2016 GTS300ie Super ABS - Cranks but never starts
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
2016 Vespa GTS 300ie Super ABS
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:23 pm quote
My 16 GTS300ie Super ABS has been in the garage all winter. I went to start it a few weeks ago and was worried about the gas being in it all winter. Siphoned the gas and replaced with fresh high octane gas. Tried to start it and it just cranked and cranked but never even tried to fire.

Using the blue key and the brown key, I tried both brake handles but same results, just cranks and never tries to fire. Tail lights light up with either of the brake handles pulled.

I checked the fuses in the glovebox and the main fuse by the battery, all were in good shape and not blown. The battery was weak, so I replaced it with a new one. With the key off the new battery reads 12.9 volts.

Starter motor sounds strong and cranks fast. So I moved to fuel. Pulled the injector and cranked the engine and the injector sprayed a nice pulsing mist of fuel. So I moved to the spark plug. Pulled the spark plug and cranked the engine and it blasted big sparks.

Our local Vespa dealership recently closed business, and the nearest dealer is 300 miles from me.

I don't know what else to check....any help would be very much appreciated!!
Addicted
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm quote
Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you confirmed fuel and spark. What about air? Anything build a nest in your airbox, or something like that?

Also, it looks like you posted this as a "wiki" somehow - it would get more attention in the "general" section.
2016 Vespa GTS 300ie Super ABS
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:07 pm quote
Hello Berto!

Thanks for the suggestion about the airbox. I haven't checked the filter or the air intake. I'll check it out and let you know what I find.

And thanks for telling me where I should post. I'll see if I can figure out how to move this one, or start a new one in the right group.
Thanks again for air intake tip!
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2798s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0710s) ][ Debug on ]