OP
@roliver1972 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@roliver1972 avatar
UTC quote
Attempting to make a custom seat ...fender and other parts at same time. Going with fiberglass and skimming blue kevlar when done. Curious if anyone else has attempted this.
OP
@roliver1972 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@roliver1972 avatar
UTC quote
Update
So part of what I like to do is push myself to try and do something new. I am learning as I go. Anyhow after a head full of research....and videos I'm off to a start on this. Made one of my plugs for a seat mold. After this step I taped it onto the bike to ensure perfect contour with the frame. I have applied a wax to it and now I'm going to make a hard plaster mold which I fill and pour. My intent when done will be to carbon kevlar skin the top. I will attempt to try and explain why I did things each way as I go.

Also custom fender and horn cast next.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

parallelogramerist

parallelogramerist
UTC quote
About 10 years ago one of the guys from PDX made some carbon fiber (or maybe just fiberglass?) bits for their smallframe. He had a front fender and a battery side cowl door on his Smallframe track bike. I think it was '77 50 Special? Maybe the seat base was fiber as well? Anyhow, his Smallframe was fast as fast could be. His was geared lower for the smaller tracks, but still had an incredible top speed. Somewhere around 97 to 100mph on the GPS.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0443s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0167s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]