Are Chinese motorcycles any good?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12345678910
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:52 pm quote
Bill Dog wrote:
They were sold to the Russians through the Swedes would you believe.

Anyway I'll always do my best to argue with the facts and anything that I've gleaned from my own personal experience so I choose not to generalise and make stuff up to throw out there as truth when it's mostly conjecture.

Call me old fashioned.

Bill x
You are old style but I respect your opinions and also those of others, you are appreciated because you have the courage to express your ideas.
(Wow! Ten pages of topic!)
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm quote
Gone
But it's also because I don't make shit up to underpin my agenda.

Facts and experience. Not politics and conjecture.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:59 pm quote
Ask
So can we please steer this thread back to the original topic so we can avoid it getting locked ?

Thanks.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm quote
Re: Ask
Bill Dog wrote:
So can we please steer this thread back to the original topic so we can avoid it getting locked ?

Thanks.

Bill x
I agree also because everything and more has been said.
Philippians 2:3-4
Molto Verboso
Xmax 300
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm quote
Re: Ask
Attila wrote:
Ayr 4:Partick Thistle 1
eeee-bip
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:29 pm quote
True
Manchester United 1 Liverpool Lost.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:48 pm quote
London 0 Hull 4

I am guy from Camden Town
My hair is curly but I gel it down
My clothes are black but my bread is brown
I'm really into early Motown....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:22 pm quote
Do Everything Without Grumbling
Attila wrote:
They make motorcycles in the Philippines?

Are they any good?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:04 pm quote
Re: Do Everything Without Grumbling
znomit wrote:
Attila wrote:
They make motorcycles in the Philippines?

Are they any good?
Not sure but if you have to call tech support I hear they are awesome.
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:09 pm quote
Re: Up
Bill Dog wrote:
The Toyota Aygo is a brilliant car but it certainly is not a rebadged Citroen.

The Peugeot 107, Citroen C1 and and Aygo were all built in the same factory Kolin and the Czech Republic as a joint venture by all 3 manufacturers from 2005 to 2014 and it's bodywork differs quite a bit from the French cars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Aygo

Bill x
Yes, but as the article says, it's the same car, built at the same factory. It's only some minor styling and equipment that's different. Citroen provided most of the design specs and jointly developed it. It's a good car for what it is.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:05 am quote
Wasn't there a recall of the crankshafts on the Mini Coopers recently? That would cost a bunch.

Yamaha did a recall of the crank on the C3, a little four stroke 50. Guess where they sourced it. They gave credit for two hours, I think. At the store I managed there was one guy who was slow but meticulous, so they gave him every one of these all day suckers. I used to call him Eeyore, because he could come up with a laundry list of things that might go wrong. When I left to open my own shop, he came with me, and he's the one who built all my original Malossi engines. He finally retired from bikes a couple of years ago, so he could focus on his music career.
eeee-bip
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:25 am quote
Size
I knew a very methodical VW Tech who took a little longer than the rest of the guys in the workshop to repair and rebuild customers cars.

Not one of his cars came back after being returned to the customer but because his productivity was lower they sacked him.

Even though Mini are underpinned by BMW they are a loss maker in the UK but the real issue is the unreliability which is why they become so expensive after 3 years.

Until recently the engines have been joint ventures with Chrysler, Toyota and Peugeot.

Marketing is brilliant but reliability less so.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 am quote
Up
It's better than good it's brilliant which is reflected in it's better residuals when you compare it to the C1 and the 107 which are as cheap as chips these days.

If you think that the Aygo looks anything like the C1 you need to borrow my glasses.

It looks sharp and refined compared to the "board rubber" that's the C1 and the Peugeot looks even worse.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 am quote
Looks are subjective Bill. I hated the way it looked, but it was a good car. My wifes Toyota Aygo was nice. It was covered in PSA and in particular Citroen part numbers on it's labels under the bonnet though.
eeee-bip
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:19 am quote
Biff
Oh Totally. Which is why the Toyota is the better deal.

It still looks cutting edge where as the other two look incredibly dated which is why when they face lifted it recently they didn't tweek much.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:55 am quote
... typo of a topic on irrigation system, the values ​​refer to the pressure of a pumping system in the cultivation of a friend who lives in the Philippines...
Molto Verboso
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:03 am quote
Motovista wrote:
Wasn't there a recall of the crankshafts on the Mini Coopers recently? That would cost a bunch.

