Aftermarket front shocks?
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 am quote
Guessing it is still the case that no one makes aftermarket shocks for the front of the MP3?
Have a 2008 MP3 500 with 55,500 miles and it needs front shocks.
There is a parts bike in the basement I can get a new/used set from, but would really like some Batibo's.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:12 am quote
I also have a parts front end I could use from but like you want an aftermarket shock option. Just a couple days ago I was searching around and seeing if I could find anything. No luck so far. goes I will take part the spare front end and get some measurements done and start a detailed search.

I thought Maksor was trying to get a manufacture to build something, I will reach out to him.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:46 pm quote
I am very interested and know a friend that owns a small old school no cnc machine shop if machining needs to be done.
He specializes in one offs and prototypes.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:59 pm quote
This is something i'm interested in as the front shocks could be better if there the same lack of quality as the rears. My thoughts as i've mentioned before is to fit a pair of shocks into the existing front shock brackets. So remove the original shock by cutting it out and then machine the remaining part out of the bracket on the lathe. Then replace with a suitable shock from who ever can supply one of a suitable lenght and a threaded top rod and fit it to the original bracket by what ever means is doable. Now i'm quite sure Hagons could supply a suitable shock ,in fact at a few of the m/c shows i've been to where hagons have had a stall they have this type of shock on display ( plain body with no spring holder/ramp and threaded top ). Unfortunatly i've been to busy with loads of other things /projects to get around to to having a go. Maybe if i had a old pair of knackered o/e shocks i'd find some time i do look on ebay now and again but the cheapest used shocks i've seen were 50 /$65and i'm not paying that to scrap them.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1370s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0344s) ][ Debug on ]