ET4 cracked union pipe
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:10 pm quote
I need to replace my union pipe on my carb and found one at this site?

https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Vespa&T=ET4%20150%20Leader&Y=.&L=ET4-150-Leader&O=Carburettor%20inlet&F=VESPA/ET4-150-Leader-K-B11&L2=ET4-150-Leader-Carburettor-inlet

Has anyone ordered from this site or know of any other places stateside I can get one and a new gasket? Shipping is steep from Netherlands, but Iíve searched and it seems like all parts that are available for my scoot (Ď01 et4) are overseas unless itís interchangeable with another model.

Also could this be the cause of my idling issues? Either I have to increase the idle high where it revs really really high while warming up and is fine when Iím riding it and stopped at lights or when I adjust it lower it dies once it warms up and I have to continuously rev the throttle while Iím stopped to keep it from conking out. Bike is pissing through a lot of gas.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:54 pm quote
That is what the OP is looking for.

One of the weirdest things about scooters is that the same part goes by a lot of different names, depending on who made the scooter. Honda calls it an Inlet Pipe, Yamaha calls it a Manifold, and Piaggio calls it a union pipe, and it's the same part.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:25 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
That is what the OP is looking for.

One of the weirdest things about scooters is that the same part goes by a lot of different names, depending on who made the scooter. Honda calls it an Inlet Pipe, Yamaha calls it a Manifold, and Piaggio calls it a union pipe, and it's the same part.
A manifold originally (and somehow in my mind too) described 'folding' 'many' into one. So an exhaust manifold on a 4-cylinder car seems the right description. To me, describing the downpipe fron the head to the silencer on a single-cylinder Vespa as a 'manifold' seems wrong. Same for intakes.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1478s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0337s) ][ Debug on ]