Stolen Helmet
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Piaggio MP3 HPE Sport ABS-ASR
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:42 am quote
Had my MP3 for almost 2 months now..
Something very weird happened yesterday in the underground carpark where I keep my scooter.

My helmet was stolen and some other scooters where vandalized (mirrors broken, signal button damaged etc.)

What's weird -> my scooter was not vandalized, there's no scratch marks, nothing. They didn't stoled the gloves and the first aid kit or rain jacket

How was it possible to open the trunk when the wheels were locked.. the open trunk button doesn't work when the steering is locked and the keys are out. Only the remote.. but it was always in my possesion

Talked with the security ppl and they said they don't have any cameras on the parking spaces.. only for entrances and exit.
Enthusiast
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:20 am quote
Just a guess, but maybe somebody who knows how these MP3s are put together manually released the seat latch from underneath the rear wheel well?

Again, just a theory but plausible considering there are more MP3s in Paris than anywhere else.

Look at the bright side, be happy your bike didn't get vandalized and perhaps another MP3 rider is currently "borrowing" your helmet.
Hooked
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:50 am quote
Maybe the seat was almost fully closed but not locked ? I've tested my seat when its been a bit full underneath to find it hasn't locked !
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 am quote
Brasseye wrote:
Maybe the seat was almost fully closed but not locked ? I've tested my seat when its been a bit full underneath to find it hasn't locked !
I usually double check also, and I always lock the wheels and pull the handbreak.. The seat space was not full, just the helmet, gloves, cagule and first aid kit.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:13 pm quote
It's trivially easy to open the trunk or seat (depending on model) of any MP3/Fuoco. Actually it's pretty damn easy to open ANY Piaggio seat, and the perps know it as well as anybody.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:44 pm quote
jimc wrote:
It's trivially easy to open the trunk or seat (depending on model) of any MP3/Fuoco. Actually it's pretty damn easy to open ANY Piaggio seat, and the perps know it as well as anybody.
+1 - Don't leave anything you can't afford to leave in a garage overnight. I'm guilty of it but I do know that it is always a risk. Strange thing is these kind of thefts seem more common in the EU. I guess because there are so many more scooters. When I lived in Detroit I had 2 cars stolen, they are very good at it in the motor city.
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:15 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
jimc wrote:
+1 - Don't leave anything you can't afford to leave in a garage overnight. I'm guilty of it but I do know that it is always a risk. Strange thing is these kind of thefts seem more common in the EU. I guess because there are so many more scooters. When I lived in Detroit I had 2 cars stolen, they are very good at it in the motor city.
It was in the work parking during work hours.. a lot of people around.
Also, talked with a bike mechanic, he said that the old MP3s had the famous cable to pull and the new ones are a bit more protected. I also checked mine couldn't see any exposed cable under it.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1907s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0422s) ][ Debug on ]