Chinese Web Seller WOW prices!
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:10 pm quote
I googled an item and the image list top of page shows the item(made in China and widely sold here by USA sellers) at $14.95 plus $4.95 USPS yet sellers in China, called www.Koroutlet.com
Norton, our security folks comes onto the screen with a window I've never seen before, saying they are a recent website of only a few days and as they ask for your personal information your taking a risk.
It does sound like a " too good to be true".

The item, Timber Tuff TMW-02, log skidding tongs, typically sells for ~ $45 on Amazon, free shipping.
Any web geeks out there who know more than web stupid me?
Enthusiast
2009 MP3 400
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:19 pm quote
The link to koro outlet is a webpage for clothing and shoes. Nothing like log skidding tongs. I would have say whatever link you followed is bogus.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Hooked
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:27 pm quote
I thought this was going to be another one of those Chinese scooters thread.
Hooked
P200e
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:03 pm quote
Max6201 wrote:
I thought this was going to be another one of those Chinese scooters thread.
Well, that would have been appropriate for a scooter site
Molto Verboso
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:35 am quote
pmatulew wrote:
The link to koro outlet is a webpage for clothing and shoes. Nothing like log skidding tongs. I would have say whatever link you followed is bogus.

It has the log tongs like I said...
Off topic seems to be common here, moan as you wish.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:47 am quote
Kantuckid wrote:
pmatulew wrote:

It has the log tongs like I said...
Off topic seems to be common here, moan as you wish.
I can't find anything remotely like that on that site.
Direct link to product?
Molto Verboso
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:02 am quote
Like I said above, Google had the product pictured and the link in their response to the nomenclature I already gave. Typical list of various sellers of the product, all who probably paid Google for the ad. That product came up on that website at the price stated on google.
In my experience of doing product searches via Google mostly you see common retail/web seller names such as Walmart, etc., never have been thrown a ringer like this one.
I obviously cannot speak for the seller or your inability to get it to come up as I said it did for me using a Google search. The "link" is Google using information I already provided or the website link.
As for off-scoot accusations, (that's a real joke on MV where everything gets space) my thinking was that just maybe it comes up as a seller for many other products and just maybe that might be you too.
Seems others do use Google?
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 am quote
Do not give them any personal info especially CC number for an item. At best, your CC will be hit up for the item amount, and at worst, they’ll hit it again for a larger amount. You’ll never receive any items.

Sorry to say, these new websites are scams. Deal with trusted sellers with good feedback on established sites.

One time I ordered something at a good price and after ordering I got suspicious and googled them. Scam reports came up. I had to call my bank and when I told them the seller, they Put me on a very brief hold and then came back saying they're cancelling my card and sending a new one and reversing the item amount back to my account. It must have been a known scam to them. I didn’t need to explain anything more, just gave them the seller site and they did the rest.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 pm quote
$14.95? That's the best deal ever. I did find someone charging 50 cents more, and even though I got what I ordered, I stay up nights thinking about how I would have spent that 50 cents.
I paid with a credit card, and despite my paranoia, nothing happened, should I cancel the card, move, and try to get AARP involved?

Last edited by Motovista on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:46 pm quote
I think I'll get three. I've never heard of these things and I'm not exactly sure what they're for (something to do with the toilet I think) but the handy three pack means I can have one at home, one in the pet carrier, and leave one in my will for my children to fight over.

SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY.png

Molto Verboso
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 am quote
I should have known?
Molto Verboso
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 am quote
znomit wrote:
I think I'll get three. I've never heard of these things and I'm not exactly sure what they're for (something to do with the toilet I think) but the handy three pack means I can have one at home, one in the pet carrier, and leave one in my will for my children to fight over.
Ha....Ha...Ha
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:14 am quote
There are so many ways to safely pay with a credit card online that I am surprised people still worry about everything bad that can possibly happen.
Molto Verboso
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 am quote
Given the seller in this situ was in China i wondered if the transaction would have been covered by my CC's issuer? Places like ebay cover the transactions lately to create a safer buyer climate.
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:33 am quote
Not all CC companies and banks will help you out to the same extent. Yes if your info got stolen somewhere, but some won’t help you as much if you actually placed the order. That’s the first question they’ll ask- Did you place the order?

So what happens if you place an order with a brand new website and nothing arrives? How many unanswered emails do you put up with, and how long do you wait to contact the bank or CC company?
You may be told you need to settle it with the seller if too much time has elapsed.
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:55 am quote
there are a few reputable Chinese websites for these purposes, aliexpress is probably the easiest to use for English readers. I've gotten more than 50% of the items I've purchased from there, but taobao is usually cheaper. g'luck w/ your fashion finds, 11/11 is coming up so many of China's ecommerce sites will be putting out big, big sales, like a lith-ion trickle charger for $11 !!!
Molto Verboso
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:06 am quote
Fashion Finds? HA!!!- if you were to see my closet you'd have a great laugh! I have a stack of T-shirts on a shelf-the grungy ones for my typical work day most all are free stuff from 5K & 10K races, the "good T's" & some golf shirts hang on hangers below. Pn the rt shelf is jeans & nylon long leg pants.
On a lower shelf is shorts on one side, left side is a stack of bibs.
The only fashion remnant is a tie rack on one side, suits, fancy shoes are all in plastic in a storage closet and gotten out when a death or marriage, etc..
I've had mixed results from Chinese ebay sellers, ranging from they sent the wrong item & wear you out to get things straight to finally giving up and doing an ebay refund.
I'm amazed at some of the smaller stuff they can mail here for a song.
Molto Verboso
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:02 am quote
FWIW:
Today I google searched a specialized drill bit, made in Japan and distributed in the USA. It came up on the main Google page under a Chinese source with the mirror image of the first place I posted but a different name/website.
The price point was less than half what I ended up paying for the bit on Zoro Tools , a well know web seller, discounter of name brand tools and industrial products. The Zoro price was 1/3 less than the Amazon price shipping included.
I find it troubling that google cannot sort out these sellers who appear in their results from the other reputable sellers.
Hooked
2005 et4
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:36 pm quote
Quote:
I find it troubling that google cannot sort out these sellers who appear in their results from the other reputable sellers.
Google gets paid whether you get ripped off or not, so they don't care.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 pm quote
If they could learn to spell Paris and Rome, Chinese fashion designers on Aliexpress would probably sell ten times more knockoffs. How do you misspell Rome? That takes real work.
Molto Verboso
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:51 am quote
duane1 wrote:
Quote:
FWIW, in the last couple of weeks these somewhat fictitious sellers have been showing up in other searches as tagalongs along with well known sources for merchandise.
Again, I don't buy fashions.
Molto Verboso
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:55 am quote
duane1 wrote:
Quote:
FWIW, in the last couple of weeks these somewhat fictitious sellers have been showing up in other searches as tagalongs along with well known sources for merchandise.
Again, I don't buy fashions. As for Rome fashions, I read an article some time ago as to the Italians who brought Chinese to Italy to mfg. high end purses, etc., under big fashion house names then the culture was not real keen on them being there nor the reality that the Chinese began making the stuff under there own setups and cashing in.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1755s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0467s) ][ Debug on ]