Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm quote
No current pics of it in America?
Hmmmmmmmm.....
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm quote
I could "take one for the team" and check it out..
but, then again, my next-door neighbor has this (not for sale, regrettably):

vbb01.jpg
Runs now, running better soon.

vbb02.jpg
Melody in foreground, VBB in background.

Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (Sold)
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:09 pm quote
Hmmm.

Wonder if that style of bars would fit an LXV
Addicted
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 pm quote
Re: I could "take one for the team" and check it o
amateriat wrote:
I think your bike is worth more than your neighbour's bike!
Addicted
Yamaha Tricity 155 my 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:58 pm quote
Sold in Latina for 6000
150 Struzzo 1954

Hooked
GTS 300ie Touring
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 am quote
Bella bella
Addicted
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 am quote
... when you want to buy one (even to order) let me know ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x2 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 pm quote
Faro Basso wannabe
amateriat wrote:

Melody in foreground, VBB in background.

Sadly your neighbor has a bodge, likely from Viet Nam. The VBB did not come with a fender mounted head light or handlebar style headset, but they are common enhancements done in Asia. His is a 'largeframe' and the handlebars and fender light appeared on older 'widebody' bikes with a distinctive notch in the frame for the engine cowl his doesn't have.

Here's what a real one looks like, it's a widebody.
Addicted
2010 Vespa 300 Super
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:11 pm quote
You dont need to be rich to buy that, maybe you need to prioritize how ya spend your dollars.
When so many of us can pay $3 for a cup of coffee it is a matter of if there is a desire and what would be a fair deal.
They want $9900, maybe they settle for $7500. Cheaper than buying a yacht for sure.
I think if you really want/must have it you would make it happen for yourself.
Though I think when one gets passionate like that then money isn't the reason they don't buy the item.
I was reminded of this wonderful song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrVPyLv5n5o
Ossessionato
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:19 am quote
As Voodoo already mentioned, your neighbor most certainly owns a bodge scoot. An expensive lawn ornament, if you will. As for the first posted scoot, that fact that it has been restored diminishes it's value by half over an original finish. Also, there has never been a VBM model, maybe a VNB? Either way, this is a fairly common scoot, built for the masses, and there are so many more rare models than that, most of which would demand that price and sometimes get it.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:40 am quote
I agree that it's not really "that" expensive. These sorts of things are relative and what you want to prioritize your spending on. Scootering is a pretty inexpensive passion when you look at how much classic car enthusiasts spend.
Addicted
2010 Vespa 300 Super
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:01 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
I agree that it's not really "that" expensive. These sorts of things are relative and what you want to prioritize your spending on. Scootering is a pretty inexpensive passion when you look at how much classic car enthusiasts spend.
Classic car folks lots of them have also prioritized how they spend their monies few are rich like a Jay Leno etc most are passionate.
I haven't met any Vespa enthusiasts here in NYC yet.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:13 am quote
baba12 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Classic car folks lots of them have also prioritized how they spend their monies few are rich like a Jay Leno etc most are passionate.
I haven't met any Vespa enthusiasts here in NYC yet.
Not surprised. There are a LOT more classic car folks than those of us that love classic scoots. At least over here in North America that is the case. Classic bikes though... I have a met a lot of classic bike enthusiasts over the years and have had some great conversations with them. The cost of for instance of upgrading a Harley Davidson or rebuilding a vintage HD is insane. The amount I spend upgrading my Vespa may seem like a lot but then I talk to a Harley guy and I realize that my passion for Vespa is way less expensive than theirs.

I have also learnt that the vast majority of the time they are great folks and love talking about their bikes. They also fully respect my love of Vespa and "get" it.
Hooked
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 am quote
If you ever in Ottawa, Ontario visit Pub Italia (http://www.pubitalia.ca/home.html) run by Joe Cotroneo. Joe has amazing collection of 'only' Italian cars and bikes. Just call ahead and ask if Joe will be able to take you for a tour. It is about 5 minutes ride from the pub to the garage but is worth it. I was at Pub Italia last June and after dinner (huge selection of beer and wine) Joe took us for the tour of his museum. BTW, it is free and if Joe is available you are for a very special evening.
On the second picture Joe is the person first from the left.

2019-08-17_0959.png

2019-08-17_0956.png

2019-08-17_0958.png

Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 1992 BMW K75
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:46 am quote
If I were rich...

Suppose it depends on how rich, but in my Powerball winning dreams, I see myself opening a Vespa dealership here in Boalsburg. A unique, "historic" building with an extensive offering of scooters, parts, accessories and service. Included would be a bakery that opens at 5am to supply fresh baked bread and rolls for the community, a cafe for riders and others who wander by, and several fully furnished rooms on site for scooter and motorcycle riders passing through central Pennsylvania.

If I were rich.

