pink panther.. i mean vespa
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:39 am quote
hello all.. i guess its time i put my own topic about my wife pink vespa, in case u all dont get bored to see it

i'll start the story back to 2016, a week before my wedding my wife ask me to build her a pink vespa, odd request but guess she know me well enough to notice how much i like to build a vespa so i role out the sprint frame that i trade with my nokia cellphone back in 2015, but since its been outdoor for almost a year the floorboard is gave up, so first thing to do is change the floorboard

not stoping in just the floorboard, i said why not change it something else, so weld the legshield to look taller and boxies while reshape the horncast, made a new left and right panel

since it have to be done fast i just put whatever i have at the time, fork using a smallie fork with a rear p series hub that i force to enter the smallie gear hub, lammy headset, and a vbx 150cc engine

its finish in time, and like i said it is pink

the pink vespa serve the first task nicely as a wedding property

after that the pink vespa became myone of my daily bike, basicly all my bike is a daily bike if they can alive when i call them

after sometime i wanna upgrade the pink, so i add a homemade disc, change the fork for a late p series and the headset as well

time fly by i add a customise windshield but lose the disc

build the custom pipe from a.. (i think u all know me that well )

beside a daily the pink is have another task, to do a long trip distance on a vespa party why, cause i know everyone will be laugh either on my mustache nor on the pink vespa that doesnt look normal

after 2 year i paint some scratch and ding on the pink vespa , its a rough neigbourhood here

and also made a custom super short seat (what can i said beside i am short )

since it still have a spring in the seat frame, it does still comfort for 1500km trip

build another homemade disc and test it on a nearest hill

and my wife sure does like it

ealry this year i found a short aftermarket shock to replace the smallie shock that i previously use

also change the windshield some few month back as i crash the previous one (again its tough neigbourhood

last month i have a birthday gift from Brother Pheas, its a wide tyre as my old one is give up to aging, and i soon make use the gift well

gotta fix the front shock first

the new tyre didnt seat in the center quite well

so last weekend i open up the engine to fix the twisted crank shaft, cut the engine mounting, change the bearing and crankshaft seal, grind the pipe (again) and now the tyre can fit in the pink happily

guess that all for now, so until next issue you all should have a nice day on a vespa and cheer

pink 1.jpeg
cut as much as i can

pink 2.jpeg
change the seal and fix the twisted crankshaft

pink 3.jpeg
last one can hold for 6 years, hope this one will last longer

pink 4.jpeg
cut the pipe (again)

pink 5.jpeg
put the engine back and boy.. it sure does tight inside the cowl

pink 6.jpeg
put the new 12' wide tyre and it look awesome

pink 8.jpeg
i like it

pink 9.jpeg
test ride it and the new tyre sure does grip the ashpalt nicely

pink 7.jpeg
net thing to think.. put a bigger tyre in front

Ossessionato
PX200, Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:03 pm quote
Good stuff Ebeth. I love your wedding photo.
Molto Verboso
08 GTS 250, 79 P200E, 62 Allstate
Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm quote
WOW
That is a great story ebeth! Thank you for sharing. You are quite the masterful scooter hacker! I love it! You and Voodoo, I learn so much of what is possible.

Thanks again! Great job!
Ossessionato
1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:05 pm quote
I get inspired every time I see your builds brother E. Just beautiful.
Hooked
'77 150 Super (PT Danmotor), '64 VBBs (Shriners + project), 1970s BMW motorcycles, Bultaco Alpina trials
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:51 pm quote
Great photos of the Pink Scoot! Amazing custom work. Ride safe and have fun, Ebeth!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x2 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm quote
Ebeth, you madman! I love it when you do your magic with tired Vespas and old parts.

This caught my eye right off the bat. That's hardcore!

But you really got my attention here.

Backyard engineering at its finest with a unique and very pretty result for wifey. Thanks for sharing.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (Sold)
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:03 pm quote
..and I'm stuck here in Thailand. My LXV now lives in North East Jakarta.
Hooked
59" Allstate
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:53 am quote
Amazing work, keep it up. Every time I see your accomplishments I want to go work on my scooter.
Hooked
bare metal cafe racer
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:33 am quote
Have to repost a better version of your wedding photo.

Best. Wedding. Photo. Ever.

BB5BE651-CBF5-48DA-BEC5-1F277C96BD59.jpeg

Hooked
Honda elite
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:20 pm quote
A wife encouraging your scooter habit, does she have sisters? Good read ebeth
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:23 pm quote
Brilliant E! Loving the Vaderbilt sticker.
Hooked
P125x (P200 Motor)
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:34 pm quote
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:13 pm quote
V oodoo wrote:
Ebeth, you madman! I love it when you do your magic with tired Vespas and old parts.

