[NSR] O Christmas Tree - Real or Artificial?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
Author Message
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:29 am quote
Hi gang,

So, it's that time of year again. We really considered going with an artificial tree this year as it can be a real pain with a real tree in a condo. Not to mention our has a flight of stairs up to the living room with artwork along the wall so you either needs to take it down or be careful. When the season is over you then have to wrap the tree carefully so pine needles don't go everywhere in the common area. BUT there is just something about a real tree that seems special. So we went real again this year but I got smaller than usual to make things a little easier and my wife happy as she is the one that decorates the tree.

What to you all do? Real, artificial or none? We have members from all over this planet so I'm interested to see the responses. My parents are Aussies and I remember being in Brisbane at my grandmothers a few years.

It's a little slow around here so I figure this might be a fun subject. Here is this years tree pre decoration. That process starts today and it seems fitting as it is snowing right now. My job is to get everything out then run to Swarovski to pick up this years flake. We've been doing it for over a decade now and they are beautiful.

IMG_1148.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 5496
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:50 am quote
We went artificial years ago. No need to go out and get the tree, water it, clean up the needles, or dispose of it. Simpler. Just need storage space, which we currently have in spades.
If ever we want the smell, we can get garlands or a wreath.
Member
2020 GTS HPE 300
Joined: 23 Nov 2019
Posts: 35
Location: San Diego
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:54 am quote
Real. I grew up rarely having a real tree due to family finances. Even the tough years I found the budget for a real tree. Makes my apartment smell amazing too. We bought ours yesterday and got it decorated last night
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 37686
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:58 am quote
No tree.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 10915
Location: Oregon City, OR
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am quote
Real tree. Buy ours from the Boy Scouts every year. They pickup trees for recycling after the Holidays. I can't imagine having an artificial tree. If a real one was too expensive, too difficult, or whatever - we would do without.
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 1941
Location: Latina (Italy)
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:04 am quote
Years ago I planted one in my garden, every Christmas I put some decoration and lights; at home we make the nativity scene, with figurines and miniature houses.

Addicted
2009 GTS 250ie
Joined: 24 Mar 2018
Posts: 565
Location: south Texas
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:59 am quote
We've done both. Even done the "hike in the woods and cut down your own" thing. We had over a decade where we were in our boat or RV at Christmas, and had a couple small (3') artificial trees with fiber optic lights built in. I really enjoyed those, and we used that small tree in our house the past couple Christmases.

Last year, my wife found a great deal after Christmas on a tall, narrow artificial tree that fits great in our home. We pulled out all the sentimental ornaments that were too much for the small tree (but made it onto shelves during the season) and hung them on the tree. It is a delight.

I do not miss the mess and watering necessary with a real dead tree.

I have to admit I can be like a big kid at Christmas time: I like to decorate and enjoy the vibe of the season, but not necessarily the shopping crowds. We have done the Lighted Boat Parade in our area quite a few times - a lot of work for the short time you get to enjoy the lights, but fun to participate. After a couple nights at the dock at our house (on a canal), we'd move the lights to the railing on our deck. The last couple years, we've skipped the parade (got a smaller boat) and gone right to the lights on the deck.

Everybody sing: "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:37 pm quote
Picked up this years flake and we always also get a figurine to add to the collection. This years little guy is cute. Just having a pint and watching some football after tackling the mall before I head home to see the progress made on the tree.

flake.jpg

Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 2030
Location: Finland
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:03 pm quote
Real.

Around here the tree is typically brought in only a day or two before the Christmas Eve.
In many families it is decorated either the night before, or in the morning of the Christmas Eve.

The tree is taken away at Epiphany... or earlier if it dries too fast

I personally like the scent of a real tree... but I've seen many nice artificial ones too, fully undertand why they are so popular.


