore all her worn bits back to operational as cheap but unusual transportation. But at least you won't have to do it.

Me, what I want to do is put some lipstick on the pig, find a sucker and move on. What I actually do is I have a garage full of babies.
squeazel. You'er an Animal!
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:26 am quote
Squeazel wrote:

Someone may want it for Parts Bike; Craigslist is your friend.
Cash Only !

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:54 pm quote
Facebook Marketplace works well. You know more or less who you are dealing with and don't get as many scam emails.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:54 am quote
Yeah, scammers are a menace. The current bike I have for sale, a 2006 Honda Big Ruckus for $3000, I received the following scammers, which is pretty much the full spectrum of Craigslist scams these days:

1) "Do you take Paypal?" This scam is where they would send me a fake Paypal link showing a "payment", at which point they take the bike and title and are never heard from again. It hardly ever works, but it must work enough times that these guys continue to try it. I just respond "no, I don't take Paypal".

2) "I'll buy the bike but you need to get a VIN report from this particular VIN report service". Of course you'll never hear from them again after you get the overpriced VIN report that just contains information you can get for free from the Louisiana state website. These guys are subtle, starting an actual dialog, asking questions about the bike, but they're obviously not really interested in the bike since the questions are *really* stupid. Like "how are the brake rotors"? Well, if you cared about the Big Ruckus, you'd know it only has one rotor, and who asks that for their FIRST QUESTION???!!! What about "how many owners?" or "what's the mileage" or what's the top speed?"

3) "I'm in the service/Nigeria/overseas and I really want the item and I'll send you a cashier's check and you can pay my shipping agent from the excess I'll send in the obviously real and genuine cashier's check". Yeah, right.

4) "For a mere 25% up front I can market your item more effectively on multiple viral websites". Yeah, like craigslist. Which is where you found my ad.

I did get one actual real response and he did come over and look at it. But I had to weed out 2 Marketeers, 2 Nigerians, 4 VINs and one Paypal, and that was after I put a disclaimer in the bottom of my ad. Plus never use your phone number- use the Craigslist mail forwarder- or you'll get texts from every clown in the nation pretending to be from the IRS and threatening to halt your "social" (by that I think they mean Social Security payments, but not really sure. Maybe they'll halt my social anxiety, or my social disease. Hmm, maybe I should give them a call...)
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1672s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0521s) ][ Debug on ]