Havenít been around here for a while and Iím glad that I recognize some familiar names. I need help on gear change issues on my PX200 Millennium. The gear change from when I bought the scooter has always been a little stiff, especially going down from 3-2-N.
1) Thinking it was the cables, I changed both the outers and inners. The outers were original as they had the metal clamp holding the two gear cables together. I used the old outers to pull in the new ones so the routing of the cables should be correct. To my dismay, the gear change issue is allot worse with the new cables. The scooter is now not ridable and extremely difficult to change gear.
2) I removed the selector box, moving the plunger by hand moves the cruciform nice and freely through all the gears
3) I thought perhaps the gear change lever was binding with the headset and added a spacer as shown by the pencil
4) In installing the spacer, I had to strip down the gear change handle-bar and did not see any issues.
5) I swapped out the selector box with one from another working engine and the problem is the same.
I am stumped on what to look at next. Please help.
Last edited by Vespigi on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total