Engine warning light
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Piaggio mp3 500 LT
Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:43 am quote
Hi everyone.

So I slipped in the mud and came off my bike about 2 months ago. Shook my confidence so not ridden much at all since (I'm fine driving in the dry but not confident in the wet).

The bike rides fine since. But recently the engine warning light is SOMETIMES (NOT ALWAYS) on when I'm riding.

On the dash it's the yellow engine light - manual says it's the "engine control telltale light and injection system failure warning light"

How concerned should I be if the bike is otherwise behaving fine? I can't take it to a garage until February (for a number of reasons, money, weather, and it's due it's service and mot then too).

Thanks everyone.

Nathan
Enthusiast
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:12 am quote
Check the oxygen sensor for physical damage as well as its electrical connection to the vehicle wiring harness.

Generally speaking on vehicles, the primary reason for illumination of the check engine light is due to a fault in the emissions system i.e. oxygen sensor.

Also keep in mind that oxygen sensors should be considered a wear & tear part like windshield wipers. They only last so long before they start failing, and oxygen sensors particularly almost always fail intermittently.
2020 Piaggio MP3 500 hpe
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:17 am quote
change the spark plug too
Along with the O2 sensor, replace the spark plug, which is remarkably cheap in comparison. Those two together fixed that engine trouble light for me in the past.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1455s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0257s) ][ Debug on ]