@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
Even though I have to get geared up like I'm going up Everest - once out on the open road, mostly car free, in the dark countryside.....cruising along on a big wheel small engine scooter -it is just smile making f u n !
All the riders who have to put away scooter riding for the winter....well, I might just really feel bad for them, except I'm having too much fun for a guy my age to feel bad about much of anything.

And, once again, can't help but notice how well this little big wheel scooter handles crappy city streets.
When I switch back and forth between a 12" wheel and a 16" - it is very noticeable. No wonder they sell so many big wheel scooters in Europe!

Liberty150i ABS
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

O.S.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
... it is more because of road conditions if they sell more high wheel scooters but I agree, it's fun to drive a scooter ...
(not now, it's too cold for me ... )
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
... it is more because of road conditions if they sell more high wheel scooters but I agree, it's fun to drive a scooter ...
C'mon grow a pair! Razz emoticon It's never too cold if you're dressed for it. Hell didn't even bother with the heated grips today or glove liners.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@max6201 avatar
UTC

Banned
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200

Banned
@max6201 avatar
UTC quote
Well folks in Chicago would disagree with you with all the potholes that they have. But I agree bigger wheels give you a little more stability. But that's part of the fun of riding a Vespa. I don't ride a Vespa for a stability.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Max6201 wrote:
Well folks in Chicago would disagree with you with all the potholes that they have. But I agree bigger wheels give you a little more stability. But that's part of the fun of riding a Vespa. I don't ride a Vespa for a stability.
As your sister city we see your potholes and raise them! Yeah I've hit some doozies on the Vespa and it does NOT like it. I swear I had no front end wobble until I whacked one a year or so ago. I dunno maybe no wobble was an issue and the pothole just corrected things so I too could enjoy it on a GT series Vespa...

Back in the revival days I met a hot Mod redhead at a rally in Chicago and spent a while living there with her and her sister a few blocks from Wrigley Field. Her sister was a "dancer" so we had the place to ourselves a lot at night and man I loved Chicago. The food was amazing as well.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
C'mon grow a pair! Razz emoticon It's never too cold if you're dressed for it. Hell didn't even bother with the heated grips today or glove liners.
I consider myself "southern man" or "meridional" as they say in Italy but not in the derogatory sense, only in a climatic way and in eating habits.
If you stay here in my area from December to April, you see few or no motorcyclists and scooter riders; we are like bears ... let's go into hibernation.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Max6201 wrote:
@sdscooterista avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@sdscooterista avatar
UTC quote
Max6201 wrote:
Depends on what your prior scoot was. My GTS is a heck of a lot more stable than my old Buddy. Much better ride too
@max6201 avatar
UTC

Banned

Banned
@max6201 avatar
UTC quote
Max said:
I don't live in Chicago but I can tell that from what you're saying that's Boy's Town. A lot of fun.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Max6201 wrote:
Max said:
I don't live in Chicago but I can tell that from what you're saying that's Boy's Town. A lot of fun.
Yeah, Chicago is awesome. I really hope when they restructure the NHL the Hawks come over to where they belong. My wife and I try and catch a few Habs games a year and catching the one in Chicago is impossible. If they switch divisions we'd actually be able to get tickets and visit the Windy City while catching a game.
@max6201 avatar
UTC

Banned

Banned
@max6201 avatar
UTC quote
Harbinger wrote:
Max6201 wrote:
Max said:
Yeah, Chicago is awesome. I really hope when they restructure the NHL the Hawks come over to where they belong. My wife and I try and catch a few Habs games a year and catching the one in Chicago is impossible. If they switch divisions we'd actually be able to get tickets and visit the Windy City while catching a game.
Great I hope you make it. But I was talking about Halsted Street specifically. Not much of a football fan here by thinking about getting tickets for Madame Butterfly in February. It'll give me an excuse to visit I much missed friend.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
UTC quote
Max6201 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Max6201 wrote:
Max said:
Great I hope you make it. But I was talking about Halsted Street specifically. Not much of a football fan here by thinking about getting tickets for Madame Butterfly in February. It'll give me an excuse to visit I much missed friend.
Yeah we just need the excuse. The theatres/Orchestra/arenas/statium here are actually walking distance from our place and we go all the time. It's not a cheap neighbourhood but watching all the cars backed up trying to get out of town while we walk home is almost worth it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0713s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0385s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]