Piaggio On Board Computer Ad-On (PMP)
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Author Message
Enthusiast
Vespa Primavera 150 (2019)/Mp3 Sport 500 HPE (2019)
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Posts: 66
Location: New Jersey
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am quote
Did anyone get this on their MP3?

I have had the dealer try install it, 3 times. Thing keeps failing when they try to flash the image onto the computer. Then it gets bricked.

Waiting on Piaggio to send a new one now.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks

PS Just want it cause I am a gadget geek and would love to be able to record everything about a ride and have one screen to look at to check the systems.
Hooked
Gilera Fuoco
Joined: 17 Sep 2017
Posts: 107
Location: Birmingham, England
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:14 pm quote
Don't know if this helps, but I managed to get an Autronics OBDii Trip Computer wired-up to the diagnostic socket, using a wiring adapter that was listed for Ducati / Fiat (3pin to OBDii).

I also have a Torque Pro OBDii to Bluetooth adapter that I use with an app on my Android phone on my car - and can't see any reason why that wouldn't work too.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 4206
Location: Marietta, GA
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:51 am quote
Re: Piaggio On Board Computer Ad-On (PMP)
Finn wrote:
Did anyone get this on their MP3?

I have had the dealer try install it, 3 times. Thing keeps failing when they try to flash the image onto the computer. Then it gets bricked.

Waiting on Piaggio to send a new one now.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks

PS Just want it cause I am a gadget geek and would love to be able to record everything about a ride and have one screen to look at to check the systems.
I have it on my 2016 500 Sport...
It's a Cute Gimmick but if I had to do it all over again I would have saved my money. The Dash Console has most of the same information.
I would prefer keeping my $1200+ iphone under the seat, also; it was a little bit of a distraction.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Enthusiast
Vespa Primavera 150 (2019)/Mp3 Sport 500 HPE (2019)
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Posts: 66
Location: New Jersey
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:57 am quote
OK.

It has not been a good experience at all.

FirstPMP Unit they installed was bricked. THey worked on it for a week trying to get it to work. No good.

Then they got another one in.
They had it another 5 days.
Got the computer installed and it shows up and has BlueTooth. But they could not get it working with the APP.

They are not sure if the 2019 model is the issue or the app is. So now I have a computer on board waiting for an app update hoping it will work.

Totally not what I was expecting.
Molto Verboso
Kymco AK550
Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 1106
Location: UK
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:02 am quote
Finn wrote:
OK.

It has not been a good experience at all.

FirstPMP Unit they installed was bricked. THey worked on it for a week trying to get it to work. No good.

Then they got another one in.
They had it another 5 days.
Got the computer installed and it shows up and has BlueTooth. But they could not get it working with the APP.

They are not sure if the 2019 model is the issue or the app is. So now I have a computer on board waiting for an app update hoping it will work.

Totally not what I was expecting.
If its any consolation the Noodoe App for my Kymco is just as bad. Every time I try to use it it needs updating and then resyncing with the scooter. This often means reinstalling the settings for the console display. The Bluetooth interface also drains both the phone battery and the Kymco battery. I have found that apps for domestic electronic equipment are also very poor and unreliable. The software development model for them seems to result in very poor quality of programming by "coders" who don't understand the products.
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3922
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 am quote
Hi Finn,

The problem may be that you don't have an HPE model but they are trying to install the software that is written for that model. I'm wondering if the software for the 2016 - 2018 MP3 is different and if that would work.

I don't know this for a fact, but it might be worth checking out.

Of course, it could just be a buggy app.
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 193
Location: West Germany
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 pm quote
mpfrank wrote:
Hi Finn,

The problem may be that you don't have an HPE model but they are trying to install the software that is written for that model. I'm wondering if the software for the 2016 - 2018 MP3 is different and if that would work.

I don't know this for a fact, but it might be worth checking out.

Of course, it could just be a buggy app.
To tell the truth. Idon`t think his is an HPE. The Transmission cover and Muffler are thne same as the regular MP3
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2432s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0356s) ][ Debug on ]