UTC

Hooked
2009 Piaggio BV 250 Tourer

Hooked
@bdonley avatar
2009 Piaggio BV 250 Tourer
UTC quote
Hi all-
Haven't been riding. Old injury turned to a major problem. C-6 nerve root injury. Left side's been numb, and had lack of control. MRI has extruded disc C-6. Surgery looked imminent. More x-rays and MRI. Neuro studies and EMG Tuesday. Definite nerve root injury there. But, it seems to be healing. Nerve root is re-implanting. Anti inflamitories, cervical traction and PT for 3 months.I may skate by fusion.
So, went riding to work today. Forgot how good the Vespa is. Great wind protection with the adjustable shield and lower cowling. Comfortable, upright position. Neck doesn't take bending well. The Corbin seat just tops it. With the change in outlook, got watching CL and bike shopping. Really tempting, a V7 Stone Guzzi showed up fs today. I had an SP1000, tried three times to buy it back. Yes, I'm a Guzziphile. But, don't have room for both, and I couldn't get myself to let go of the GT 200. Just really suits my needs right now. Plus, I'm a
step -wop. It's my birthright to own a Vespa. The quintessential Italian bike. If I had more room, and time to ride. But, as Clint Eastwood said, "sometimes a man's gotta know his limitations".I'm good with that....... i
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
Thanks for checking in. I am glad things are looking up for you! Best wishes
@soul_surfer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
[SOLD] 2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace

Molto Verboso
@soul_surfer avatar
[SOLD] 2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace
UTC quote
Re: Good to be riding again........
bdonley wrote:
Hi all-
Haven't been riding. Old injury turned to a major problem. C-6 nerve root injury. Left side's been numb, and had lack of control. MRI has extruded disc C-6. Surgery looked imminent. More x-rays and MRI. Neuro studies and EMG Tuesday. Definite nerve root injury there. But, it seems to be healing. Nerve root is re-implanting. Anti inflamitories, cervical traction and PT for 3 months.I may skate by fusion.
So, went riding to work today. Forgot how good the Vespa is. Great wind protection with the adjustable shield and lower cowling. Comfortable, upright position. Neck doesn't take bending well. The Corbin seat just tops it. With the change in outlook, got watching CL and bike shopping. Really tempting, a V7 Stone Guzzi showed up fs today. I had an SP1000, tried three times to buy it back. Yes, I'm a Guzziphile. But, don't have room for both, and I couldn't get myself to let go of the GT 200. Just really suits my needs right now. Plus, I'm a
step -wop. It's my birthright to own a Vespa. The quintessential Italian bike. If I had more room, and time to ride. But, as Clint Eastwood said, "sometimes a man's gotta know his limitations".I'm good with that....... i
Welcome back to the fold.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
Glad you're back. Sounds like a bit of a complicated situation there....hope healing continues to go well......

In the meantime, enjoy the ride!
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
It's hard to beat the Vespa in comfort.

I also loved "the image" of V7, but when I test rode the bike, it was a big disappointment. I rode a brand new 2018 model, twice, as I just could not believe that it was not nearly as nice as I'd expected...

So I believe you have the better bike right now

I have a Triumph Street Scrambler myself, it's like a Bonneville with slighly more upright riding position (different sub-frame, peg position, saddle and handlebars).... and a 19" front wheel to keep me going on with our occasional gravel roads ...lacks the Italian charm, but was the best real-life bike for my needs I could find among retros. Can't beat the Vespa in comfort thought!
@strick avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S

Ossessionato
@strick avatar
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S
UTC quote
Welcome back! Good hear things are looking up for you. Best wishes for continued healing.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0519s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0260s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]