Vepsa Rally 200 1974 info.
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 am quote
Hey everyone and thanks a lot for your time. Im considering getting a Rally 200 1974 . Please see attached images.
The seller is asking for Ä4700(sounds kinda pricey tbh).
Whats a good price offer that i should offer?
Thank you

2506DE3A-FB33-4D8D-A35D-05BD6EC927E6.jpeg

Ossessionato
73 Rally, 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 63 Li125, 65 Li225 Silver Special, 86 Elite 80, 2015 HD Road Glide Special, 2011 Ural Tourist
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:22 am quote
Can a moderator move this to the NSM side?

I canít say what Rally 200s are going for in your area but Iíll tell you everything I see first glance that is not 74 Rally correct.

-fork cover is a reproduction
-shock is supposed to be black
-fender crest is wrong
-brake and clutch levers are wrong
-grips cowl trim are supposed to be black
-No floor mat
-centerstand isnít supposed to be black
-Wrong seat
-kickstart lever looks bent or missing the rubber waffle pattern cover
-selector box isnít supposed to be chrome

Hope you find the answer you are looking for and if not, I hope this helps you negotiate better.
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:31 am quote
MJRally wrote:

I canít say what Rally 200s are going for in your area but Iíll tell you everything I see first glance that is not 74 Rally correct.

-fender crest is wrong
-No floor mat
-Wrong seat

Hope you find the answer you are looking for and if not, I hope this helps you negotiate better.
Thanks for your respond! How much would you personally offer?
Hooked
PX 150
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am quote
mannyproto wrote:
MJRally wrote:

-fender crest is wrong
-No floor mat
-Wrong seat

Thanks for your respond! How much would you personally offer?
It appears from the response and the signature that MJRally knows a lot. Based on the fact that the seller is claiming it is a Rally 200 when it likely is not, and that it seems cobbled together, you might be better off walking away from this one.
Ossessionato
73 Rally, 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 63 Li125, 65 Li225 Silver Special, 86 Elite 80, 2015 HD Road Glide Special, 2011 Ural Tourist
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am quote
This is definitely a Rally 200. Whoever repainted it and customized it didnít care to keep it original which is what Iím basing it on. To each their own.

Before Iíd throw an offer out Iíd need to get more details and see more pics.

-Is it registered and in good standing with no fees or tickets?(donít know what your government motor vehicle department charges)
-higher quality pictures overall of the scooter
-VIN and motor number pictures.
-Lists and receipts of work done to it
-Video of it running.

If the owner is unwilling to work with me and is rude Iíd walk away. Bad seller = bad scooter

If the seller tries and couldnít produce everything I listed for you to get, Iíd offer minimum prices for a Rally 200 in your area.

If the seller provides everything and is positive and communicates with you, then Iíd offer a little less than what the median price is for your area. All the cosmetic things will need changing, you have to go pick it up, your baby needs diapers, your dog needs dental work etc etc to bring the price down 😋

See if the seller will provide what I listed.
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:34 am quote
MJRally wrote:
This is definitely a Rally 200. Whoever repainted it and customized it didnít care to keep it original which is what Iím basing it on. To each their own.

Before Iíd throw an offer out Iíd need to get more details and see more pics.

-Is it registered and in good standing with no fees or tickets?(donít know what your government motor vehicle department charges)
-higher quality pictures overall of the scooter
-VIN and motor number pictures.
-Lists and receipts of work done to it
-Video of it running.

If the owner is unwilling to work with me and is rude Iíd walk away. Bad seller = bad scooter

If the seller tries and couldnít produce everything I listed for you to get, Iíd offer minimum prices for a Rally 200 in your area.

If the seller provides everything and is positive and communicates with you, then Iíd offer a little less than what the median price is for your area. All the cosmetic things will need changing, you have to go pick it up, your baby needs diapers, your dog needs dental work etc etc to bring the price down 😋

See if the seller will provide what I listed.
I really appreciate your time man. And yes , the seller offered me to even go check it out myself. He has all the necessary paperwork and provided with me all the above all ready aside from the VIN# because i didnít asking for it.
Originally he had it listed for Ä5000 he brought down the price (only) to Ä4700 and my offer was Ä4000. He responded by saying that he canít do anything less than Ä4500. Honestly i will be happy if we set for Ä4100-Ä4200.

27E1B97C-FC77-4383-87BC-BEFDD0BD84C7.jpeg

Hooked
1978 MotoVespa 160GT, 2009 LML Star 150 2T (Stella), 1961 Lambretta S2, 1962 Lambretta S3, 1964 Lambretta J100
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:48 am quote
I don't profess to know the market in Greece, but here in northern Europe, even Ä4000 is way too much for a Rally in that condition.

If I was you, I'd walk away and hold out for one with either original paint or a more sympathetic restoration.
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:32 am quote
norman wrote:
I don't profess to know the market in Greece, but here in northern Europe, even Ä4000 is way too much for a Rally in that condition.

If I was you, I'd walk away and hold out for one with either original paint or a more sympathetic restoration.
Appreciate your feedback Norman
Enthusiast
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:22 am quote
Im inclined to agree with the comments posted here

the scooter looks to be "restored" to someones idea of what is should be rather than what it is. id look elsewhere for a "proper rally"

Rally in the UK go for whatever anyone is prepared to pay for one. seen one as low as £800 for a basket case minus and engine and as high as £4000 for a "pristine example"
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.2207s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0576s) ][ Debug on ]