OP
UTC

LX50 ish

LX50 ish
UTC quote
Ok, here's the story. My brother crashed a Derbi Boulevard 150 that I had kicking around for scooting fun and pit bike service for track days. The crash wasn't very serious but it was good enough to blow all the bodywork off the poor thing and make it a bit too rough for me to continue enjoying. (thats saying something as I am a scumbike fan.)

The donor came to me off of the local buy and sell as a completely haggard unit. It had a blown up 50cc driveline as well as a 150 leader engine out of a Piaggio Fly. The previous owner gave up on the whole thing and never got the project finished.

I swapped the whole Derbi Boulevard driveline and front end onto the donor chassis which has me with a spare 150cc leader engine for when this one blows up. The power unit bolts right in with room to run the 13" Derbi wheel; the front end required cutting of the tub which I didn't feel bad about as it was crushed when I got it anyways.

The Derbi harness worked just fine and I'm running the Derbi dash.. I'm going to weld up a headlight frame to keep going with the Rat rod theme. Here are some pics of when I got it, when the swap was happening and today's progress which was fitting the front end.

I would have liked to keep the Vespa front fork but finding a 12 or 13" front wheel so that I could run a pilot power was too expensive for the project. The Derbi was bought for $400, (a few years ago) the Vespa and all its spare parts for $450 and the sticky rubber for $200-ish so this thing should be coming in around $1000 CAD or so. (thats about $750 USD) Good fun with the build and subsequent operation for a pretty reasonable amount of money.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by smstar on UTC; edited 1 time
@duane1 avatar
UTC

Addicted
2005 et4

Addicted
@duane1 avatar
2005 et4
UTC quote
LOL I love the "subtle" horn.
OP
UTC

LX50 ish

LX50 ish
UTC quote
Haha yeah, MOD-I-f%*ked!
OP
UTC

LX50 ish

LX50 ish
UTC quote
The pics went in backwards.. I hope it's obvious that the way I bought it are the last pics... rasta paint, mega horns and zip ties aren't really my deal.
⚠️ Last edited by smstar on UTC; edited 1 time
@berto avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200

Molto Verboso
@berto avatar
2006 LX150 (carbed) | 2007 GT200
UTC quote
Nice!!
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

LX50 ish

LX50 ish
UTC quote
Just a quick update pic.. Super Italian fanboy ghetto paint job, scumbag headlight mount, ready to go get crashed again!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0282s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0048s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]