Yamaha did a recall of the crank on the C3, a little four stroke 50. Guess where they sourced it. They gave credit for two hours, I think. At the store I managed there was one guy who was slow but meticulous, so they gave him every one of these all day suckers. I used to call him Eeyore, because he could come up with a laundry list of things that might go wrong. When I left to open my own shop, he came with me, and he's the one who built all my original Malossi engines. He finally retired from bikes a couple of years ago, so he could focus on his music career.
... what a waste ... I'm sure there are few good mechanics and more musicians ...
eeee-bip
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 am quote
Request
Once again Alita is talking in riddles and haiku's.

I do admire your dedication to post in hackney'd English when it's not your first language and to post in Italian when it's not our first language.

Doesn't the effort that it takes to unwittingly create so much frustration between yourself and us make you question if it's worth it ?

I mean I admire anyone whose passionate about anything but the time that it must take for you to post and to take me to understand your narrative makes me question what's it all for ?

Bless you Alita for your ability to carry on regardless.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:42 am quote
Re: Request
Bill Dog wrote:

I do admire your dedication to post in hackney'd English when it's not your first language and to post in Italian when it's not our first language.

Doesn't the effort that it takes to unwittingly create so much frustration between yourself and us make you question if it's worth it ?

I mean I admire anyone whose passionate about anything but the time that it must take for you to post and to take me to understand your narrative makes me question what's it all for ?

Bill x
Yup, some things do of course got lost in the translation both linguistically and culturally. They say you truly know a language when you can think in that language. It's a matter of perspective and languages evolve around how people think and their culture. Though to my dying days I will never understand how every dessert can be a pudding....

I applaud the lengths you go to as there is no way in hell I would post on an Italian Vespa (or anything really) forum that involves me having to translate everything both ways.
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:45 am quote
https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2019/11/04/cfmoto-wows-with-all-new-700cl-x-motorcycle-launch-at-eicma/?oly_enc_id=8232A7803912E3S

But of course we won't see it in this country. Product liability laws, low sales potential or something.
eeee-bip
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:56 am quote
Deposit
Yeah, put me down for that one.

Double thumbs.

Bill x
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:53 pm quote
Re: Deposit
Bill Dog wrote:
Yeah, put me down for that one.

Double thumbs.

Bill x
That's WK Bikes to you Bill.
Molto Verboso
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 am quote
Re: Request
Harbinger wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
Yup, some things do of course got lost in the translation both linguistically and culturally. They say you truly know a language when you can think in that language. It's a matter of perspective and languages evolve around how people think and their culture. Though to my dying days I will never understand how every dessert can be a pudding....

I applaud the lengths you go to as there is no way in hell I would post on an Italian Vespa (or anything really) forum that involves me having to translate everything both ways.
I guarantee you that the grammatical complexity of the translation from English into Italian is greater than doing the opposite, trying to take into account the cultural difference at the level of expression; the limit is that English is too synthetic and the range of meanings is given by the context while for Italian the meanings are explicit expressed by words that cannot be translated into English.
Why am I in a forum in English even if it is difficult to express oneself? I hate to say it but Bill can't understand it, he doesn't care and doesn't want it and he is fine with me, he's right ... he can't understand the nuances but this is also a limit; striving to understand others beyond the language barrier is a huge inner growth. In my posts I also try to make people understand that the differences, if explained, can help to understand that for every product there is also the culture of those who built it.
The forums are also interesting for the cultural diversity they can express; sure, I don't know how to make myself understood well but I try.
So Bill, since he often criticizes my limited ability, did he satisfy my answer? Respectfully, Attilio and not Alita or Atila.
PS: We say that an Italian knows how to make himself understood all over the world and it is true, we are people who do not give up. The agricultural workers who work on my farm are all from India (Sikhs) and with them I also speak to myself in my hackney'd English
eeee-bip
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:02 am quote
Because
If I wasn't a very good cook I wouldn't go to all the shops in town to gather all the ingredients to make an average meal for my friends who were all chefs.

It wouldn't be worth it and I would be embarrassed at my attempts to impress them.

It's not that I don't care. It's that to me your text isn't linear enough for me to make sense of it.

As I say I admire your dedication but for me it's truly exhausting to try to understand what you're saying.

Sorry.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:57 am quote
Attilio, don't worry, most of us understand you just fine!
eeee-bip
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:54 am quote
Theme
The Benelli went out for a ride in the cold today with it's new link pipe and if you ignore the car alarms going off it works really well.

Now the over heavy baffle box has gone the engine can breathe easier and it does seem to be reving a bit easier higher up.

60 mph indicated with 2000 rpms to go out of a 125cc compact bike.

Not bad.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
lx 50
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:56 pm quote
Stromrider wrote:
Attilio, don't worry, most of us understand you just fine!
Exactamundo
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12345678910
[ Time: 0.2359s ][ Queries: 23 (0.1090s) ][ Debug on ]