San Diego to Bahia de Los Angeles-Baja, MEXICO 900 mile trip
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
BV 350
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:43 pm quote
I started out at 9am and arrived at 7pm. The ride is 10 hours. Once South of Ensenada, the 2 way highway was magical on the scoot. The only major delay was south of Santo Tomas where they are diverting traffic for construction. (one way only)

The sky was clear and sun in the face. Always liberating on the Peninsula. as many of you know, the twists and turns of the highway are a great challenge. throw in the wind and and semi trucks coming at you head = a rush like know other.

I did bring a gas can because from El Rosario to Bahia de Los Angeles gas does not exist.it is about 182 miles. I pushed the limit and ran out of gas at 175 miles. I hit the throttle, and with the wind and cargo weight, it pooped out.

Heading back to El Rosario, I did not run out of gas and that was with a head wind. But kept the speed at 50 and BOOOOOOOOOOOOM, better gas mileage. Heading back was really windy and reaching the pacific side, the temps really dropped.

The main reason for going by the BV350, was so I could not bring any dogs back from Baja. 3 of our 4 are Baja mutts from the highways. The first question asked: did you see any dogs on the highway?

Thing I forgot, tire patch/plug kit. that would have been a bummer.

9FB26BC3-02D2-4851-BFA7-D2D7F80E888B.jpeg
a view into the old highway.

mapofroute.png
map of route. as you can see, Highway 3 is an option but road still not complete

mebuff.jpg
apologies for the selfie, but wore Buff for the sun which is a must. for neck and face

scooterytent.jpg
under the Palapa facing the beach

scorpian.jpg
house guest

viewfromtent.jpg
sunrise from tent looking over Sea of Cortez

mutters.jpg
3 of these 4 ding dongs are literally from side of the highway from different parts of Baja. Wife not allowed there anymore because she scoop up another.

Last edited by salchipapa619 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total
Enthusiast
Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:01 am quote
10hours? How many miles is that trip? Is the BV350 comfortable enough to do that without any pains afterwards?
BV 350
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:29 pm quote
about 430 miles from Chula Vista ( just south of DT San Diego). at about hour 5 mid back and shoulders hurt. powered through it. coming back, I split up the ride. was amazing ride. anything to swim with Whale Sharks.

BV.jpg

whaleshark3.JPG

Whalesharlmouth.JPG

Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1494s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0399s) ][ Debug on ]