OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3 400 LT

Lurker
MP3 400 LT
UTC quote
Hi
Does anyone know the dimensions of this tool (020646Y)? It's very expensive. Maybe it could be possible to make it yourself.
@hillbilly_fred avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "

Hooked
@hillbilly_fred avatar
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
UTC quote
Re: Piaggio locking and positioning tool 020646Y
rafbog wrote:
Hi
Does anyone know the dimensions of this tool (020646Y)? It's very expensive. Maybe it could be possible to make it yourself.
Can you post a Pic ?
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150
UTC quote
That looks like the alignment tool. You can do the same thing with a tape measure. Find some that knows how to do a front end alignment on a car with a tape measure and they can help you.
OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3 400 LT

Lurker
MP3 400 LT
UTC quote
Re: Piaggio locking and positioning tool 020646Y
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
rafbog wrote:
Hi
Can you post a Pic ?
This is pic
020646Y
020646Y
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by rafbog on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3 400 LT

Lurker
MP3 400 LT
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
That looks like the alignment tool. You can do the same thing with a tape measure. Find some that knows how to do a front end alignment on a car with a tape measure and they can help you.
Maybe you're right, but I want to lock the parallelogram and be sure the front suspension is upright and the steering (handlebar) is centered (straight riding position).
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Piaggio's retail price for that tool is EUR113.05, or about $125 at current exchange rates, and every now and then Piaggio has sales on special tools. I think you could probably find a used one for less in a country where they sell a lot of MP3s. Do they ever show up on ebay France?
And how much interest would there be in owning one here in the US? If there is interest, I might order some, but I don't want to order five and spend the next ten years looking at four of them.
@roadster avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Kymco AK550

Molto Verboso
@roadster avatar
Kymco AK550
UTC quote
I don't think having this tool is all you would need to correctly set up the alignment, there is an additional jig to actually do the measuring. I suspect the overall costs would be prohibitive and in any case probably wouldn't achieve much more than a common sense approach to getting the toe-in at around or slightly greater than zero. The mp3 has peculiar handling characteristics even when new and with perfect tyres, and although its fine at lower speeds once over 70 mph I was never brave enough to test it at extreme angles again after my first bad experience ( essentially chronic understeer) .
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0610s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0325s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]