In the last 2 weeks I read a lot on this forum about what could cause my scooter not to past the speed of 30km/h. Let me tell you how this started.
Being a Vespa enthuziast i found an LX for sale, the money was good and it was a rebuild project for me. When I went to buy it, all that I received was a chassis and 2 bags full of motor parts. That didn`t make me back up because as I said I needed something provocative to do. i started rebuilding the engine and after 2 weeks I succeed in making it start. Now a lot of issues happened on the way.
the first one was the spark sensor from the flywheel. It seems that the previous owner had some issues with the crankshaft bearing, which made the flywheel rotate bad and hit the spark sensor. After fixing this and a lot of other stuff I tried to make a ride test.
The scooter has a nice acceleration but after 30km/h it losses power. what I have done so far:
1. Changed the entire transmission assembly, variator and clutch.
2. Put a new red malossi filte, without oil . I will investigate if this filter needs oil. https://scuter-centre.ro/piese/1755-burete-filtru-aer-vespa-et-et4-malossi.html
3. Tried different adjustment to the carburetor.
4. Cleaned the carburetor nozzle 4 times.
5. I verified the vacuum membrane and also tested that it raises when air enters.
6. I've checked the fuel level.
What I didn`t do and i will try:
1. Change the spark plug
2. Oil the filter.
3. When the vacuum membrane it is fully pressed the main jet is not entirely blocked by the needle.
Any other ideas are welcomed.