Icon Jackets - $109 on EBAY-Update-compared to Joe Rocket
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
Vespa LX150
Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:53 pm quote
Does anyone own or has worn an Icon jacket. I am thinkiing about getting one of the tex/mesh jackets. Looking for some fit and feel notes.

Just picked it up on EBAY for 109 from New Enough. Thats 65 dollars off the normal sale price at New Enough. I love a sale.

UPDATE: Just got my icon jacket, perfect timing considering its going to be 70 degrees outside and yes, I am going for a ride. As far as the jacket goes it os really nice and fits me well. The titantium patches are a nice touch. On one thing I did notice was that the padding is not as dense as on the Joe Rock mesh jacket I bought from New Enough on clearence. I am guessing that the Icon heavier jacket material weight may have something to do with it.

But at first glance based on the padding here is how they compare:

Shoulder Padding - Joe Rocket
Collar Bone - Icon
Stomach - Icon
Elbow - Joe Rocket
Back - Draw
Pockets(3) - Draw
Fit/Finish - Draw

After the review above it looks like a tie. As far as price goes the Joe Rocket Jacket was half the price but its a mesh jacket were Icon is a textile jacket. This may validate the extra price.

Hope this helps.

black2.jpg
Icon Front

back_armor.jpg
Icon Back

grey_front.jpg
Joe Rocket Front

grey_back.jpg
Joe Rocket Back

Addicted
Vespa LX150
Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:40 am quote
Update to jacket message.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3075s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0906s) ][ Debug on ]