Hello Hello,
A bit of background;
So I've picked up a pile of parts that roughly correspond to a P200e - I haven't owned a Vespa (or any other scooter or bike for that matter) previously (but have had a few car projects) so this will likely be something of a learning experience.

The general intent of the project is to get the scooter back on the road rather than a perfect restoration. The pile of parts seem to have had something of a hard life - the frame has a fair amount of rust enveloping the brake pedal hole and on one side of the tunnel (as well a few other holes here and there.. some from rust and some from a drill). So far all I've really done is begin to strip back the paint and filler to start sorting out the body to some degree.

There is also a bit of an issue with the identity of the scooter - I don't know too much about it's history but what I do know is that it has previously been registered in Australia as a 72 Rally 200 - a rally VIN has been knocked in to the frame and has also been registered in New Zealand prior to this as a 1982 P200E. There was a NZ vin plate attached to the side of the tunnel and in stripping the paint I have found the correct P200E VIN hidden. This leads me to the question most suited for other Australians - do I again paint over the correct VIN and use the rally 200 VIN to register the scooter or go about getting it correctly registered as a P200E which may prove difficult as I do not know where the scooter has come from besides its stint in NZ.

It also has some of the indicators of a Vietnamese import but I think it might be a more local bodge - there is a fair bit of bog throughout the bike but I haven't found any substantial repairs that have been made with the potential exception of the glovebox (looks like the reinforcement on one side of the inside of the box has been re-welded quickly rather than using plug welds).

It also didn't really have a lot of chrome accessories etc. - just some bars running around the cowls which look reasonably old to my inexperienced eyes. Some parts of the bike have also been lazily painted in two tone - the bike appears to originally have been the sand colour; it has then been bogged and repainted in sand in repair areas and then at a later stage some panels have been painted blue over the top of the original paint. It also does not have the yellow footed centre stand and does have the original speedo indicating >30k kms.

Are there any identifying features that could determine the origin of the bike?

I'll get some pictures up shortly
Cheers!