Old member, new location - central PA
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:10 pm quote
I've lived in suburban Boston for 30 years, and as of this evening I'll be in Lock Haven, PA. Not far from State College or Williamsport. As long as the movers safely deliver my scoot on Friday I'll be ready to ride! Let me know if you're in the area.

I've got a P200, so no highways for me, 50mph and below!
2016 GTS 300 ABS - midnight blue
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm quote
PA
Doesn't https://scooterinthesticks.com/ live there?
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm quote
Re: PA
kspence66 wrote:
Not too far away, as I recall.

Larry: Well, you're a lot closer to me than before…now I have two Vespisti in PA I'll want to visit.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:41 am quote
As noted above, Steve Williams, Scooter in the Sticks, lives just down the road in Boalsburg.

He is now retired and looking to ride.

On his Vespa, he likes slow, countryside routes where he stops often to take beautiful photographs.

Your P200 might be a good fit.

He recently received an older BMW, but may ride that the same way he rides the Vespa.

Lostboater and I stopped in Boalsburg for lunch with Steve, followed by a short ride to a local overlook.

He is a fine fellow.

You two could become good friends.

Bill
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 am quote
I knew he was close by. I'll definitely look him up as soon as my world is not upside down.

To add to my issues, we rented a house while renovating the house we'll be buying next week. Except the rental is a huge dump... yuck. So gotta suck it up and talk to my wonderful father in law and ask to stay at his place with my five (yes, cinqo) dogs.
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
I knew he was close by. I'll definitely look him up as soon as my world is not upside down.

To add to my issues, we rented a house while renovating the house we'll be buying next week. Except the rental is a huge dump... yuck. So gotta suck it up and talk to my wonderful father in law and ask to stay at his place with my five (yes, cinqo) dogs.
Ah, I can certainly relate: Le Wife and me had to BnB the better part of the month while the house we bought was being being renovated/extended, and actually spent some time "camping" out in the house as work was being done. (No kitchen, minimal bathroom facilities…it's true, home ownership ain't for sissies.)
Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 1992 BMW K75
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 pm quote
Welcome to central Pennsylvania. Lock Haven is a launching point for some fantastic riding.

I was 16 miles from you this morning -- rode out to the Twilight Diner in Loganton for breakfast. Let me know when you have your scooter ready and we can make plans to go for a ride. And eat!
Molto Verboso
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:30 pm quote
WLeuthold wrote:
As noted above, Steve Williams, Scooter in the Sticks, lives just down the road in Boalsburg.

He is now retired and looking to ride.

On his Vespa, he likes slow, countryside routes where he stops often to take beautiful photographs.

Your P200 might be a good fit.

He recently received an older BMW, but may ride that the same way he rides the Vespa.

Lostboater and I stopped in Boalsburg for lunch with Steve, followed by a short ride to a local overlook.

He is a fine fellow.

You two could become good friends.

Bill
The BMW is at the dealer for service. I have this dream that it will cost what I might pay for a GT200 in excellent shape. I thought I would ride it the same way as the Vespa but turns out it's not a scooter. The ride experience is different.

Larrytsg will find riding in and around Lock Haven a different world than Boston.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:08 am quote
Great! Might be a few weeks until I get my feet under me, the dogs aren't happy with the changes, and I have to deal with them before I can disappear for a few hours.

Twilight diner? That's right off I80, right?
Molto Verboso
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
Great! Might be a few weeks until I get my feet under me, the dogs aren't happy with the changes, and I have to deal with them before I can disappear for a few hours.

Twilight diner? That's right off I80, right?
Dogs come first! My oldest turns 11 today. I'll walk him down to the local pub for a cheeseburger!

The Twilight Diner is just off the I80 exit at Loganton. Lots of lovely routes from Lock Haven to the diner that don't require any serious roads or traffic.

Send me a Private Message and I'll get you my contact info.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:33 am quote
And don't forget about the Scoop Shop on the Penn State Campus. Some of the best ice cream you will get. They have a Ice Cream making course. You may have heard of two of the Alumni from the course, "Ben and Jerry"
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:54 am quote
You mean the Creamery? It's a must stop to eat kind of place!
Hooked
2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:18 am quote
I lived in Phillipsburg for 3 years. Lots of great riding roads to explore.
Molto Verboso
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:34 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
And don't forget about the Scoop Shop on the Penn State Campus. Some of the best ice cream you will get. They have a Ice Cream making course. You may have heard of two of the Alumni from the course, "Ben and Jerry"
I worked in the College of Agricultural Sciences until I retired a couple years ago. My office was only a few hundred feet from the Creamery and all that ice cream. 44 years of ice cream adds up! After my heart attack it severely affected that intake. It gave the flavor "Death by Chocolate" new meaning.

Ben and Jerry took the correspondence course that the college offered. Now all the big industry types take the in-person Ice Cream Short Course. People from all over the world come for that intense experience.

If any of you get to the Creamery, do me a favor, ask for Jim the manager, and when you see him, tell him they really need to sell hot dogs at the Creamery. I hounded them for years to make Death by Chocolate. Once that was accomplished hot dogs were my next challenge. Retired before I accomplished it.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2407s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0332s) ][ Debug on ]