Ref to mp3 to mp3 LT conversion
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Author Message
Member
Piaggio mp3- mp3/LT
Joined: 07 Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Tw16 7dn
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:26 am quote
I hope someone can help ..... I've had my left leg amputated so now disabled ... But only got provisional license .... And apparently I also have grandpa rights ?? So is there a conversion kit to make a normal mp3 into a mp3 LT ?? and do you know where to find the kits and price please .... Thank you
Member
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Belgium
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am quote
I highly doubt it.

Even if you managed to physically turn a RT it into a LT with the corresponding wider front track, then you would still have to have it homologated and have it certified to obtain a Certificate of Compliance.

Without doing so, in the eyes of the law and the insurance company it is not a LT and thus requires a full motorcycle license. This in contrast to a "genuine" or factory supplied LT which can be ridden with a car license.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 pm quote
Re: Ref to mp3 to mp3 LT conversion
Royman69 wrote:
I hope someone can help ..... I've had my left leg amputated so now disabled ... But only got provisional license .... And apparently I also have grandpa rights ?? So is there a conversion kit to make a normal mp3 into a mp3 LT ?? and do you know where to find the kits and price please .... Thank you
Bk or Ak.?
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:39 pm quote
Theres 2 pair of wheel spacers on ebay 1pr in germany 60 odd and 1pr in the uk for 45 delivered.But don't know why you want to convert from m/c to car it makes no difference to how you can ride it unless it's your driving licence and not wanting to take a m/c test, there are certain exeptions for disabled .
Member
Piaggio mp3- mp3/LT
Joined: 07 Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Tw16 7dn
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:17 pm quote
Hi ... Thanks for the info ..... I've never driven a car before so I thought I would get an mp3 / mp3 LT
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:54 pm quote
Royman69 wrote:
Hi ... Thanks for the info ..... I've never driven a car before so I thought I would get an mp3 / mp3 LT
So have you a m/c /scoot ? are you below (bk) or above knee (ak).Don't think that a mp3 will help you that much. How active are you ? are you a physicaly fit person ?The mp3 is very top heavy and may not be the wonder thing your after. Only asking all questions as i know all about this issue.
Member
Piaggio mp3- mp3/LT
Joined: 07 Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Tw16 7dn
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:53 pm quote
Above knee .... Yeah I've heard that they are a bit heavy .... not much else out there really unless I can get a sidewheel attachment for something .... But only seen them in India .... I've messaged a few people but ain't got a proper reply ??
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:54 am quote
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7494
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 am quote
You can add a TOW PAC to most larger scooters. This will give you 4 wheels.
http://towpacusa.com/product/tri-pack/
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 3257
Location: Staffordshire UK
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:39 am quote
Royman69 wrote:
Hi ... Thanks for the info ..... I've never driven a car before so I thought I would get an mp3 / mp3 LT
if you've never driven a car, can I assume you haven't got a car drivers licence?

if you don't have a car drivers licence, you can't ride an LT?

and there is no kit so far as i'm aware? before the LT's came out, some scooter shops fitted spacers, altered handbrake and got them type approved as 3-wheelers (car licence) by DVLC. My mate bought one from JC Motorcycles in Birmingham. But i have never heard of someone fitting a kit as such
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
You can add a TOW PAC to most larger scooters. This will give you 4 wheels.
http://towpacusa.com/product/tri-pack/
Thats interesting would'ent mind trying one of those .But i very much dought you would be able to get one registered in the UK.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:54 am quote
fleece wrote:
Royman69 wrote:
Hi ... Thanks for the info ..... I've never driven a car before so I thought I would get an mp3 / mp3 LT
if you've never driven a car, can I assume you haven't got a car drivers licence?

if you don't have a car drivers licence, you can't ride an LT?

and there is no kit so far as i'm aware? before the LT's came out, some scooter shops fitted spacers, altered handbrake and got them type approved as 3-wheelers (car licence) by DVLC. My mate bought one from JC Motorcycles in Birmingham. But i have never heard of someone fitting a kit as such
Any idea why the handbrake had to be altered? Only thing i can think of is if it needs a additional lock like a car handbrake.
Member
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Belgium
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:42 pm quote
To the OP. Admittely I am no expert on your country's laws but me thinks if all you have is a provisional license then your scope of choice is very slim to none.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 pm quote
sbaert wrote:
To the OP. Admittely I am no expert on your country's laws but me thinks if all you have is a provisional license then your scope of choice is very slim to none.
Theres nothing stopping the OP from rideing a 2 wheeler or a mp3 within the restrictions of his provisional licence even with one leg. He cannot be discriminated because of his disability.
Member
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Belgium
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:19 pm quote
This is not about discrimination. I simply meant to say that the license restrictions will likely limit his choices to very few machines.

