1965 Vespa SS180, Denver, CO

$5,000

I posted this a couple of years ago, but after one day deleted the posting. Couldn’t let her go. But now, it’s time to say goodbye. Would love to find Betty White a good home. I put a lot of work into her, and she drives great.

Clean title. Originally imported from Austria by a friend, who later sold it to me. The paint is original and left un-changed. It has minor dents, scuffs, etc…, and the exterior has not been restored by choice. I want an old scooter to look old (but run like new). It is all minor and cosmetic, but with a little dent work, and a paint job, could look new if that’s what you are into.

Pretty much turns right over on the first few kicks after (or a running bump-start if it hasn't been started in a long time), and after a full tune from Jet 200 Performance (honing the cylinder and a new cylinder head/rings, as well as a carb clean-out), purrs like a kitten.

The clutch has been rebuilt so the shifts are as smooth as butter.

New crank shaft, kick-start gear and seals.

The only minor running issue is after it warms up (20-30 minutes or so of running perfectly), and then turned off to sort of cool-down, it has a tendency to not want to idle when started again. According to Jet 200, it is a fairly common issue and shouldn't be hard to pinpoint, but I just don't have the time to take care of it right now and don't live near J. Could be the gas line needs a little insulation wrapped around it, a new HT Coil (~$20 probably), or simply a bit more fine-tuning in the carb. That said, it's a 50+ year old bike, so it could be more involved. One of the joys of riding vintage. Everything else on the scooter is in great shape. I’ll leave that last repair up to the buyer. The engine, etc… is running great, so all major systems are awesome.

It’s a 52 y/o bike, so you should expect issues like this pop-up from time-to-time, but it is a rare model and has a ton of work poured into it, so you will love this scooter, and all major upgrades have been made.

Work that has been done on it in the last 5-7 years:

• New wheels (only a few hundred miles on them)
• New struts
• Electronics upgrade
- Upgraded to 12v (brighter lights, easier start, better idle)
- Electronic ignition
• Full bottom-end restoration (2015)
- New crank shaft
- New kickstart gear
- New seals
- Rebuilt clutch with new cork plates
- New cylinder head (cylinders bored and fitted by Jet 200)
- Full tune by Jet 200 in early 2017

A couple videos I took of the scooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kVZ_hQ1EgU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BCdxQgA0JE

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 1.48.01 PM.jpg

Picture 002.jpg