windshield too low
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Enthusiast
GTS 300
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:54 am quote
I just can't take it anymore; the buffeting, the whistling and the bugs on my glasses.
My current smoke FACO medium is 13" tall from the light up. My face is totally in the wind. MotoParty # MTP-M01-TY-01-T on Amazon ASIN B07L59965N seems to be a solution. There's 320mm between the brackets and this one with 280mm should be the ticket.
Can someone please verify, this took me awhile to think out. BTW the top extension will be clear for easier night vision.
Regards, Ralph
Addicted
Yamaha Tricity 155 2018 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am quote
... personally like to take the air in the front, it's the beauty of a two-wheeled vehicle and with a good helmet you do ... but sometimes you don't.
There are windshield models that are tall and wide but destabilize driving and if a large vehicle overtakes you become like the sail of a ship, you have to consider that too.
Hooked
GTV-300ie Touring
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:49 am quote
Re: windshield too low
RP Tech wrote:
I just can't take it anymore; the buffeting, the whistling and the bugs on my glasses.
My current smoke FACO medium is 13" tall from the light up. My face is totally in the wind. MotoParty # MTP-M01-TY-01-T on Amazon ASIN B07L59965N seems to be a solution. There's 320mm between the brackets and this one with 280mm should be the ticket.
Can someone please verify, this took me awhile to think out. BTW the top extension will be clear for easier night vision.
Regards, Ralph
I ride a GTV, and there are far fewer windshield options for it. I cut down my OEM full-sized windshield, as it was *too* tall for my liking.

I just measured it, and it is about 17" from the top of the windshield to the top of the speedometer/gauge console. So, having an extension on your 13" windshield sounds about right.

With mine cut down to 17", I can see over the top if I sit up straight, and if I slouch, the windflow goes over my head. That's perfect for me, and I'm between 5'9" and 5'10" tall. If that extension is adjustable, it should be easy to set the right height for your preference.

Good luck!
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2447s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0353s) ][ Debug on ]