Max6200 is not going to make it
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
Author Message
Ossessionato
Piaggio BV 500 BLUE DRAGON
Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Posts: 4961
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:30 pm quote
Max’s sister, Eunice, has asked me to inform Max’s Modern Vespa friends, that he isn’t going to make it. The infection he has been fighting has spread to his organs.

While many may have never had the, “spectacular” experience of meeting Max face-to-face, I am sure you knew him well from his many posts here on Modern Vespa.

Please share any memories, photos and thoughts of our passionate, lively and funny, scooterist compatriot Max6200.

I finish with a quote by Vincent VanGogh:

“For myself, I declare I don’t know anything about it. But the sight of the stars always makes me dream in as simple a way as the black spots on the map, representing towns and villages, make me dream.

Why, I say to myself, should the spots of light in the firmament be less accessible to us than the black spots on the map of France.

Just as we take the train to go to Tarascon or Rouen, we take death to go to a star. What’s certainly true in this argument is that while alive, we cannot go to a star, any more than once dead we’d be able to take the train. So it seems to me not impossible that cholera, the stone, consumption, cancer are celestial means of locomotion, just as steamboats, omnibuses and the railway are terrestrial ones.

To die peacefully of old age would be to go there on foot.”

If I know anything about Max, he would most definitely would ride his scooter to a star.

F2E826DB-964D-4486-B04F-E1FE850A66A8.jpeg
Max, at Amerivespa 2012, Lake Geneva

Molto Verboso
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 1097
Location: Depends on where I happen to be.
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 pm quote
Awww Geeze, god’s speed Max. Ride well...
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 3758
Location: Santa Cruz California
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:24 pm quote
Re: Max6200 is not going to make it
Belkwinith wrote:
Max’s sister, Eunice, has asked me to inform Max’s Modern Vespa friends, that he isn’t going to make it. The infection he has been fighting has spread to his organs.

While many may have never had the, “spectacular” experience of meeting Max face-to-face, I am sure you knew him well from his many posts here on Modern Vespa.

Please share any memories, photos and thoughts of our passionate, lively and funny, scooterist compatriot Max6200.

I finish with a quote by Vincent VanGogh:

“For myself, I declare I don’t know anything about it. But the sight of the stars always makes me dream in as simple a way as the black spots on the map, representing towns and villages, make me dream.

Why, I say to myself, should the spots of light in the firmament be less accessible to us than the black spots on the map of France.

Just as we take the train to go to Tarascon or Rouen, we take death to go to a star. What’s certainly true in this argument is that while alive, we cannot go to a star, any more than once dead we’d be able to take the train. So it seems to me not impossible that cholera, the stone, consumption, cancer are celestial means of locomotion, just as steamboats, omnibuses and the railway are terrestrial ones.

To die peacefully of old age would be to go there on foot.”

If I know anything about Max, he would most definitely would ride his scooter to a star.
Beautiful quote Belk. Thanks for that. Is Max the guy in the center wearing the red T-shirt?

Best
Miguel
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 7273
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:29 pm quote
Well, fuck.

Max, know that you will be missed and your contributions here will be missed as well. We are all less off without the colorful character that you brought to this community.

Fair seas. Prevailing winds. Good weather. Miles of smiles in the afterlife.

To Max.
~hoists one~
sláinte

As my grandma said: an bhféadfá do bhóthar a aimsiú

-g
Molto Verboso
2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 1171
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:34 pm quote
So sad to read this.

Max, may the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Ossessionato
Piaggio BV 500 BLUE DRAGON
Joined: 08 Oct 2008
Posts: 4961
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:04 pm quote
Yes Max is the man in the red shirt.
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (Sold)
Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 2781
Location: Bangkok
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:37 pm quote
Very few of us get to decide when we go. One can only hope it is mostly painless.
Ossessionato
GTS250
Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 3479
Location: Tempe, AZ
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm quote
Dammit. Stuff like this is so hard to hear. We'll miss you, Max.
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Joined: 24 Mar 2013
Posts: 1227
Location: IL
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm quote
so very sad, I just hope he has not suffered.
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 16568
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:26 pm quote
Empty
Bless you Max.

I first met him in Abilene in 2012 and he made a real impression by making a pass at me.

That was more memorable than riding all day in Texas.

I also remember him asking for relationship advice in here soon after I first joined.

If you can could you keep us all updated ?

Bill x
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 3241
Location: Staffordshire UK
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:38 am quote
Sad news, Judy, Bitza and now Max in the space of 12 months, not a good year for MV Legends!

Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Posts: 692
Location: Northern Virginia
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:41 am quote
Sad. RIP Max.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 5739
Location: New Zealand
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:33 am quote
Bloody hell. I hope he gets good care through to the end.

Love you Max.
Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 1992 BMW K75
Joined: 07 Nov 2005
Posts: 1764
Location: Central Pennsylvania
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:38 am quote
Sad news indeed. Although I've never met Max or know him, I've been part of this community long enough to know that it is connected and supportive enough that any loss resonates through us.

I pray Max finds comfort and support as things draw to a close. And perhaps some of that may be fueled by memories on two wheels and the people here that he came to think of as friends.

Godspeed Max.
Addicted
2019 Honda - The Monkey
Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 528
Location: Somerset England
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:47 am quote
Another sad day.

somerset
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4126
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:49 am quote
Terrible news as it looks like MV will lose another one of its valuable contributors.

Max always had something interesting to add to various threads.

I was fortunate to meet him when he traveled to Norman, OK to meet the 2014 SCR as it was passing through.

Most riders were doing maintenance in the parking lot, so it was a busy afternoon/evening.

I wasn't working on Rocket (should have been changing the belt and variator) so I could sit and talk with Max for a few minutes.

I remember his pleasant smile and personality.

He will be missed.

IMG_5876.JPG
Max chose to sit on the bench along the fence at the end of the parking lot. Didn't make for a very good photo, but you can see his smile.

eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 16568
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:15 am quote
Glint
Check out those amazing blue eyes.

Bless him.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 5233
Location: Home of the Alamo
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:28 am quote
And so we lose another spice from the stew.

So sad.

God bless you Max.
Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 4681
Location: Chandler, Arizona, USA
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:59 am quote
Oh boy. This is sad to read.

I never met Max in person, but we exchanged numerous messages. Everything from technical discussion about ceramic coatings, LED lighting, and painting sheet metal to just everyday life things more related to our shared passion for Vespa and skiing. He often mentioned how much he had learned from the MV community and how it gave him the courage to jump in and do his own work on his scooter. Vintage Red Matthew, he mentioned you in particular as someone who had provided a lot of advice and guidance.

You'll be remembered and missed Max!

-Craig
Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 / GT60 (X2)/ ET4 (X2)/ ET2/ 78 P200/ 67 Sprint/ 09 GTS/ 03 Ruckus/ 13 946/ 16 Prima 70/ 15 Sprint
Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 6313
Location: Sherman Oaks
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:08 am quote
Hard to read.

Max is one of my absolute favorite fellow Vespa owners nothing but love for the man.

His heart is beating today, I will remain hopeful he pulls thru until God tells me differently.

SDG
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:46 am quote
So sorry to hear this. Max was a fixture on MV from well before my time, IIRC.
His presence here will be missed.

Godspeed, Max.
Ossessionato
Kymco Like 200i (Sold)
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 2476
Location: San Jose, CA
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:57 am quote
How sad to read this news. I never met Max, but always enjoyed his posts. He will be missed. Peace and Godspeed Max.
MV Santa
GTS250, 1960 VBA, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 4164
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 am quote
Wow. I told the hospital to call me if he regained consciousness. He didn't and I will never have a chance to make amends or say goodbye.

The best thing he taught me is to not hold a grudge.

Goodbye Max. I will miss you more than you could know.

Matthew

ozarks 009.jpg

cannonball abilene 006.jpg

irispaint 001 (Medium).jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 am quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
Wow. I told the hospital to call me if he regained consciousness. He didn't and I will never have a chance to make amends or say goodbye.

The best thing he taught me is to not hold a grudge.

Goodbye Max. I will miss you more than you could know.

Matthew
Thanks for the pictures, Matthew. Sorry things didn't end as well as they could have with you too. Happens often enough. Something for all of us to ponder.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5277
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 am quote
Oh FFS! This shit has to end here at MV. I'm very sorry to hear of this and my sincerest condolences to all close to Max. For what amounts to a pretty small community we have had more than our share of loss.

