Et4 engine swap
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
et4
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 am quote
I've bought a preleader engine in a et2, as I'm informed that its more powerful by 2hp than my leader engine in my et4. Also my scooter is the early et4; and has had an engine swap, so will be cool to restore it to original.
The seller says that he has changed the starting motor and this is spinning but not turning the engine over, he suggests it's the pinion gear, how do I change this?
Also it occurs to me that he may of fitted wrong starting motor, are the preleader starting motor and leader engine starting motors different?
Also are the wiring looms, and coils different, or can I just swap CDI and engines.
Any other differences between leader and pre leader engines? And specifically that will effect engine swap.
Are carbs different, cheers Anthony
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:55 am quote
Your post isn't clear. You bought an ET2 with an ET4 pre-leader motor already swapped in?
et4
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:20 am quote
Hey thx for interest.
Yes I bought a et2 with et4 preleader engine for£22.40 on eBay.
Pick up on Saturday morning.
Complete scooter non runner.
Now need to think about differences between leader and preleader engines.
He says he changed starter motor, bought it as non runner,
Would not think it would work with out a 125 wiring loom and CDI,
He says starter motor spins but engine does not turn over! Thinks it's pinion gear!
Has he fitted wrong starter, or is it wrong CDI and loom.
Have spare125 loom for leader engine will it do,
Hoping the right CDI is there as there not cheap!
Gonna put leader engine in this scoot and sell maybe to step so if any good, and put preleader engine in my scoot please advise
Thx
Hooked
lml 2t Vespa lx50 2t
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:10 pm quote
When I was going to put a et4 engine into an et2. Which never happened in the end I read up and was informed that the wiring loom, coil and possibly tank from an et4 donor bike also had to be changed over as well. Try a Google search on this sure that's how I found out information on the change. I may have got info from the search facility on here.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1390s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0351s) ][ Debug on ]