2020 MV feels so so good
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum -> General Discussion
Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 / GT60 (X2)/ ET4 (X2)/ ET2/ 78 P200/ 67 Sprint/ 09 GTS/ 03 Ruckus/ 13 946/ 16 Prima 70/ 15 Sprint
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:50 pm quote
Looks like smooth sailing ahead, Jessís original vision about all things Vespa and friendly NSR threads are in full bloom like a brilliant early spring.

I havenít felt so good about this forum, itís members and moderators in over two years. Props to all and thank you.

SDG
Ossessionato
GTS250
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 pm quote
It is a nice place, isn't it?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:03 am quote
Agreed things do seem to have settled down to nice smooth pavement after a bit of a rocky road at the end of 2019. Letís hope this trend continues! Thanks to all the mods for the work you put in to the place.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:06 am quote
I'm sorry David what exactly is Jess' original view I have forgotten? What is there to feel so good about? What has changed?
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:10 am quote
Thanks SDG for the reminder of things to look forward to on MV 2020. I agree, I like the forum a lot too. While I don't post every day, I read every day but time/interests don't permit reading everything. I just broke thru 4000 MV posts last week and have amazed myself that I've been participating for 10.5 years!! I look forward to the next 10.5 years too.

I hope the new decade finds you fully recovered from your mishaps last year.

Cheers!
Miguel
Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 am quote
Here's to a great 2020 for MV!

Last edited by Jet Peddler on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 / GT60 (X2)/ ET4 (X2)/ ET2/ 78 P200/ 67 Sprint/ 09 GTS/ 03 Ruckus/ 13 946/ 16 Prima 70/ 15 Sprint
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:42 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
I'm sorry David what exactly is Jess' original view I have forgotten? What is there to feel so good about? What has changed?
Posting Guidelines

SDG
Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:27 am quote
Really sad to see that you want to keep the drama going. You all are hypocrites.

Learn to let sleep dogs lie.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:49 am quote
TroutBum wrote:
Really sad to see that you want to keep the drama going. You all are hypocrites.

This statement helps? how? SDG is just saying things have been less dramatic here and they have. By calling us all hypocrites for saying things seem better seems a bit facetious and TBH the type of thing he's happy is not happening now.

I'm really not trying to stir up anything but that a pretty strong term to use. Yes, hopefully the sleeping dog continues to enjoy a nice quiet snooze.

LOOK, someone that is not posting now that was a problem is somebody I actually care a fair amount about and consider a friend. They needed to step away to get their shit together and hopefully come back.

You can find this under General Behaviour .

General Behavior
Be civil to one another and treat others with respect. Keep it friendly and remember that not everyone shares your particular viewpoint, nor do the standards and mores of your country apply to those in other countries. Modern Vespa is a community of scooter enthusiasts, not a place to bicker or grind your axe. Before posting anything, ask yourself if this is something you would say in person, face to face. If not, you might want to seriously consider your words and whether they really need to be posted.
Ossessionato
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
TroutBum wrote:

This statement helps? how? SDG is just saying things have been less dramatic here and they have. By calling us all hypocrites for saying things seem better seems a bit facetious and TBH the type of thing he's happy is not happening now.

I'm really not trying to stir up anything but that a pretty strong term to use. Yes, hopefully the sleeping dog continues to enjoy a nice quiet snooze.

LOOK, someone that is not posting now that was a problem is somebody I actually care a fair amount about and consider a friend. They needed to step away to get their shit together and hopefully come back.

General Behavior
Be civil to one another and treat others with respect. Keep it friendly and remember that not everyone shares your particular viewpoint, nor do the standards and mores of your country apply to those in other countries. Modern Vespa is a community of scooter enthusiasts, not a place to bicker or grind your axe. Before posting anything, ask yourself if this is something you would say in person, face to face. If not, you might want to seriously consider your words and whether they really need to be posted.
What value did SDG post serve? Why not move on and stay with the theme of the forum instead of fanning the flames that have died down?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm quote
TroutBum wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
TroutBum wrote:

General Behavior
What value did SDG post serve? Why not move on and stay with the theme of the forum instead of fanning the flames that have died down?
Your post is the only one I have seen stirring the pot here. Everything was fine till your post
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 pm quote
Oh yeah those posting guidelines are pretty much ingrained in me.
Ossessionato
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:24 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
TroutBum wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
TroutBum wrote:

General Behavior
Your post is the only one I have seen stirring the pot here. Everything was fine till your post
You really don't understand do you?

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 pm
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm quote
It serves nothing to be snarky.

It's just bad form.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:58 pm quote
This is going south. Locking to preserve Jess's original vision.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1331s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0319s) ][ Debug on ]