OP
UTC

Lurker
FLY 150

Lurker
FLY 150
UTC quote
New to forum
Trying to figure out why my2010 fly 150, which starts fine, idles fine but as im going down the road will decide to cut out. In the beginning it would restart after a few minutes, the last time it didn't want to restart, so I tore it apart, checking air filter, and put it back together and it started so I turned around and headed home, died in my cul-da-sac. approx. 1/2 mile from home. I have drained the tank and the filter inside tank is fine. 3000 mile
any thoughts?
looks like there may be an in line filter, next in fuel system?
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Ever checked the valve clearances?
OP
UTC

Lurker
FLY 150

Lurker
FLY 150
UTC quote
Hadn't considered internal issues since it runs fine, when running . but I can look into measuring that.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
And off they send you down the usual rabbit holes.
The odds are that you have a problem with either a spark plug cap that is falling off, the clip in the cap is broken and it's not staying on the plug, the top of your spark plug is broken, or there is a crack in a vacuum line.
Before you check the laundry list of things it can't be, or it wouldn't run, go through the ones that are known to give piaggio scooters problems.
Make sure there is a pin hole in the gas cap. If there's not one, put it there.
If you just changed the spark plug, that could also be suspect. Also, check the intake manifold to make sure it hasn't cracked.
Niether Seafoam nor an oil change is going to fix this, so save that, and replacing the air filter, until you get it running again. ,
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0480s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0235s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]