hooter sounding
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
Gilera fuoco 500
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:24 am quote
Hi, Chaps , here in the ass end of the world, Cape Town, South Africa, I have just bought a 2008 Gilera Fuoco. What I desperately need to know is how to stop the hooter from sounding (5 times) every time I switch the ignition on! what is it trying to tell me?? what can I do about it?? Thanks a lot, Charlie
Molto Verboso
Kymco AK550
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:48 am quote
Isn't that the low hydraulic fluid warning for the suspension locking system?
Lurker
Gilera fuoco 500
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:26 am quote
I have taken all the covers off the front but cannot find any form of level sensor I have just cleaned all the plugs I can find with electronics cleaning fluid and bled the hydraulic system! I will report back If I find anything (I am a little bit hurt at being called a "lurker" )
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:52 am quote
There's a pressure switch that often leaks and renders itself inactive. When it leaks, it can allow air into the hydraulic system, and when it doesn't work, the system will hoot at you mercilessly. It would be worth checking whether that switch is leaking. Also, bleeding the hydraulic system is very tricky- it should be done by pumping the new fluid from below for best results. A little air in the system will cause the hoot as well.

Good luck! You'll solve it eventually; everyone does. Sometimes it takes replacing that switch, which costs about $100 (ouch). I equate the whole hydraulic warning system to minor extortion- it hoots at you until you pony up $100.
Lurker
Gilera fuoco 500
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm quote
I think that I may have found the problem! The plunger which fits into the gear quadrant is broken and does not allow the full movement of the shock locking device master cylinder! hopefully I am right because i will have to take the whole suspension locking system out!
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1303s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0299s) ][ Debug on ]