This caught my eye right off the bat. That's hardcore!

But you really got my attention here.

Backyard engineering at its finest with a unique and very pretty result for wifey. Thanks for sharing.
like i always said Brother T, working on a vespa is what keep us sane, and its a fun thing to do.. the floorboard is normal thing that will happen here if u lay ur frame outdoor in the ground for a year, i even have a much worse sprint frame at the moment that i am still think of what to do since i am missing lots of parts (well basicly its only a frame and cowl for now

the disc brake setup.. quite funny right, even i still laugh at my home made disc

good luck with ur fleet and cheer Brother T
waspmike wrote:
..and I'm stuck here in Thailand. My LXV now lives in North East Jakarta.
u know that i miss u here right Brother Mike
FatAmy wrote:
Amazing work, keep it up. Every time I see your accomplishments I want to go work on my scooter.
thank you Brother, its what i always feel when i saw everyone here doing some awesome work with their vespa as well, its like we working together but in a different place
pheasant plucker wrote:
Have to repost a better version of your wedding photo.

Best. Wedding. Photo. Ever.
right, Thanks Brother Pheas, i forgot where i put this photo but with a lower file size, and its thanks to you the pink have a new shoes
hibbert wrote:
A wife encouraging your scooter habit, does she have sisters? Good read ebeth
my wife is the last daughter out of 12 brothers and sisters she have, so yes she does have sister but no she was the last one of the daughter that get married i feel lucky she never forbid me to fix my vespa, hope the same thing goes to you as well Brother H and to everyone here
Ginch wrote:
Brilliant E! Loving the Vaderbilt sticker.
thanks Brother M, i still keep my promise for keep them clean as best as i can, and for Bitsa the pink will live on as i know how much he like the pink vespa, have a nice day in Aussie and cheer
JimVonBaden wrote:
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
anytime Brother J, good luck on ur p200 as well and cheer

currently i am still doing the test ride and will try to take it on long distance ride soon

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 02.41.43.jpeg
think i need and slimmer rear shock spiral nor remove the upper shock bolt to the right

Addicted
2019 Honda - The Monkey
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:27 pm quote
Your enthusiasm, ability and ingenuity is amazing.

somerset
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:29 pm quote
somerset wrote:
Your enthusiasm, ability and ingenuity is amazing.

somerset
thanks Brother S, i learn it all here
Hooked
bare metal cafe racer
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:17 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
think i need and slimmer rear shock spiral nor remove the upper shock bolt to the right
Is the tyre rubbing on the right? Easy fix for you I reckon =)

But likely why >130 is generally a no-go.

Looks so good at 140 tho!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:00 am quote
pheasant plucker wrote:
koenig blues wrote:
Is the tyre rubbing on the right? Easy fix for you I reckon =)

But likely why >130 is generally a no-go.

Looks so good at 140 tho!
thanks Brother Pheas, now i have 2 problems, just change the front tyre with a bigger one and it also rub the shock despite all effort i done to put it in now i need to cut the rubber in the edge of front tyre a bit

still thinking of fabricate the front fender (someday) until then have a nice day and cheer

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 15.23.09.jpeg
i know the tyre too tall, but thats all i found

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 15.23.29.jpeg
its too stuffed :lol:

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 15.24.00.jpeg
and yes its rub.. but i got a nice stance now

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 15.24.12.jpeg
muscle up pink

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 15.23.47.jpeg
in reality its quite funny if u ask me

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-12 at 15.24.46.jpeg

Hooked
'66 Super 150
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:24 pm quote
Wow, Ebeth! A hot pink scoot definitely takes the cake for the best wedding gift ever. Your beautiful wife looks so happy and you so dapper in that awesome pic. Congrats to you both! And thanks for the great post
Ossessionato
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:01 pm quote
Ebeth,

I'm in Bangkok all Indo. projects cancelled. Are you guys sure who the new president is?

Vanderbilt? With that colour it should be Paris Hilton

But you would need to change the colour of the logo.

Hooked
bare metal cafe racer
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
That front tire made me laugh! But itís really cool and looks awesome!

How does it ride?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm quote
Really, Ebeth? Are you serious or just having a little joke on us?

Where does the tire go if you hit a bump, eh? What have you got for travel, like maybe 3 centimeters? If this actually works well, I'll have to hand it to you - you are a scooterboy magician! Stance is killer regardless.
Molto Verboso

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:15 pm quote
Coming from another fat tired pink Vespa owner, I really like the looks of those super fat front AND rear tires you have mocked up!

