S'Wing
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery
Hooked
2010 GTS 300(Sold) 2008 Silverwing "Train"/2006 GT200L "Lone Star"
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:42 am quote
S'Wing'in on my birthday today(ahem)...

Rode out to the Abilene State Park before it got hot (107F forecast for Sunday).

Nice park. With school started now, it's pretty empty. Lots of campsites, lodges, RV hookups, cabins, and yurts.

45 days without rain, though, and things are browning up.

The Silverwing replaced the GTS (for now). Stable, decent ride, lots of power, a bit cramped in the cockpit. Had the dealer do the 8k service and put ContiScoots on for the same price as Shinkos.

Time to add some states to the "scooted in" graphic.

IMG_2183.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 1992 BMW K75
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:51 am quote
107F. Ugh. I've ridden in that a few times. So even early it's hot on those days. And with the windscreen and fairing on the Silverwing you probably don't get a lot of wind blast to help keep things tolerable.

I've never ridden a Silverwing but have seen a few around. Are they in the same class of ride as the Suzuki Burgman and Yamaha Majesty? I've considered them as something to get to have more power and stability than the GTS but when push came to shove I bought a motorcycle as my second ride. The Vespa experience on the one hand which I love, and the motorcycle experience on the other which is completely different and I'm loving it as well.

What states are next on the agenda?
Hooked
2010 GTS 300(Sold) 2008 Silverwing "Train"/2006 GT200L "Lone Star"
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:42 pm quote
VESPAsfw3 wrote:
107F. Ugh. I've ridden in that a few times. So even early it's hot on those days. And with the windscreen and fairing on the Silverwing you probably don't get a lot of wind blast to help keep things tolerable.

I've never ridden a Silverwing but have seen a few around. Are they in the same class of ride as the Suzuki Burgman and Yamaha Majesty? I've considered them as something to get to have more power and stability than the GTS but when push came to shove I bought a motorcycle as my second ride. The Vespa experience on the one hand which I love, and the motorcycle experience on the other which is completely different and I'm loving it as well.

What states are next on the agenda?
I've owned a Burgman 650 and a Majesty 400. The Burgman was big and heavy; I dropped it a couple of times in low speed maneuvering. It was a great highway bike, though, and spacious under the seat. Great brakes. The Majesty is physically close to the Silverwing in size but is a 395cc single vs the Silverwing's 582cc twin. Power was never an issue, though. The Majesty cruises easily at 80mph. The Majesty is about 75lbs lighter than the S'Wing. Good storage on both, with front glove boxes and big underseat areas.

As far as my next destination, I need to finish the I-40 slice, then start working on I-70. So, I need to get to Arizona once the weather cools off a bit.

Take care.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery
[ Time: 0.7798s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0806s) ][ Debug on ]