One thing worth mentioning re. MP3 is that while they have been produced with all types of engines from 125cc on up, the only ones worth considering are the 350cc and larger with the sweet spot being the 400 if you are looking at the second hand market.

The only ones currently in production are the 300, 350 and 500 with the 300 taking the place of the now defunct Yourban model.

And if you plan to do any type of motorway riding, then the sole sensible choice (in the MP3 world) is the 500cc version.

One more thing, the MP3 at one point were also offered as a hybrid in both 125cc and 300cc variants IIRC. Avoid these outright, as the battery replacement cost which they all need by now makes it not economically viable.
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 4052
Location: Netherlands Olst
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:37 am quote
he wont be able to drive it with his licence!! A provisional is a learning car licence B, so he got it after 2013, then EU law was changed

He needs a motorclass licence now for a LT also, every body who did have his B class before 19/01/2013 is aloud to drive a LT with it ,everybody who did past there test after needs a A2 35kw (motorclass)
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 249
Location: West Germany
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:08 pm quote
3legsofman wrote:
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Im afraid 3legsofman is right Royman69. Maybe you should look into buying a Trike like a "Can Am". I hear they can be a lot of fun to drive too and Im sure you could find a good used one and you never have to push em around and they have a reverse gear also. Just a suggestion .
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 249
Location: West Germany
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:23 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
You can add a TOW PAC to most larger scooters. This will give you 4 wheels.
http://towpacusa.com/product/tri-pack/
Trainingwheels for a Roller!!
Cool !!
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 249
Location: West Germany
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:27 pm quote
sbaert wrote:
To the OP. Admittely I am no expert on your country's laws but me thinks if all you have is a provisional license then your scope of choice is very slim to none.
What is his country of origin? All I see is Tw16 7dn. What`s that? Please help a tired old man out here !
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:34 pm quote
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Im afraid 3legsofman is right Royman69. Maybe you should look into buying a Trike like a "Can Am". I hear they can be a lot of fun to drive too and Im sure you could find a good used one and you never have to push em around and they have a reverse gear also. Just a suggestion .
The problem with a Can am is there price in the UK and having ridden one all be it just a test ride my thoughts are WHY did they not make it so it banked, to me it was a major mistake not making it so if it had i think dispite the fact i still would have had to do modifications so i could ride it in comfort i probably would have bought one.. Theres plenty of trikes for sale on the net from low s that ok with less sophistication do the same thing if the OP wanted to go that way but his lack of a full licence is a problem.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:36 pm quote
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
sbaert wrote:
To the OP. Admittely I am no expert on your country's laws but me thinks if all you have is a provisional license then your scope of choice is very slim to none.
What is his country of origin? All I see is Tw16 7dn. What`s that? Please help a tired old man out here !
Great Britain. London area i think from the post code.
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 249
Location: West Germany
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:10 pm quote
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
sbaert wrote:
To the OP. Admittely I am no expert on your country's laws but me thinks if all you have is a provisional license then your scope of choice is very slim to none.
What is his country of origin? All I see is Tw16 7dn. What`s that? Please help a tired old man out here !
Great Britain. London area i think from the post code.
Why can`t you guys have post codes (For example 70806 ) like everybody else. Yall always have to be different, don`t ya ?
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 249
Location: West Germany
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:13 pm quote
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Im afraid 3legsofman is right Royman69. Maybe you should look into buying a Trike like a "Can Am". I hear they can be a lot of fun to drive too and Im sure you could find a good used one and you never have to push em around and they have a reverse gear also. Just a suggestion .
The problem with a Can am is there price in the UK and having ridden one all be it just a test ride my thoughts are WHY did they not make it so it banked, to me it was a major mistake not making it so if it had i think dispite the fact i still would have had to do modifications so i could ride it in comfort i probably would have bought one.. Theres plenty of trikes for sale on the net from low s that ok with less sophistication do the same thing if the OP wanted to go that way but his lack of a full licence is a problem.
I see your point,but I still wouldn`t mind having one myself .
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:28 pm quote
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
sbaert wrote:
To the OP. Admittely I am no expert on your country's laws but me thinks if all you have is a provisional license then your scope of choice is very slim to none.
What is his country of origin? All I see is Tw16 7dn. What`s that? Please help a tired old man out here !
Great Britain. London area i think from the post code.