Still remember when I was a kid: it was not only a real tree, but also real candles, exactly like the ones in the pic below...

kuusi.jpg

Molto Verboso
Xmax 300
Joined: 02 Jul 2016
Posts: 1347
Location: Adelaide
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 pm quote
For many years we got our real tree delivered by a local charity. But the charity has gone bust, so we are looking at alternative outlets. Or a Festivus Pole.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus
Hooked
BV 350
Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 463
Location: Nebraska
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:33 pm quote
Fake
Got to be nearly impossible to find a real tree that looked decent and fit in the space we had, since it needs to be nearly 10 feet tall, but only 5 feet across. Plus, being retired, we put it up at least two weeks early, and leave it up for two weeks after the "holiday". Takes us a couple of days to get it decorated, so we want to enjoy it. No way we could tolerate a real tree for that long. Plus nice to be able to arrange the limbs to some degree to fit different-sized ornaments.

Spent some real money to get a very good-looking fake. Other than the regularity and uniformity, almost no way to tell from 10 feet away.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:37 pm quote
RRider wrote:
Real.

Around here the tree is typically brought in only a day or two before the Christmas Eve.
In many families it is decorated either the night before, or in the morning of the Christmas Eve.

The tree is taken away at Epiphany... or earlier if it dries too fast

I personally like the scent of a real tree... but I've seen many nice artificial ones too, fully undertand why they are so popular.


Still remember when I was a kid: it was not only a real tree, but also real candles, exactly like the ones in the pic below...
I know exactly what you are talking about. I dated a girl for a while in my late teens that was Swiss-German. Besides being an absolute beauty (she really was) her parents were VERY traditional and they did the same thing with the tree. Real candles and all the traditions of back home.

Anyway back at our little adode the lights are on the tree and we always toast it with a bottle of champagne when that is done. Now some Dead Sea salts in the tub as this always wipes my wife out a bit and when we get back upstairs I'll make dinner and the decorations start going on.

Yes, back in the day that was the shape of champagne glasses. Think Mad Men era.

IMG_1153.jpeg

Member
300 GTS Super
Joined: 10 Aug 2013
Posts: 19
Location: Redwood Valley, CA
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:39 pm quote
Just a simple ceramic tree...

Christmas bear deco.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8793
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm quote
Artificial. Used to be real, but turns out my wife is allergic to most, and easier to go fake.

Cats don't seem to mind... they can climb either, but mostly interested in ornaments.
Ossessionato
GTS250
Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 3510
Location: Tempe, AZ
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:35 pm quote
Growing up, my younger brother spent several Christmases in the hospital, so we always had artificial trees, once they figured out he was allergic.

Nowadays we don't have a tree.
Member
2020 GTS HPE 300
Joined: 23 Nov 2019
Posts: 35
Location: San Diego
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:43 pm quote
Obligatory tree picture. My cats spend a few hours each sleeping under it.

IMG_0106.jpg

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 2319
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 pm quote
I'll tell you how bad it is...
…Le Wife has been away for a month, at an artists' residency in Costa Rica. (Why do you think I've been riding all over the place, and posting about it, though much of November?) She returns on the 4th, after which we sort out how The Holidays will be like at the house.

