I have put 500 miles on "Loretta" a new to me 2009 MP3 500 fabled in these forums in the past. Recently I had a couple of stalls at speed, and difficult restarts: seemed electrical because turning ignition on and off a few times eventually led to restart. it always cranks over fine but without catching so a starter or voltage problem was unlikely. After quitting the fourth time it won't restart at all.
I am not near a dealer so would love any suggestions:
1. I replaced the battery though it turned over fine. No difference
2. I put some more gas in though it was half full
3. I pulled the fuel line off what I think is an injector (picture) and though it smelled of fuel nothing came out even when I was cranking the starter. I think that gas should have come out from reading the forum. I do not hear a fuel pump sound.
4. I checked both spark plug cables for spark when grounding to engine and there is no spark when I crank the engine.
5. I tried starting it with the alternate service key: no change
6. I checked all the fuses at battery compartment and right front access panel with ohm meter and they all were fine.
Immobilizer light seems to flash normally when key is off, and flashes once with two beeps then goes out when key is turned on. My recollection is that this is the same as when it was starting normally.
It is hard to believe I have both a fuel pump failure and a coil failure. I have not figured out if the immobilizer keeps the starter from cranking when it is activated, or if it just lets the engine crank without starting.
Any further troubleshooting suggestions are welcome!
location of fuel flow check