Sprint floor runner problem
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Enthusiast
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 am quote
I´m using the original floor runners. Have a problem to get them to fit properly? The one nearest to the body doesn´t seem to line up correctly? Looks like the aft end is somehow going over that sheetmetal edge?
Also problem with the outer runners. Espesially in the front end where the runners goes over the legshield trim.

IMG_5071.JPG

Addicted
Old douglas ..smallie with polini 115..super with nasco 177
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:34 pm quote
There is quite a bit of play when the metal is warm......I rub them(esp ends) up and down on my jeans/pants and then you can 'encourage " them over

some of them (esp outside) curve both up with the curve of the apron and another curve sideways.....again ..get the strip warm with friction and push it down on the frame with your thumbs etc long before you even try riveting.....one rail took nme thre hours of gentle bending and mocking it up on the frame 20 to 30 times or more

another trick is to sit a series 2cm blocks of wood inside the rail where the rubber goes and get lots of little tiny clamps...and manipulate bend the rail to the frame curve. (when warm)

the frame becomes the jig
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1690s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0290s) ][ Debug on ]