We skipped the tree last year, at my request (yes, we have a very active cat, which helped influence the decision); we did up all the other decorative stuff, including some outdoor lighting. Not sure what'll happen this time around, although I joked that if she insisted on a tree, it has to be much smaller than the last one, but larger than our menorah (she's Jewish). That leaves a lot of leeway, and, unlike Harbinger, we have just a short flight of steps leading into the house. Artificial? No…been there, hated that. I'll hunt down the tiniest real tree instead. But I'll happily settle for stockings over the fireplace. (Hey, it's only the second real fireplace I've had anywhere I've lived. So there!)
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 1941
Location: Latina (Italy)
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:41 pm quote
Much of the choice is given by where you can put it, you need space but what is not considered by many to have a real tree is the temperature of the room where it is; I mean that in the apartment or in a house there is always heating and the tree, as well as being removed from the earth, must withstand a much higher temperature ... it is also because of this that it often does not survive a possible replanting.
Sorry but inside me there is the soul of the farmer who speaks ...
I don't want to spoil the pleasure of the party but if you can (after buying a real tree) give it to someone who can try to put it back on the bare ground.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:41 am quote
Attila wrote:
Much of the choice is given by where you can put it, you need space but what is not considered by many to have a real tree is the temperature of the room where it is; I mean that in the apartment or in a house there is always heating and the tree, as well as being removed from the earth, must withstand a much higher temperature ... it is also because of this that it often does not survive a possible replanting.
Sorry but inside me there is the soul of the farmer who speaks ...
I don't want to spoil the pleasure of the party but if you can (after buying a real tree) give it to someone who can try to put it back on the bare ground.
No tree that is cut can be replanted as far as I know, You can buy them with the roots for that reason but you really have to hunt them down. The trees are farmed for this purpose and I don't get depressed about my broccoli giving up it's existence for a stir-fry.
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 1941
Location: Latina (Italy)
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 am quote
The one in the photo I published is a replanted tree, provided that when you buy it it is in a vase ...Then there are also many techniques for making roots, I also use a couple of products or more.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 am quote
Attila wrote:
The one in the photo I published is a replanted tree, provided that when you buy it it is in a vase ...Then there are also many techniques for making roots, I also use a couple of products or more.
That's great and good on ya. I'm just going to stick to buying trees from the same I've been buying them from for about 15 years. He delivers to the condo, brings it up the elevator to the PH and then up the stairs to our living room and puts it in the tree stand.

If it makes you feel any better my wife talks nicely to the tree and always says good bye to it when the time comes. She's been a vegetarian since she was about 3 years old so does her part. Mind you I guess that means she eats more vegetables so there is that.
Addicted
'14 Piaggio BV 350
Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 910
Location: Seacoast New Hampshire (USA)
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:23 am quote
Iniezione wrote:
Just a simple ceramic tree...
I also have a simple, classic, vintage 16" ceramic tree on a trunk in my living room - lights up nicely, and I have a trio of wooden Bavarian musicians sitting alongside, playing their instruments whilst having a round of bier...

Last edited by Nautiker on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
GTS 300
Joined: 16 May 2009
Posts: 683
Location: PHX area
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:47 am quote
For years we had a real tree cut our own, or from the market – but I always remembered my boss telling me how he burnt his hands throwing out a Christmas tree that caught fire in his living room saved the house but Christmas was challenged that year for him and his family.
After years of watching dry needles falling off our tree through the seasons, three years ago we got a fake tree. The wife always complains but it is so much easier, same size, no fire threat, lights etc. I think she really likes it just won’t admit it.
Hooked
2013 GTS300ie
Joined: 12 Dec 2017
Posts: 498
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:47 am quote
Fake tree...
My wife is a Primary School teacher - she does not have a life, she has a timetable.
If it is Tuesday at 10:30, then it is Math or Engish Grammar or whatever...

When the holidays come around, the timetable merely incorporates other tasks and subjects. So on the second Saturday in December, the tree must come out of storage. Sunday it must be in place, the LED lights in position and working so that on Sunday before lunch the family can come around to hang the decorations...

On the first Saturday after Christmas, the process is reversed.

Having a real tree would just interfere with her timetable.
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 1941
Location: Latina (Italy)
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:55 am quote
.... but certainly, the important thing is the symbol ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:42 am quote
Attila wrote:
.... but certainly, the important thing is the symbol ...
Yes and no. Real tress are prettier , there really is no denying it and every year the tree looks different and then there is the smell of a real tree. It just "feels" more like Christmas to me. I totally understand why people get artificial trees or for that matter no trees.

The argument that you should try and replant it I just do not buy. If you can and you have the resources that's awesome but the whole anti real Christmas tree thing I do not get. It's just a plant (fine, tree) and is grown for the purpose of bringing joy (and profit) and the farms replant new trees all the time and the process has become more environmentally friendly. At least from the place we buy ours.

