Piston & Ported
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:10 am quote
Daily routine of clearing out Junk Mail. Came Across this email. So apparently a new Distributor of Corrazo? Bought up all the old inventory?

In the USA or North America, look out for this email as my info was obtained by Corazzo USA. I like their site and a new midwest spot for Scooter supplies.

http://pistonported.com/

Piston & Ported.png

Ossessionato
2015 GTS300, 1974 Primavera, 04 Ninja 250
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am quote
That's Peter Lundgren, former head of LCUSA. He also was the distributor for Corazzo USA. I think the stuff you are seeing on there is just the leftovers from the Corazzo shutdown - note the paucity of normal sizes in the stuff they have. Maybe I'm wrong though - some of the jackets have a range of sizes.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 am quote
In the back of my mind I was thinking of asking the former Corazzo Usa folks about the business side of working with Corazzo and why they shut it down. It tickled the entrepreneur side of me. Thought about about picking up the brand. Because what I need in my life is MORE responsibility and $$$ and time commitment... I imagine only being able to put energy in part time, I'd wind up in the same boat having to shut it down after a bit.

Obviously my info was obtained from their customer/email list. If this winds up being he new distributor, awesome! If they are just selling off the last of the inventory, it's also a good thing and a way to promote their site. especially for those in the midwest that have to use Scooterwest or East Coast/International sites to get gear and parts.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 am quote
Not a lot of scooter riders are willing to spend enough for gear, dwindling scooter sales, Amazon and Iron Pony are some of the reasons the company didn't fare well in the US. The apparel side of the business is tough. Lots of returns. Unsold inventory. Inventory is seasonal and declines in value over time.
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:05 pm quote
Curiously I think that the use of the scooter leads to a lesser use of motorcycle clothes and also of accessories; production has a good basic standard. The philosophy behind the scooter does not encourage you to spend more than necessary. Then there is more and more competition on the internet, what is happening with the shops ... they close.
Addicted
BV 350
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:01 am quote
changing habits
Was reading that a number of the major commerical online vendors (like Amazon) are running into problems with customers ordering multiple sizes and colors of an item, then returning the vast majority for credit when they've made their choice, driving up the cost of return shipping, restocking, recycling, and in some cases just landfilling the returned items. And the perennial problem of people ordering an expensive clothing item, obviously using/wearing it, then returning it weeks or months later for credit.

So I think the apparel business can be really tough.

Though I have winter and summer armored motorcycle riding jackets and boots, I tend not to wear them when I'm riding my scooters. I have an open-faced helmet for one scooter (full windshield), wear my full face helmet on the other. So I don't much in the way of scooter-specific gear. And not looking to get any. Perhaps more the rule than the exception.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:15 am quote
Re: changing habits
Jimding wrote:
Was reading that a number of the major commercial online vendors (like Amazon) are running into problems with customers ordering multiple sizes and colors of an item, then returning the vast majority for credit when they've made their choice, driving up the cost of return shipping, restocking, recycling, and in some cases just landfilling the returned items. A
This sucks, but it's really hard to know the sizing without trying on. I buy a ridiculous amount of bicycle gear online and pretty much stick to one brand because I know the sizing is OK.

Where the heck is my VR fitting room? It's 2020 already!
Ossessionato
2014 Commuter BV350(43,000)/2015 Scoot Life BV350(10,000)/2010 El Diablito SH150i(29,000)
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:58 am quote
I'm still wearing the Wall coveralls I bought in 1992. I have another Zero zone coverall that I bought 3 years ago, it is thicker and is used under 65 deg. F.
I'll probably have the latter until I die.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1261s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0285s) ][ Debug on ]