NSR 63 UP
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:38 am quote
The latest film in the Michael Apstead series that started in 1964, called 7 UP, was released. They release a film every seven years. In 1964, Apstead interviewed 7 year old kids from all walks of life, classes, etc, in the UK. And he's been doing it every seven years since. Now they are all 63. I watch them, and I go back to those particular periods in my life, or what I remember of it. It's good to see that no matter how bad it gets one year, seven years later, things are usually better. There's a member of Parliament who was homeless in the previous episode. Time does heal.
Another project that I really enjoy studying is the Dunnedin project in NZ. It has a similar concept, except that they interview every single child born in Dunnedin NZ in 1972, every year. This has given researchers very real data because they can look backwards. Instead of trying to guess how a kid is going to turn out who performed a certain way on tests, they can look at that 40 year old fuckup or entrepreneur and see what he/she was really like as a kid, and if there are traits and character issues that all the adults who are a certain way now had as kids. And they get to see what people are really like, not what they pretending to be like.
If you struggle with understanding, or are just fascinated by, the human condition, these are great programs.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:55 am quote
The Dunedin study is indeed quite a success. The kids are 45 years old now and still getting 94% participation rates.

I do wonder how much influence Heisenberg has over them though.
Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:32 am quote
I have seen several episodes of the 7 up film, and being a year older than theses kids, it has been like going along with them on the ride.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1368s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0265s) ][ Debug on ]