Unless you are non leather wearing Vegan or even better Fruitarian that only eats what has fallen then you really can't say much about a family getting a real Christmas tree.
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 19 Nov 2018
Posts: 172
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:17 am quote
Always had a real tree. When we lived in NYC we would cut our own at a tree farm or buy from the corner guy.
First Christmas at new house in Cleveland we bought a balled tree and decorated it in the living room. Afterwards it was dropped into a hole I dug around Thanksgiving time while the ground was still soft. 25 years later shes a beautiful 30 foot tall pine tree.

We still get a real one for the Holidays.
Here's a shopping mall tree in the attachment I'm sure is artificial.
Merry Christmas, Ralph


mall christmas tree.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7579
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:43 am quote
Real. So many tree farms around here feel guilty getting a artificial tree.
Addicted
2014 GTV 300ie
Joined: 05 Mar 2016
Posts: 752
Location: Charleston SC
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm quote
My wife is allergic to pine trees, so it is a no brainer for me. Having said that, we bought an artificial tree several years back that looks so real that friends always comment on it and ask where we got our (real) tree... We light pine scented candles to complete the effect.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 2716
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:42 pm quote
Real. Palm. Rooted within sight of the beach.
Enthusiast
Joined: 03 Jan 2018
Posts: 50
Location: Ga
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:33 am quote
Artificial. We are planning to set up our Christmas tree this weekend.
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 1941
Location: Latina (Italy)
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
.... but certainly, the important thing is the symbol ...
Yes and no. Real tress are prettier , there really is no denying it and every year the tree looks different and then there is the smell of a real tree. It just "feels" more like Christmas to me. I totally understand why people get artificial trees or for that matter no trees.

The argument that you should try and replant it I just do not buy. If you can and you have the resources that's awesome but the whole anti real Christmas tree thing I do not get. It's just a plant (fine, tree) and is grown for the purpose of bringing joy (and profit) and the farms replant new trees all the time and the process has become more environmentally friendly. At least from the place we buy ours.

Unless you are non leather wearing Vegan or even better Fruitarian that only eats what has fallen then you really can't say much about a family getting a real Christmas tree.
I open a small OT.
Quiet ... I am an authentic Italian carnivore.
The problem is that in my country too many hectares of greenery have been lost; therefore those who can at least try to plant different types of vegetation. Every year in my area, after the holidays, many associations are activated in order to recover the real Christmas trees and then replant them. I thought that in other countries it was the same. That's all.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:28 am quote
Attila wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
.... but certainly, the important thing is the symbol ...
Yes and no. Real tress are prettier , there really is no denying it and every year the tree looks different and then there is the smell of a real tree. It just "feels" more like Christmas to me. I totally understand why people get artificial trees or for that matter no trees.

The argument that you should try and replant it I just do not buy. If you can and you have the resources that's awesome but the whole anti real Christmas tree thing I do not get. It's just a plant (fine, tree) and is grown for the purpose of bringing joy (and profit) and the farms replant new trees all the time and the process has become more environmentally friendly. At least from the place we buy ours.

Unless you are non leather wearing Vegan or even better Fruitarian that only eats what has fallen then you really can't say much about a family getting a real Christmas tree.
I open a small OT.
Quiet ... I am an authentic Italian carnivore.
The problem is that in my country too many hectares of greenery have been lost; therefore those who can at least try to plant different types of vegetation. Every year in my area, after the holidays, many associations are activated in order to recover the real Christmas trees and then replant them. I thought that in other countries it was the same. That's all.
Nope, not really a thing here. You can get live trees but only at specialty places if you look. Have you seen a map of Canada? We're a pretty big country with more than a few trees. The trees here are farmed and replanted in rotation. Maybe not the greatest thing but not really a disinter. Now if you want to talk about wooden chopsticks there you have some wasted wood. Italy is a very different country than Canada or for that matter the US. SO many things are going to differ and I do understand why you can think something is common here that is not.