Why can`t you guys have post codes (For example 70806 ) like everybody else. Yall always have to be different, don`t ya ?
Because we are British .
And the first 1 or 2 letteres give a idea of where about in Britain the code is EG B = Birmingham ,M = Manchester, G= Glasgow, Bt = Belfast ,BB = Blackburn ,TW = Twickenham. Do numbers 70806 tell you anything?
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm quote
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Im afraid 3legsofman is right Royman69. Maybe you should look into buying a Trike like a "Can Am". I hear they can be a lot of fun to drive too and Im sure you could find a good used one and you never have to push em around and they have a reverse gear also. Just a suggestion .
The problem with a Can am is there price in the UK and having ridden one all be it just a test ride my thoughts are WHY did they not make it so it banked, to me it was a major mistake not making it so if it had i think dispite the fact i still would have had to do modifications so i could ride it in comfort i probably would have bought one.. Theres plenty of trikes for sale on the net from low s that ok with less sophistication do the same thing if the OP wanted to go that way but his lack of a full licence is a problem.
I see your point,but I still wouldn`t mind having one myself .
Hey it was a nice thing to ride it was just a pity that my disability prevented getting the best out of it and the weather didnot help i think it was early january when i had my ride.
Hooked
2019 MP3 hpe 500 sport Advanced " Missy "
Joined: 21 Dec 2018
Posts: 249
Location: West Germany
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:02 pm quote
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Im afraid 3legsofman is right Royman69. Maybe you should look into buying a Trike like a "Can Am". I hear they can be a lot of fun to drive too and Im sure you could find a good used one and you never have to push em around and they have a reverse gear also. Just a suggestion .
The problem with a Can am is there price in the UK and having ridden one all be it just a test ride my thoughts are WHY did they not make it so it banked, to me it was a major mistake not making it so if it had i think dispite the fact i still would have had to do modifications so i could ride it in comfort i probably would have bought one.. Theres plenty of trikes for sale on the net from low s that ok with less sophistication do the same thing if the OP wanted to go that way but his lack of a full licence is a problem.
I see your point,but I still wouldn`t mind having one myself .
Hey it was a nice thing to ride it was just a pity that my disability prevented getting the best out of it and the weather didnot help i think it was early january when i had my ride.
Could it be that we have nothing but a bunch of decrepit old farts on this Forum?
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 pm quote
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Hillbilly Fred wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Personally i would forget about a mp3 completely,i only use the the locking for parking up and moving it around on the flat. There top heavy and even just moving it around at walking speed you have to be very carefull if one of the front wheels go's over or down anything because when the other wheel follows itt he bike will rock about. The 500cc ones and the 400 are about 250+kg thats heavier than some v twin Guzzis. As your ak then start on a cheap light weight that you don't mind dropping and is light to pick up. The fuoco i have is VERY hard to lift up if it go's on it's side .
Im afraid 3legsofman is right Royman69. Maybe you should look into buying a Trike like a "Can Am". I hear they can be a lot of fun to drive too and Im sure you could find a good used one and you never have to push em around and they have a reverse gear also. Just a suggestion .
The problem with a Can am is there price in the UK and having ridden one all be it just a test ride my thoughts are WHY did they not make it so it banked, to me it was a major mistake not making it so if it had i think dispite the fact i still would have had to do modifications so i could ride it in comfort i probably would have bought one.. Theres plenty of trikes for sale on the net from low s that ok with less sophistication do the same thing if the OP wanted to go that way but his lack of a full licence is a problem.
I see your point,but I still wouldn`t mind having one myself .
Hey it was a nice thing to ride it was just a pity that my disability prevented getting the best out of it and the weather didnot help i think it was early january when i had my ride.
Could it be that we have nothing but a bunch of decrepit old farts on this Forum?
Speak for your self i'm not decrepid ,just an young old fart ,still only 28 in my dreams.
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 4052
Location: Netherlands Olst
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:49 pm quote
then he still needs a motorclass licence

and i've 3 customers with leg ampu one of them from the hip down
Member
Piaggio mp3- mp3/LT
Joined: 07 Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Tw16 7dn
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:06 am quote
Hi ... 3legsofman .... You mentioned about some spacers ?? Do you know what / where they are on eBay as can't see them ?? Thank you 👍👍
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 4052
Location: Netherlands Olst
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:14 am quote
it isn't the spacers you need also a brakepedal

www.3ppp.de complete kit

But what kind of driverlicence do you got and when did you get it
Member
Piaggio mp3- mp3/LT
Joined: 07 Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Tw16 7dn
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:51 am quote
Hi all ..... The answer to where I live is in just on the outskirts of london uk at present

This is what it says I can drive / ride on my license at this present time ??

