OP
UTC

Banned
2007 LX50

Banned
2007 LX50
UTC quote
Finally installed all the Malossi parts I had collected over the past year for my LX50 4T 2V; the 78cc kit, the camshaft, changed the swingarm(nice improvement in handling - the original was worn out and scalloping the rear tire), got a Turbo Kit Gmax pipe, changed the belt & gear oil. Took the carb apart & dropped it in the ultrasonic bath. Along with the cylinder kit I upjetted from a 75 main to an 80. I have the mixture screw set approximately 1.75 turns out from fully seated. I'm getting what I'll call mumblepopping on deceleration, and a bit of stumbling/hesitation upon moving from a dead stop like from a traffic light. Does this sound as though I just need to adjust the mixture out a little more to richen, or must I upjet to an 82? Do I need a larger idle jet?
The Scooterwest video I was following called for an 80 main jet, but they did not change the exhaust nor did they mention any airbox changes. I've been running the Malossi dual filter for around a year and a half. Thanks for any tips.
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
UTC quote
Check you plug, read the color. But yes you are lean likely lean.
OP
UTC

Banned
2007 LX50

Banned
2007 LX50
UTC quote
Fixed the popping by blocking off the secondary air port on the cylinder head. Plug is a khaki color. Still hesitates from a stop. Going to pull the carb again and clean it, get my magnifying glass and examine the diaphragm. Gotta be a pinhole in it or something.
UTC

Hooked
2008 GTS 250

Hooked
2008 GTS 250
UTC quote
Not all carbs have it, but the accelerator pump can fix some hesitation. Another thing to try is adjusting the needle up. If there are no other clip positions, washers work
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0470s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0194s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]