HowMuchForestDoesCanadaHave2018_1_eng.jpg

Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 2030
Location: Finland
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:31 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
.... but certainly, the important thing is the symbol ...
Yes and no. Real tress are prettier , there really is no denying it and every year the tree looks different and then there is the smell of a real tree. It just "feels" more like Christmas to me. I totally understand why people get artificial trees or for that matter no trees.

The argument that you should try and replant it I just do not buy. If you can and you have the resources that's awesome but the whole anti real Christmas tree thing I do not get. It's just a plant (fine, tree) and is grown for the purpose of bringing joy (and profit) and the farms replant new trees all the time and the process has become more environmentally friendly. At least from the place we buy ours.

Unless you are non leather wearing Vegan or even better Fruitarian that only eats what has fallen then you really can't say much about a family getting a real Christmas tree.
I open a small OT.
Quiet ... I am an authentic Italian carnivore.
The problem is that in my country too many hectares of greenery have been lost; therefore those who can at least try to plant different types of vegetation. Every year in my area, after the holidays, many associations are activated in order to recover the real Christmas trees and then replant them. I thought that in other countries it was the same. That's all.
Nope, not really a thing here. You can get live trees but only at specialty places if you look. Have you seen a map of Canada? We're a pretty big country with more than a few trees. The trees here are farmed and replanted in rotation. Maybe not the greatest thing but not really a disinter. Now if you want to talk about wooden chopsticks there you have some wasted wood. Italy is a very different country than Canada or for that matter the US. SO many things are going to differ and I do understand why you can think something is common here that is not.
... and as ours is a small country, we have to compete with what we have: Finland's forests are the densests in the world, 72,000 trees per the average Finnish square kilometre.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:48 am quote
RRider wrote:
... and as ours is a small country, we have to compete with what we have: Finland's forests are the densests in the world, 72,000 trees per the average Finnish square kilometre.
I'll give it you, Finland does have some beautiful forests. Great pony trekking and camping as well!

Chrome users copy/paste the below:

youtu.be/baHsoEAAMZU
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: 13 Sep 2017
Posts: 924
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:01 am quote
I grew up with fake. I have asthma and allergies so it made sense.

Advantages: same tree every year, no pine needle clean up nor watering schedule. Packs away with other Christmas items. One time purchase for years of use.

Since I've been married and we've had the money/space for a tree we've only ever gotten real. I double up on my allergy medicine. Run a humidifier (Well I'd do that anyways in winter) and I tend to be ok.

Advantages: The smell! It's really hard to say how that triggers "Holiday season" for me more than anything else. It helps this Grinch get into the Christmas spirit.
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Posts: 1941
Location: Latina (Italy)
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 am quote
...you can buy a pine or fir scented deodorant ...

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5815
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:29 am quote
Attila wrote:
...you can buy a pine or fir scented deodorant ...
Really? That is NOT the same... Fake is never as good as real when it comes to scents. I'm assuming you mean air freshener or oil in an aerator and not deodorant? I suppose if it was under your armpits you could smell it whenever you wanted to though
Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 2319
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:07 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
...you can buy a pine or fir scented deodorant ...
Really? That is NOT the same... Fake is never as good as real when it comes to scents. I'm assuming you mean air freshener or oil in an aerator and not deodorant? I suppose if it was under your armpits you could smell it whenever you wanted to though
I suppose you could…but for the sake of decorum, keep it in the car.

04wmt-articleLarge-v3.png
Looks a bit silly hanging around your neck...

Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 2550
Location: San Jose, CA
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am quote
Since my son has allergies we no longer cut down our tree. I would prefer the real deal. I loved going to the tree farms in the Santa Cruz mountain or out in Half Moon Bay. Just not the same with fake. Once decorated it looks great. This year my wife took on the task of decorating the tree that my daughter used to perform. Now that she is a freshman in high school she doesn't have time. She really does, but it would cut into her snapchat time. lol
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
[ Time: 0.2174s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0424s) ][ Debug on ]