Cosa owners- glovebox question
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Hooked
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:35 am quote
I have a Cosa 1 project import which I'm steadily getting together. I have got it going; learnt to ride shifty; obtained an MOT (UK road-worthiness pass) and the paperwork for registration has been sent off.

I have been steadily replacing borked bits and trying to source and fit missing parts. I haven't been able to find a UK published Haynes type manual (the PX manual is good for mechanicals so I do have that).

I'm hoping someone on the forum can give me some advice on removing the glovebox before I get 'over-enthusiastic' and break something. So far I can only find one screw, a large cross head screw revealed in the centre once you open the glovebox door. there have to be others I'm not finding so far...

Anyone want to stop me playing hide and seek?

Vespa Cosa 200 1994
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:42 am quote
Hi I am newbie with Cosa too. (also with Vespa)

Did you figure it out already?
Guys were discussing it here: renewing Vespa Cosa 125clx
I am struggling to get some literature too, learn some french and use this: http://www.vespa-des-savoie.com/restauration/PX_COSA/revue_technique_vespa_PX_COSA.pdf

Cheers!
Hooked
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:44 am quote
merci
Thanks for the reply Bokeh, and the link.
Haven't revisited the job yet, as I'm waiting for a seat to be recovered, and was holding on for wise words from MV regarding the glove box. I don't want to rush and break anything...
The link looks promising, and chance to practice my French.
I will let you know how i get on.
Thanks again!
Hooked
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm quote
Ok, to answer my own question, and promptly ask another...

Looking on eBay at gloveboxes for inspiration, it looks like there are three screw holes on each side edge plus a couple along the top edge.

These look to be hidden by the edging trim. My further question is to ask if there are any tips for taking the edge trim off. I'm concerned it will break into many pieces if I do it wrong, and spares look expensive...
Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:55 pm quote
If you know any german, Cosas are popular in Germany, and you'll likely find Cosa-competent people on the GSF. Worth a try...
Hooked
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 am quote
removed!
The beading trim needed to be removed, and then there were eight (I think) 7mm nuts to removed. Beading removal was the trickiest bit, especially with the plastic being so old and brittle. I used a cut-up credit card and some silicone spray by way of lubricant.

You can see a couple of the attachment points in the pic.

IMAG0435[11642].jpg
Cosa glovebox removed

Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1463s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0404s) ][ Debug on ]