Hagon lowered rear shock set
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
2016 MP3 500ie Sport
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:53 am quote
Based on prior posts on this forum, I contacted Hagon sales several times regarding a lowering shock set for the MP3.
Today, Hagon sales responded that they created a rear lowering shock set for the MP3, but would like to refine it with another MP3 as a working model.
If any member of the forum is in the UK and is willing to work with Hagon on this project, please contact Hagon sales.

sales@hagon-shocks.co.uk

Many on this forum would benefit from a member's assistance in this endeavor, so thanks in advance.

BTW - Hagon sales said they are not developing a front shock set for the MP3.
Lurker
2016 MP3 500ie Sport
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 am quote
A little more information:

"If we can have someoneís bike in the new year for around a week, that wants a set of lower rear shocks they will be compliments of us! (we want to re-do the full-length version and revise the lower version).

We are in East London, Romford borders IG63JH postcode.

The bikes are inside the building the whole time, safe and secure and are not ridden (all testing is bench and dyno)

Regardís
David
Hagon Sales Team"
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:34 am quote
Heck of a deal for a "vertically challenged" MP3 rider.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:33 am quote
Re: Hagon lowered rear shock set
stymied wrote:
Based on prior posts on this forum, I contacted Hagon sales several times regarding a lowering shock set for the MP3.
Today, Hagon sales responded that they created a rear lowering shock set for the MP3, but would like to refine it with another MP3 as a working model.
If any member of the forum is in the UK and is willing to work with Hagon on this project, please contact Hagon sales.

sales@hagon-shocks.co.uk

Many on this forum would benefit from a member's assistance in this endeavor, so thanks in advance.

BTW - Hagon sales said they are not developing a front shock set for the MP3.
I have an old thread here on MV where I worked with Hagon in California (Now Closed).

They sent me a number of shocks and springs to get this all figured out for the rear of the MP3. Then I posted the part numbers of what it was.
This would lower the bike about 2".
Do a search and provide this info to the UK, and make sure they provide the needed spacers needed.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Lurker
2016 MP3 500ie Sport
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:59 am quote
Hi Keith,

I sent the part number information from your post to Hagon in my initial contact with them and I am still using that same email thread for continuity.

It looks like you collaborated with Hagon more than I thought, so I will double-check with them.

Thanks,
Steve
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:14 am quote
stymied wrote:
Hi Keith,

I sent the part number information from your post to Hagon in my initial contact with them and I am still using that same email thread for continuity.

It looks like you collaborated with Hagon more than I thought, so I will double-check with them.

Thanks,
Steve
Yea, I went through two sets of shocks, and 3 different sets of springs until I found what I have today. Once I found the "Sweet Spot", I told them...
Send me another set with plans of installing on my MP3/250.

Very happy with this solution and the shocks, they feel great.
I am sorry to see that Hagon closed up shop in the US, but they did work with the UK during my testing. At the time there was all kinds of Chinese Shocks listed on ebay that could have worked, but didn't want to go that route.

If you need any info on my shocks, I still have the new ones in the box I never opened or installed yet. I can measure them, whatever you need.
I actually purchased the caliper tool at the time to help me figure all this out.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Enthusiast
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:30 am quote
I really like my Piaggio branded Bitubo fully adjustable shocks.

They really transform the bike.
Lurker
2016 MP3 500ie Sport
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 am quote
I received a response from Hagon Sales about the part numbers Keith worked with them on.

Paraphrased from Hagon Sales:

They have the aforementioned part numbers/data.
The issues they were focussed on were
1. Clearance related to the space around the shock, which altered as it moved through its range of travel.
2. Develop a model-specific type of bushing.
3. Refine the finish.

So, getting a bike in-house is really their goal. They want to put together a proper product rather than a bunch of parts that fit.

Steve
Hooked
2010 gts 300 super. 09 MP3 500 lite
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:02 am quote
sbaert wrote:
I really like my Piaggio branded Bitubo fully adjustable shocks.

They really transform the bike.
I am still trying to figure out if the ones piaggio sells are different than the ones everyone else is selling? they are like 750 through piaggio. and 450 from italy.
Enthusiast
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:24 pm quote
AFAIK, only the Piaggio ones (albeit made by Bitubo) have the external reservoir and fully adjustable rebound by way of a dial/knob allowing you to really "dial in" your ride for your riding style, conditions, driver weight, etc.

And they are fully rebuildable, but so are all Bitubos.

I am venturing to say that these are made to order for Piaggio exclusively as I have not seen them offered in this style by Bitubo directly.
Hooked
2010 gts 300 super. 09 MP3 500 lite
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:53 pm quote
the non reservoir type has same adjust ability? personally I dont care for the look of a reservoir that isnt really needed. both styles have spring preload and rebound adjustments. the extra oil capacity may be a good thing for a race bike, but does nothing that you would feel performance wise on a street bike. if you have compression adjustability then it would be worthy of sporting the reservoir. IMHO
Enthusiast
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 am quote
I fully agree that the external reservoir on the Piaggio branded Bitubos are more for looks than pure necessity, but I got them at the price of the standard Bitubos (450 Euro vs. 750) so I ain't complaining.

However, the ones that really interested me (and still do) are the Malossi ones (see link). The price is unbeatable at 250 but I couldn't find any reviews on them so I went Bitubo by way of Piaggio.

Yes you give up some spring preload adjustability and the rebound, but for those on a budget these seem very tempting. Essentially anything is better than the stock Piaggio shocks, which I think is why they are now putting KYBs on the 2020 models.

https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/264478425894
Enthusiast
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:42 am quote
Wow! Scooter West has the Malossi shocks for only $180. Getting down to the "sounds too good to be true" territory.

Who's going to be the guinea pig?

https://www.scooterwest.com/malossi-rear-shock-for-mp3-250-400-m4614789.html
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:34 am quote
hagon are Ä 210.-
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1844s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0530s) ][ Debug on ]