I haven't checked my Powerball ticket yet from last Wednesday...
Addicted
2010 Vespa 300 Super
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:04 am quote
Quote:
Suppose it depends on how rich, but in my Powerball winning dreams
Well keep them dream big, I like it, I may also quit my job if ya win and join you in making that dream come true, after all if ya win the powerball you can support one to help you...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:02 am quote
ryjan wrote:
If you ever in Ottawa, Ontario visit Pub Italia (http://www.pubitalia.ca/home.html) run by Joe Cotroneo. Joe has amazing collection of 'only' Italian cars and bikes. Just call ahead and ask if Joe will be able to take you for a tour. It is about 5 minutes ride from the pub to the garage but is worth it. I was at Pub Italia last June and after dinner (huge selection of beer and wine) Joe took us for the tour of his museum. BTW, it is free and if Joe is available you are for a very special evening.
On the second picture Joe is the person first from the left.
Thanks man, looks awesome! Maybe I will make a trip to Ottawa one day. The thing is I've been and once you've seen Ottawa... It's a pretty boring city. However visiting Joe makes it seem way more interesting! When I pick up my new bike in hopefully a few weeks I'm planning on taking off for a 2 or 3 day trip. Maybe Ottawa if I can find a fun curvy route up there.
Addicted
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 am quote
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
If I were rich...

Suppose it depends on how rich, but in my Powerball winning dreams, I see myself opening a Vespa dealership here in Boalsburg. A unique, "historic" building with an extensive offering of scooters, parts, accessories and service. Included would be a bakery that opens at 5am to supply fresh baked bread and rolls for the community, a cafe for riders and others who wander by, and several fully furnished rooms on site for scooter and motorcycle riders passing through central Pennsylvania.

If I were rich.

... I can make a good pizza, i can cook good sauces and i made the barman for a few years (cappuccino and espresso) ...
If needed i am available.
If i win at the Superenalotto (the last jackpot was over 200,000,000) i call you.
PS: cute Boalsburg, a little isolated ...
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:57 am quote
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
If I were rich...

Suppose it depends on how rich, but in my Powerball winning dreams, I see myself opening a Vespa dealership here in Boalsburg.
<snip>
Well check that fast, just checked and Boalsburg is only about a four hour ride from here!
Molto Verboso
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:45 am quote
kshansen wrote:
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
If I were rich...

Suppose it depends on how rich, but in my Powerball winning dreams, I see myself opening a Vespa dealership here in Boalsburg.
<snip>
Well check that fast, just checked and Boalsburg is only about a four hour ride from here!
Well heck, didn't match one number. At this rate that Vespa dealership will remain in the ether for a long, long time. And we really do need a good, bread bakery in town. One that's open early so you can get your daily bread.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:11 pm quote
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
Well heck, didn't match one number. At this rate that Vespa dealership will remain in the ether for a long, long time. And we really do need a good, bread bakery in town. One that's open early so you can get your daily bread.
Well don't give up there is always another LOTTERY!

One number you should include is 42!
Ossessionato
1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 pm quote
Budz wrote:
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/haworth-fully-restored-vespa-vbm/6954153530.html
Hold on to your wallets folks. Correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think Piaggio ever made a VBM model.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x2 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:44 pm quote
You don't need to be rich
Tierney wrote:
As for the first posted scoot, that fact that it has been restored diminishes it's value by half over an original finish. Also, there has never been a VBM model, maybe a VNB? Either way, this is a fairly common scoot, built for the masses, and there are so many more rare models than that, most of which would demand that price and sometimes get it.
It's a VBA from the speedo shape & being a 150. These are not too hard to find. I have one same year and same color on a solid straight frame but with a rebuilt VBB motor and the original motor stuck away in a box.

If that one was restored at a good shop in Italy as claimed, it will be worth far more than mine with its original finish. Sadly, mine lived in the desert and most of that original paint got worn down over the years and a little surface rust appeared. But it's the same shiny blue original where the paint was protected from the weather and I'd sell it for a small fraction of the Italian restored beauty.

vba.jpg
looks like they went to the effort of using the right color and the correct motor, going for a real restoration

desert queen.jpg
same blue under the center mat

Addicted
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:18 pm quote
But which 150? The one with the battery or the one without?
Because only one was metallic color, the other was pastel color...
Addicted
2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:05 am quote
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
If I were rich...

If I were rich.

Could you add in a few sleeping spaces so some of us from far away could stay very close by so we could spend more time enjoying all those treasures? I mean, if we are dreaming, dream big, really, really big!
Molto Verboso
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:36 am quote
maggiegirl wrote:
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
If I were rich...

If I were rich.

Could you add in a few sleeping spaces so some of us from far away could stay very close by so we could spend more time enjoying all those treasures? I mean, if we are dreaming, dream big, really, really big!
Absolutely. Need to give new meaning to a full service dealership.
Addicted
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:22 am quote
... even sandwiches with mortadella..? https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortadella_Bologna
Molto Verboso
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 am quote
Attila wrote:
... even sandwiches with mortadella..? https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortadella_Bologna
Sounds delicious. There used to be an Italian grocery store in town that used to make sandwiches like that along with fresh baked bread and a large selection of meats and cheeses. I miss that place.

In my dream dealership, I'll likely have to hire a master baker, a chef, and a few others.

Better buy another lottery ticket...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 am quote
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sounds delicious. There used to be an Italian grocery store in town that used to make sandwiches like that along with fresh baked bread and a large selection of meats and cheeses. I miss that place.

In my dream dealership, I'll likely have to hire a master baker, a chef, and a few others.

Better buy another lottery ticket...
I keep waiting for the magic word "barista."
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2930s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0422s) ][ Debug on ]