*EDIT* A few here may not know about this feature. Here is a link to Max's posts. I did the same for Judy and Bitza and read through many of their old posts. It's a way to remember the MV member that is taking that last winding road or if you did now know them it's a way to get a little peak in to the person that is no longer with us.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Max6200
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 3758
Location: Santa Cruz California
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 am quote
I also read some of max's posts. His first one was pretty entertaining and I loved his musing.
Max6200 wrote:
Okay. I love my Vespa right? She is pretty and oh ... sooooo cool.She has made me smile more than anyone that I have ever had. And she keeps on giving. She almost never says no. Every morning, when I wake up and look at her, there she is resting in all that luscious and sensual way that only Italian scooters have. And she is always beckoning me to ride her hard and ferosciously, rain or shine. To ride her is to know her and that I do with relentless abandon.

Trust me, we turn eyes and heads where ever we go. We are the perfect pair! Together we set out every morning to conquer the world. She takes me to the clubs, bars, work, grocery stores, the gym, the park, Starbucks, and even sometimes beyond state borders. I post her pictures on numerous national and international blogs obsessively. I am constantly trying to find a better way to please her and keep her happy. It really and truely is an arresting love affair. For us the end is nowhere in sight. We were made for each other. Everybody knows it. If someone else other than me touches her an alarm instatnly goes off as if to tell the world that I am indeed the only one in her life. When an attempt is made to pick her up she goes crazy. I know I am the only one for her. But ...

What should I name her?
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4126
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 am quote
Miguel wrote:
I also read some of max's posts. His first one was pretty entertaining and I loved his musing.
Max6200 wrote:
Okay. I love my Vespa right? She is pretty and oh ... sooooo cool.She has made me smile more than anyone that I have ever had. And she keeps on giving. She almost never says no. Every morning, when I wake up and look at her, there she is resting in all that luscious and sensual way that only Italian scooters have. And she is always beckoning me to ride her hard and ferosciously, rain or shine. To ride her is to know her and that I do with relentless abandon.

Trust me, we turn eyes and heads where ever we go. We are the perfect pair! Together we set out every morning to conquer the world. She takes me to the clubs, bars, work, grocery stores, the gym, the park, Starbucks, and even sometimes beyond state borders. I post her pictures on numerous national and international blogs obsessively. I am constantly trying to find a better way to please her and keep her happy. It really and truely is an arresting love affair. For us the end is nowhere in sight. We were made for each other. Everybody knows it. If someone else other than me touches her an alarm instatnly goes off as if to tell the world that I am indeed the only one in her life. When an attempt is made to pick her up she goes crazy. I know I am the only one for her. But ...

What should I name her?
Thank you Miguel,

That, was an amazing post!

Man, we could use more of those.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 3758
Location: Santa Cruz California
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:33 am quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Miguel wrote:
I also read some of max's posts. His first one was pretty entertaining and I loved his musing.
Max6200 wrote:
Okay. I love my Vespa right? She is pretty and oh ... sooooo cool.She has made me smile more than anyone that I have ever had. And she keeps on giving. She almost never says no. Every morning, when I wake up and look at her, there she is resting in all that luscious and sensual way that only Italian scooters have. And she is always beckoning me to ride her hard and ferosciously, rain or shine. To ride her is to know her and that I do with relentless abandon.

Trust me, we turn eyes and heads where ever we go. We are the perfect pair! Together we set out every morning to conquer the world. She takes me to the clubs, bars, work, grocery stores, the gym, the park, Starbucks, and even sometimes beyond state borders. I post her pictures on numerous national and international blogs obsessively. I am constantly trying to find a better way to please her and keep her happy. It really and truely is an arresting love affair. For us the end is nowhere in sight. We were made for each other. Everybody knows it. If someone else other than me touches her an alarm instatnly goes off as if to tell the world that I am indeed the only one in her life. When an attempt is made to pick her up she goes crazy. I know I am the only one for her. But ...

What should I name her?
Thank you Miguel,

That, was an amazing post!

Man, we could use more of those.
A true love affair. He posted 7201 times over his 8 years here so there's lots of material to read. Have fun reminiscing with Max! Richard Lemmon and Aviator47 are two of my other MV legend authors that have taken their last ride over the last few years. But they live on via MV.

Best
Miguel
Addicted
'14 Piaggio BV 350
Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 904
Location: Seacoast New Hampshire (USA)
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:49 am quote
Never got to meet the man, but sorry to read of his illness, and apparently worsening condition... Sorry news for family, friends and many MV family...
Molto Verboso
Primavera ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300
Joined: 05 Apr 2009
Posts: 1391
Location: Berlin
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 am quote
Sad news. I don't think I ever had a conversation with Max here on MV, but I was well aware of his presence.
Enthusiast
07 Scarabeo 500ie,1980 Vespa P200E,2009 Vespa 250GT,2014 BMW C650GT
Joined: 22 Aug 2008
Posts: 62
Location: Sulphur Springs IN.
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:54 am quote
Met Max at the 2012 Amerivespa we were staying in the same motel. Pointed me and my wife to a nice local restaurant. Did't have a long chat but I still remember him and I followed him on MV . Thanks Belkwinith for the photo brought back some very pleasant memories. God Speed good sir and comfort for all who he touched.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 7862
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:07 pm quote
Re: Empty
Bill Dog wrote:
Bless you Max.

