WASP Museum
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery
Hooked
2010 GTS 300(Sold) 2008 Silverwing "Train"/2006 GT200L "Lone Star"
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:41 pm quote
Took Train to the WASP museum. Small, but interesting. Picked up a couple of stickers to hide scrapes on Lone Star. Had brisket and ribs on the way home.

Will revisit in May, when they have the reunion with the survivors. Hopefully, Lone Star will be up and running by then.

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg

Hooked
2016 GTV 300 ABS
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:41 pm quote
Very cool!

I flew the old straight-tail Cessna I used to own into Avenger about 8 years ago and toured the museum (and bought a spiffy T-shirt!). The WASPs and their contribution to the U.S. war effort is a fascinating story. Surely there aren't many survivors remaining. I need to go back and re-visit.

We lived in Sweetwater from 1965-1971, when I was a child. I remember when Avenger was still a USAF base. It closed circa 1968-69.
Hooked
2010 GTS 300(Sold) 2008 Silverwing "Train"/2006 GT200L "Lone Star"
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:32 pm quote
ETres wrote:
Very cool!

I flew the old straight-tail Cessna I used to own into Avenger about 8 years ago and toured the museum (and bought a spiffy T-shirt!). The WASPs and their contribution to the U.S. war effort is a fascinating story. Surely there aren't many survivors remaining. I need to go back and re-visit.

We lived in Sweetwater from 1965-1971, when I was a child. I remember when Avenger was still a USAF base. It closed circa 1968-69.
Ah, Andrews! I grew up in Abilene in the 60s-70s. I remember competing against Andrews in the math/slide rule/academic areas under the UIL regime. Andrews High School had a lot of oil money back in those days, and I remember how impressive and futuristic their campus was for a 3-A school.
Hooked
2016 GTV 300 ABS
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:24 pm quote
25BIKEZ wrote:
ETres wrote:
Very cool!

Ah, Andrews! I grew up in Abilene in the 60s-70s. I remember competing against Andrews in the math/slide rule/academic areas under the UIL regime. Andrews High School had a lot of oil money back in those days, and I remember how impressive and futuristic their campus was for a 3-A school.
Those were the "glory days" of Andrews High School, and the advanced campus was a national story. Yes, lots of oil money (no Robin Hood tax scheme) and plenty of smart kids in school who were the sons and daughters of oil company engineers. Alas, the oil companies eventually consolidated their offices in Houston and Dallas (such families moved out), and Robin Hood took the tax money away. It's still a nice town with lots of smart, great people. It's managed to thrive whereas a lot of other area small towns have really suffered.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery
[ Time: 0.1462s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0305s) ][ Debug on ]