Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:15 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
I am just going to voluntarily eject myself from this thread.
I thought you relinquished the 6200 and now are 6202 or something.

I believe the technical term for what you want to do is flouncing?
Ossessionato
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:55 am quote
Attila wrote:
... even only 20% is better than nothing ...
Iím not disputing that, just saying people shouldnít automatically think theyíre bulletproof because they received the flu shot.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:37 pm quote
Interesting stat this morning highlights what a big deal this is.

6% of the worlds population is in lockdown over this.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Honda CTX 700 DN Automatic Motorcycle
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:50 pm quote
I also recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/Plague-Fire-James-Leasor/dp/1908291222
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 pm quote
waspmike wrote:
Max6200 wrote:
I am just going to voluntarily eject myself from this thread.
I thought you relinquished the 6200 and now are 6202 or something.

I believe the technical term for what you want to do is flouncing?
Welcome home. 02 has been obliterated.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:09 pm quote
Scooter rider in Wuhan...

1581814726929.jpg

Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:11 am quote
https://www.lastampa.it/cronaca/2020/02/21/news/coronavirus-primo-contagio-in-lombardia-un-38enne-ricoverato-in-terapia-intensiva-a-codogno-1.38497470

Coronavirus, 6 infected in Lombardy: a 38 year old serious. Isolation for 250. Mandatory quarantine for those arriving from China
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 am quote
Other cases, 16 in all so far ....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:37 am quote
From what I hear China is not being honest on the amount of people and areas effected and could cause a global recession. Lets hope these are rumors.
Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 pm quote
While I was doing my clinical rotation on Wednesday, we had a patient there positive for coronavirus... of course, everyone is hyper-aware... except it is a common coronavirus, not the one making people crap their panties currently.

From the CDC:

Human Coronavirus Types

Coronaviruses are named for the crown-like spikes on their surface. There are four main sub-groupings of coronaviruses, known as alpha, beta, gamma, and delta.

Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:

Common human coronaviruses

229E (alpha coronavirus)
NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
OC43 (beta coronavirus)
HKU1 (beta coronavirus)

Other human coronaviruses

MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes a severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-12)
People around the world commonly get infected with human coronaviruses 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1.

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:58 pm quote
Iím at a conference in Sydney. As well as the usual pads and pens there are corporate branded bottles of sanitizer on the tables.
Ossessionato
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:45 pm quote
Contagion on the rise, isolated areas with thousands of inhabitants, first victim ...
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:46 am quote
I am retired from working in the public health sector. South Africa has a high rate of TB. Most persons who are given the inoculation in high school will show a reaction to it. This indicates that they hae already been exposed to the infection, but are due to a healthy immune system are not suffering form the disease.
With the increase in MDR and XDR stains, there was a lot of debate at management level about policies and programs to prevent transmission of airborne droplets in areas where undiagnosed patients congregate - mostly the waiting areas of clinics and hospitals. As an infrastructure person, I was asked for solutions involving air filters, UV irradiation, special ventilation systems etc.

Instead I suggested that the problem be addressed at the source - preventing TB infected sputum from going airborne by giving anyone with a cough an ordinary theatre mask. These masks are to prevent surgeons and nurses from spraying saliva into open wounds, etc. This is a cost-effective method of preventing saliva from coughs and sneezes from exiting the mouth with enough velocity to carry to the next person, or to infect the hand covering the mouth.

My idea was rejected out of hand because it would 'stigmatise the sick patient as a TB carrier'. I countered with a revised proposal to give every person entering the health facility a mask, even having them printed with a smiley face and the words "I am fighting against TB". I proposed letting people wear them on buses, trains and other mass public transport (as they do in China etc) to carry the message and prevent infection. The idea was rejected and deemed "impractical."

So there is a free idea for a medical company with a social awareness program budget to print their name on each mask and so sponsor this concept of inexpensive masks to prevent persons with colds, flu and other respiratory illnesses from spewing their germs onto people and surfaces where the infection is transmitted.

BTW, most colds and flu are contracted from sick persons sneezing into their hands and then shaking hands with others, who then infect themselves by touching eyes, noses etc where the germs enter through mucous membranes.

So... don't shake hands with others - especially those with coughs.
A simple hug or fist-bump is far less risky.
Ossessionato
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:06 am quote
Itís a shame they rejected your recommendation to have everyone with a cough put on a mask. Just recently, at the start of flu season but before the corona virus hit, my local walk-in urgent care facility had a sign on a stand asking everyone who enters that if they have a cough to please put on a mask. Masks were placed next to the sign. I thought that was a great idea and in everyoneís best interest.

Fudmucker wrote:
I am retired from working in the public health sector. South Africa has a high rate of TB. Most persons who are given the inoculation in high school will show a reaction to it. This indicates that they hae already been exposed to the infection, but are due to a healthy immune system are not suffering form the disease.
With the increase in MDR and XDR stains, there was a lot of debate at management level about policies and programs to prevent transmission of airborne droplets in areas where undiagnosed patients congregate - mostly the waiting areas of clinics and hospitals. As an infrastructure person, I was asked for solutions involving air filters, UV irradiation, special ventilation systems etc.

Instead I suggested that the problem be addressed at the source - preventing TB infected sputum from going airborne by giving anyone with a cough an ordinary theatre mask. These masks are to prevent surgeons and nurses from spraying saliva into open wounds, etc. This is a cost-effective method of preventing saliva from coughs and sneezes from exiting the mouth with enough velocity to carry to the next person, or to infect the hand covering the mouth.

My idea was rejected out of hand because it would 'stigmatise the sick patient as a TB carrier'. I countered with a revised proposal to give every person entering the health facility a mask, even having them printed with a smiley face and the words "I am fighting against TB". I proposed letting people wear them on buses, trains and other mass public transport (as they do in China etc) to carry the message and prevent infection. The idea was rejected and deemed "impractical."

So there is a free idea for a medical company with a social awareness program budget to print their name on each mask and so sponsor this concept of inexpensive masks to prevent persons with colds, flu and other respiratory illnesses from spewing their germs onto people and surfaces where the infection is transmitted.

BTW, most colds and flu are contracted from sick persons sneezing into their hands and then shaking hands with others, who then infect themselves by touching eyes, noses etc where the germs enter through mucous membranes.

So... don't shake hands with others - especially those with coughs.
A simple hug or fist-bump is far less risky.
Hooked

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:18 am quote
Scooters being utilized in South Korea to spray disinfectant . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42bZog8Ftcc

Ossessionato
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:39 am quote
Italy could close its borders ... extraordinary measures are coming.
I will keep you informed.
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
[ Time: 0.2084s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0376s) ][ Debug on ]