...oh, and you need to teach us how to have a smile as good as yours...maybe you could start a smile build thread here? Maybe start small with a smirk, then a fully ported open mouth smile for some of us who are wanting a bit more?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 pm quote
Kimono32 wrote:
Wow, Ebeth! A hot pink scoot definitely takes the cake for the best wedding gift ever. Your beautiful wife looks so happy and you so dapper in that awesome pic. Congrats to you both! And thanks for the great post
u make me bluss, thankyou Sis and glad u like our story
waspmike wrote:
Ebeth,

I'm in Bangkok all Indo. projects cancelled. Are you guys sure who the new president is?

Vanderbilt? With that colour it should be Paris Hilton

But you would need to change the colour of the logo.

just wait for the thing to get cool, since the new cabinet is in the making, maybe all ur Indo project will be reveal that time

as for our Brother Vader sticker it aint going no where although i like that hilton logo and maybe put Shofy name in there, good idea Brother Mike
pheasant plucker wrote:
koenig blues wrote:
That front tire made me laugh! But itís really cool and looks awesome!

How does it ride?
look funny right Brother PP, i test it around the blocks and lots of folks from kids till adults asking me the same thing, thats a huge and how does it ride.. well i can only its the same as normal vespa as long u dont got puchture nor a flat tyre cause if u do imagine how heavy it will be with a wider rubber
V oodoo wrote:
Really, Ebeth? Are you serious or just having a little joke on us?

Where does the tire go if you hit a bump, eh? What have you got for travel, like maybe 3 centimeters? If this actually works well, I'll have to hand it to you - you are a scooterboy magician! Stance is killer regardless.
i am serious Brother T, u know we scooterist like to look diferent right, and its cheaper to do this since i didnt buy any new parts

and sorry i forget to tell you, about the travel in the front, i got almost zero movement i set the shock to its hardest stiffness so it can only bounce for 1,5 cm max even if with a passanger, imagine if i ride alone so its safe but i still need to test it on a long run first
whodatschrome wrote:
Coming from another fat tired pink Vespa owner, I really like the looks of those super fat front AND rear tires you have mocked up!

...oh, and you need to teach us how to have a smile as good as yours...maybe you could start a smile build thread here? Maybe start small with a smirk, then a fully ported open mouth smile for some of us who are wanting a bit more?
thanks Brother W, as for a smile lesson.. try to have a whole day with me, u will have smile and laugh all day

this time i manage to fix the rubbing issue but still i need a bigger front fender and slimmer shock, guess i have to back using the smallie shock again

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 08.21.05.jpeg
it rub here, so i have to cut a bit with sandpaper

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 08.21.05(1).jpeg
i manage to set the shock to its final stiffness, since i already modified it with lots of oil before so no problem in the travel, but still the side as the spring is too wide

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 08.21.04.jpeg
test it on a road bump around the house, bumpy yes but still not rub the fender for now

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-20 at 09.08.21.jpeg
see how happy i am now

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:28 pm quote
You do look bigtime happy. You look just like this guy, but w/ a mustache:
And it's a very fine looking mustache you got going there. Things are most excellent for ebeth today!
Hooked
bare metal cafe racer
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:29 am quote
Pink is looking awesome. Love that front hub too! Where did you find that? Such a good 12Ē conversion.

But that mo takes the cake!

Much respect Brother E. Inspiring as always.

Makes me want to grow a mo too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm quote
thanks Brother T and Brother PP.. some say i do have nice mustache (most are dude) while the ladies grow pink when i saw them, but the truth is my wife hate it cause it tickle she often shave it but it grow too fast till she get bored

and back to the pink vespa, test it on a long run and its not perfect, last night the road are wet after the rain, and i hear wung wung wung in front and spoteed that the debris on the tyre is still rubbing the front shock so i may back to use the 100-90 until i can find a busted smallie shock.. thought of swapping with the yellow smallie shock but the pink shock wont fit in there

have a nice day to you all and cheer

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-22 at 20.18.13.jpeg
with my senior friend, even he was shock seeing my tyre :lol:

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-22 at 18.29.43.jpeg
now i know why folk like to see my rear side, its actually like a queen bee arse and even almost allign with my friend excel 150 height

Ossessionato
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:52 pm quote
Eben,

I will be in Karawang. #0th to 3rd next week end . Sent you a WhatsApp.
Molto Verboso
2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:35 pm quote
Very cool rebuild and keeping the older generations, alive. Thank you for sharing.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.2985s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0355s) ][ Debug on ]