Alarm issues, seeking advice
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
GT200
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:41 pm quote
2005 vespa gt200.
I unlocked my scooter from the bike rack, I work downtown in a busy city. When I moved my tire a little the alarm went off. I didn't even know it had an alarm! Every time I moved the handlebars the noisy alarm would go on and both blinkers and other lights would flash.
The key went in and turned but the scooter won't start. The handlebars locked normally.

Someone came to help and we unhooked the battery hoping to reset it but it didn't stop the alarm.

I really can't afford a tow and mechanic fee so I'd appreciate any advice of what could have happened and how to fix it. I hate going home (on the bus) knowing my baby is staying the night downtown locked up but still. Thank you!

Ideas so far:
the battery could be low
the key chip (does it have a chip?) is messed up.
someone could have messed with my scooter trying to put a screw driver in the key hole or trying to get the seat compartment open....

Thanks!!!
Ossessionato
'15 Blue GTS300 Super, '18 White GTS300 Super
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:30 pm quote
I presume you got your scooter second hand, and a previous owner fitted an alarm. Look behind the left knee panel (one screw at the top), it is probably there, and you can unplug it.

Mike
Lurker
GT200
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:59 pm quote
That was it! The aftermarket alarm was malfunctioning. My mechanic is just taking it out and it's not costing me too much in labor cost. 👍👍
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1507s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0635s) ][ Debug on ]