I first met him in Abilene in 2012 and he made a real impression by making a pass at me.

That was more memorable than riding all day in Texas.

I also remember him asking for relationship advice in here soon after I first joined.

If you can could you keep us all updated ?

Bill x
That's where I first met Max as well when he and Vintage Red Mathew rode down from Kansas to meet up with the cannonball riders over a Texas BBQ. Met him a couple more times including 2014 Cannonball in Norman and Lake Geneva Amerivespa where I think Martha's picture was taken. I'm traveling and didn't bring my laptop or I'd look for a couple of photos with Max in them.

Godspeed my friend.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
946
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 5805
Location: Acworth, GA
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:27 pm quote
Farewell, Max... Never met you, but I’ll keep you in my thoughts, and maybe one day we’ll cross paths on a different plane.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 Vespa LX 190, 2011 LXV150ie
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 8614
Location: Annapolis, MD, USA
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:07 pm quote
Farewell Max. I never got to meet you, but we've had many pleasant conversations on MV over the years, and you are a stand-up guy.

Geez, this place is getting less and less colorful by the day.
Molto Verboso
2018 GTS300 Super Sport - Donatello Vespace
Joined: 22 Dec 2012
Posts: 1171
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:20 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Oh FFS! This shit has to end here at MV. I'm very sorry to hear of this and my sincerest condolences to all close to Max. For what amounts to a pretty small community we have had more than our share of loss.

*EDIT* A few here may not know about this feature. Here is a link to Max's posts. I did the same for Judy and Bitza and read through many of their old posts. It's a way to remember the MV member that is taking that last winding road or if you did now know them it's a way to get a little peak in to the person that is no longer with us.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Max6200
Wait! Did we also lose Judy? I was away for many months.
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 2236
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:08 pm quote
The Good Leave Too Soon
Soul Surfer wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Oh FFS! This shit has to end here at MV. I'm very sorry to hear of this and my sincerest condolences to all close to Max. For what amounts to a pretty small community we have had more than our share of loss.

*EDIT* A few here may not know about this feature. Here is a link to Max's posts. I did the same for Judy and Bitza and read through many of their old posts. It's a way to remember the MV member that is taking that last winding road or if you did now know them it's a way to get a little peak in to the person that is no longer with us.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Max6200
Wait! Did we also lose Judy? I was away for many months.
Indeed, we did. Bitza too, more recently.

I Arrived here way, way after, but early enough to read a few of Max' posts. It hurts to read the thread, and look at the photos: I see a vital person enjoying the living daylights out of things, and leaving the scene way too soon. Someone I wish I'd had the chance to meet.

Thanks for this, Belk. Hurts to read, but vital to know.
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS 300 i.e. ABS, 2010 Vespa GTS 300 ie Super & 2003 Honda Shadow VT750 ACE (sold) & 2006 Vespa LX150 (sold)
Joined: 18 Oct 2009
Posts: 3014
Location: Toronto (formerly Montreal)
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:07 am quote
Der Blechfahrer wrote:
Sad news. I don't think I ever had a conversation with Max here on MV, but I was well aware of his presence.
+1 But you never know, sometimes people manage to pull through against all odds.
Ossessionato
GTS250
Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 3479
Location: Tempe, AZ
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:24 pm quote
David Masse wrote:
Der Blechfahrer wrote:
Sad news. I don't think I ever had a conversation with Max here on MV, but I was well aware of his presence.
+1 But you never know, sometimes people manage to pull through against all odds.
Fingers crossed!
Addicted
‘09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), ‘06 Kymco People 250(sold), ’08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, ‘09 Buddy Italia, ’06 Buddy
Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Posts: 900
Location: Denver
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:11 pm quote
That's awful news, sorry to those that know him well .
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 10817
Location: Oregon City, OR
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 pm quote
Fair winds and smooth seas Max. You will be missed.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
[ Time: 0.3172s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0502s) ][ Debug on ]