OP
@roliver1972 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@roliver1972 avatar
UTC quote
For me simply or not so simply put.. I was born in Norway. Moved around with my father's job all over Europe as a kid. When I was 9 we lived in siracusa Sicily for 4 years. During that time we had 2 mopeds and 1 p200e. Moved back to the states and first got into moto cross and then later punk. Combine the mods...skins...punk and 2 strokes and then all of a sudden...here I am
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
Well, I'm glad you are here. The scoots you built in the past are nothing short of phenomenal, lots of style. Hopefully you will hang around to teach me a thing or two. Razz emoticon
@lynnb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Ossessionato
@lynnb avatar
1963 VBB2T
UTC quote
Wife and I love Sicily , vacationed there twice and rented a vespa in Taormina and road it back up into the mountains where we stayed for a week and back down the coast, what a blast. Been to all the great little fishing villages. We just came home in September from Nothern Italy, been all over , 8 times total.
@killo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
I have a few scooters....

Ossessionato
@killo avatar
UTC quote
My father was sent to the Congo, Africa courtesy of the US Gov't in 1965. While there, he bought a 1966 Vespa VNB for basic transportation. He came home in 1967. The gov't would ship a car back to the states but not a motorcycle or scooter. He parked it in the living room when the movers came and insisted that it was a "chair". He used it "while watching TV". After some arguing, the scooter was loaded in with his household goods and shipped to the US. He rode it around the neighborhood with one or more of the kids on it. He let me ride it for a while when I was in high school. Then, my brother used it for a while when he was in college. Then it sat for many years. I finally asked him if he'd part with it and he gave it to me. I restored it in 1999 and it still looks and runs great today.

There's something about these little machines that get into your soul. I've got 5 vintage scoots and a GT250 now. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. LOL.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
lies?
Killo wrote:
.. I restored it in 1999 and it still looks and runs great today.

There's something about these little machines that get into your soul. ...
Bad post w/ no pics.

Gonna down vote soon if none appear! Livid emoticon
@killo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@killo avatar
UTC quote
Re: lies?
V oodoo wrote:
Killo wrote:
.. I restored it in 1999 and it still looks and runs great today.

There's something about these little machines that get into your soul. ...
Bad post w/ no pics.

Gonna down vote soon if none appear! Livid emoticon
If you insist....

And if you get bored, here's an Allstate that my son and I resurrected.

Duelling Allstates
After
After
Before
Before
@gravelrash2004 avatar
UTC

Addicted
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi

Addicted
@gravelrash2004 avatar
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
UTC quote
saw one at a tender age..... bought one when old enough to do so.... the rest as they say is history
@lynnb avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Ossessionato
@lynnb avatar
1963 VBB2T
UTC quote
Killo wrote:
My father was sent to the Congo, Africa courtesy of the US Gov't in 1965. While there, he bought a 1966 Vespa VNB for basic transportation. He came home in 1967. The gov't would ship a car back to the states but not a motorcycle or scooter. He parked it in the living room when the movers came and insisted that it was a "chair". He used it "while watching TV". After some arguing, the scooter was loaded in with his household goods and shipped to the US. He rode it around the neighborhood with one or more of the kids on it. He let me ride it for a while when I was in high school. Then, my brother used it for a while when he was in college. Then it sat for many years. I finally asked him if he'd part with it and he gave it to me. I restored it in 1999 and it still looks and runs great today.

There's something about these little machines that get into your soul. I've got 5 vintage scoots and a GT250 now. The first step is admitting that you have a problem. LOL.
Great story and great looking bikes.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
UTC quote
Proven evidence that made in Italy products last over time ...
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0795s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0509s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]