CAT A
You can drive a motorcycle of a power exceeding 35kW or with a power to weight ratio exceeding 0.2kW per kg, or A motorcycle of a power not exceeding 35kW with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2kW per kg and derived from a vehicle of more than double its power. A motor tricycle with a power exceeding 15kW

CAT B
You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) with up to 8 passenger seats and a driver (with a trailer up to 750kg). You can also tow heavier trailers if the total weight of vehicle and trailer isnt more than 3,500kg MAM. Physically disabled drivers with provisional category B entitlement will also have provisional entitlement to ride category A1 or A motor tricycles. Able-bodied drivers can no longer ride motor tricycles with a provisional category B licence

I have another question for you guys ?? That is ..... As I'm physically disabled ....what size trike am I entitled to ride ?? And will I be able to ride a quad ?? Thanks
Member
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Belgium
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:26 am quote
IF the UK follows EU vehicle laws (your politicians can't seem to make up their mind), then you can drive a trike or quad of any kind subject to the following conditions.

You must have a full category B license, and have obtained it before that (2013?) date mentioned by Maksor.

In addition, the vehicle MUST be classified as a trike or quad and have the proper track width (minimum 46cm or more?). Aftermarket conversions without getting the proper certification does not automatically make them a trike regardless of the amount of wheels attached.

That is why you cannot drive a 1st gen MP3 without a motorcycle license, as the track width was not sufficient to classify them as a trike.
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:07 pm quote
Royman69 wrote:
Hi ... 3legsofman .... You mentioned about some spacers ?? Do you know what / where they are on eBay as can't see them ?? Thank you 👍👍
Ebay number 274014508585 48.50 the pair and there in Wolverhampton.The ones in germany ebay number 333314508585.60++
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:10 pm quote
Maksor wrote:
it isn't the spacers you need also a brakepedal

www.3ppp.de complete kit

But what kind of driverlicence do you got and when did you get it
Brake pedal not required in UK. Theres fuocos altered to ride on a car licence without pedal .
Member
Piaggio mp3- mp3/LT
Joined: 07 Nov 2019
Posts: 6
Location: Tw16 7dn
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:00 pm quote
Hi .... I would like to say a big thank you to all of you for your time and help and support .... Well appreciated 👍👍👍
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 4052
Location: Netherlands Olst
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 pm quote
3legsofman wrote:
Maksor wrote:
it isn't the spacers you need also a brakepedal

www.3ppp.de complete kit

But what kind of driverlicence do you got and when did you get it
Brake pedal not required in UK. Theres fuocos altered to ride on a car licence without pedal .
that where earlier conversions my Fuoco out austria doesn't have one also

but now you wont get a MOT as L5e it will still stay en L3e motorcycle
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 am quote
Maksor wrote:
3legsofman wrote:
Maksor wrote:
it isn't the spacers you need also a brakepedal

www.3ppp.de complete kit

But what kind of driverlicence do you got and when did you get it
Brake pedal not required in UK. Theres fuocos altered to ride on a car licence without pedal .
that where earlier conversions my Fuoco out austria doesn't have one also

but now you wont get a MOT as L5e it will still stay en L3e motorcycle
Whats a L5e and L3e ? never heard of it here in the UK.Please show relevent UK Construction and use regulations showing that you have to have a foot pedal. NOT all eu rules and regs cover every eu country .I can construct a trike here in the UK NOW and NOT have a foot pedalbrake AND it will pass the UK MOT.
Member
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 43
Location: Belgium
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:31 am quote
This UK Department of Transport publication explains it very clearly.

https://www.lowcvp.org.uk/assets/presentations/EU%20Regulation%20on%20the%20Approval%20of%20L-Category%20Vehicles.pdf

Document below shows the footbrake requirement for all L5e vehicles. See page 14

http://eu-live.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/EU_LIVE_D_2.1_Overall_Vehicle_Requirements.pdf
Hooked
2008 fuoco.T3 guzzi california outfit
Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Posts: 235
Location: United Kingdom.
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm quote
sbaert wrote:
This UK Department of Transport publication explains it very clearly.

https://www.lowcvp.org.uk/assets/presentations/EU%20Regulation%20on%20the%20Approval%20of%20L-Category%20Vehicles.pdf

Document below shows the footbrake requirement for all L5e vehicles. See page 14

http://eu-live.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/EU_LIVE_D_2.1_Overall_Vehicle_Requirements.pdf
My understanding after looking at the EU portion is it relates to NEW vehicals . UK constructions and use is somewhat different ( not what you have provided a link to. ) I have my own views on the EU and i will leave it at that as this is a forum for m/c & scoots.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1438s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0252s) ][ Debug on ]