[NSR] Corona Virus.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...5354555657Next
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:12 am quote
https://www.latinaoggi.eu/news/salute/104554/vaccino-rush-finale-la-irbm-di-pomezia-atest-anche-in-africaa
di Pomezia: «Test also in Africa»

Pomezia - The words of Piero Di Lorenzo, president of IRBM: «At the end of June we will have the results of phase 1 of the experimentation»

For several days now, we have had a certainty: the Coronavirus vaccine candidate produced by the Irbm of Pomezia together with the University of Oxford has been the most advanced in the world. A news that makes the territory south of Rome proud, but also opens up interesting scenarios for the fight against the pandemic. For this reason, we asked some questions to Piero Di Lorenzo, president of Irbm, just to find out where the experimentation is and if the future vaccine can actually be produced in Pomezia.

The experimentation of the vaccine candidate that Irbm and the University of Oxford are working on has started a few months ago: what level have we reached? Are there any early results compared to the tests performed?
Experimental phase 3 tests are currently underway in England and Brazil on 10,000 volunteers. In order to prevent the drop in the number of infected people in European countries from calling into question the implementation of phase 3 and to give greater reliability to clinical tests, similar tests are starting in South Africa and Zaire. The results of phase 1 will be published at the end of June; Phase 3 is expected at the end of September
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:02 pm quote
This thread should be locked because the coronavirus is "political" because the various countries' responses to the pandemic are the result of political action, or inaction, by public officials. Today, the Guardian reported that Florida reported 3,822 new cases on Friday. A figure 35% higher than any previous daily reporting. Florida has essentially "opened" up. The governor's apparent response is that more testing means more positive results......

This forum is better served if we simply agree not to talk about something that is political. Pretending it isn't and dancing around it does a disservice to our intellect and dishonors those who have been sickened and died as a result of this scourge.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:12 pm quote
griffin1108 wrote:
This thread should be locked because the coronavirus is "political" because the various countries' responses to the pandemic are the result of political action, or inaction, by public officials. Today, the Guardian reported that Florida reported 3,822 new cases on Friday. A figure 35% higher than any previous daily reporting. Florida has essentially "opened" up. The governor's apparent response is that more testing means more positive results......

This forum is better served if we simply agree not to talk about something that is political. Pretending it isn't and dancing around it does a disservice to our intellect and dishonors those who have been sickened and died as a result of this scourge.
The only place on the planet where this might be considered 'Political' (note the upper case) is the USA where 'Politics' is so incredibly divided with no middle ground. Of course most things are 'political' (lower case) - but MV doesn't appreciated overtly 'Political' threads.

And if you then also claim discussing the climate is political, then we are definitely all doomed.
Hooked
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm quote
Well said jimc.

I'm amazed at how more extensive testing is argued to be a bad thing by some with particular axes to grind. More extensive testing (as encouraged by the WHO) let's you know what you are up against, rather than hoping for 'miracles'.
And while the number of tests in total often gets the headlines, it's the positivity rate that really counts. If, as a percentage, this increases, you know things are getting worse, as it is unfortunately in a number of US states. A secondary benefit of large amounts of testing is that the data is more statistically robust.

Last edited by VesperGeezer on Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Yamaha Majesty 250 DX 1998
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:36 am quote
jimc wrote:
griffin1108 wrote:

The only place on the planet where this might be considered 'Political' (note the upper case) is the USA where 'Politics' is so incredibly divided with no middle ground. Of course most things are 'political' (lower case) - but MV doesn't appreciated overtly 'Political' threads.

And if you then also claim discussing the climate is political, then we are definitely all doomed.
Oh sorry ... I'm not doing it on purpose, I know that the border is thin but at this point we close the topic; I just wanted to update on progress (if it is) in various parts of the world on the vaccine.
The political nuances (if any) I make them censor the moderators and with all my apologies for my ignorance.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Kitted Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:16 am quote
Some good points. Mind you I did her censores for only discussing Ontario and Canada's reaction which would set no one off here. Actually said good things about it but moderataors are human and will read the rules differently. No big deal but yes discussing covid-19 and not touching on politics is quite the dance. Right now I'm at a cottage sitting on my bike after wiping the morning dew off it while looking at Lake Erie. Makes the virus seem so far away and man it feels good to be out of a mega city. Still when you go in to town the signs are there. We are of course going to be careful and both recently tested negative.

The best thing some of us can do now is go out and get tested. Our government has relaxed ALL testing criteria and requests we all go in to get tested. It's pretty quick and easy now.
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 C110
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:47 am quote
Harbinger
Quote:
Right now I'm at a cottage sitting on my bike after wiping the morning dew off it while looking at Lake Erie.
Wave to me! I’m on the south shore!

Chris from CLE
Ossessionato
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:56 am quote
Addicted
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:00 am quote
Fall classes will start end of August, as scheduled. Albeit, less students, and requisite social distancing, per classroom (pages of guidelines have been distributed and a Code of Personal Responsibility/Return to Campus Certification will need to be submitted by all employees and students prior to going on campus). With that being said, have no idea how many students will actually register and show up for any of the classes.

40% of classes will be in-person; 60% will be online, WebEx/Zoom, or hybrid.

Have been advised to prepare for the on-campus classes, as usual; though, due to public health concerns about a spike in COVID19 cases following the Thanksgiving holiday, the remainder of the semester, instruction will be remote (online, WebEx/Zoom).

Apparently many, many schools of higher education are following the same guidelines, with the Thanksgiving holiday being a key target date to mitigate COVID19 on campuses.

Have no idea where in the world we will be with COVID19 in two months (end of August), yet, alone, in five months (end of November).
Thunder Thief
2010 GTS 300 Super & 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Location: in the blue ridge mountains of Virginia... on the trail of the lonesome pine..."
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:21 am quote
I really hope my nursing program classes remain online because the classes were 80-100 in a single room for hours at a time. I really do not feel comfortable with that.
Addicted
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:17 am quote
froggieposition wrote:
I really hope my nursing program classes remain online because the classes were 80-100 in a single room for hours at a time. I really do not feel comfortable with that.
I totally understand. I am with you on this. At the college at which I teach, it is evident, guidelines are being followed to ensure 6 feet of distance between students/faculty in the classroom. The number of people per classroom, now, is determined by the actual square footage of the classroom. For examples, Room 101, which previously accommodated 25 students, now has a max accommodation of 10 people; Room 310, which, previously accommodated 50 students (auditorium style) now accommodates only 25 people. This will allow social distancing between students and faculty. I am not sure how the health technologies division (includes nursing program) is accommodating the students/faculty; but, I am sure the labs and clinicals need to be really stringent in regards to social distancing, and probably multiple, multiple sections to accomodate all the students already enrolled.

There will be one-way doorways, masks required, limited occupancy for elevators, plexiglass barriers, and thus. Hence, a whole new world.
Ossessionato
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:51 am quote
I was going to collective music lesson, in my area the municipalities organize various courses in various subjects for older people (over 55) and everything is still stopped.
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:57 am quote
jimc wrote:
griffin1108 wrote:

And... griffins post is political, so what do we have bitch & moan but make our own points when the need is felt?
Just because something is discussionable or arguable or requires an opinion doesn't make it political?
Lets talk wine or beer or best looking actresses, is that political?

It's been said by epidemiologists that it's the hospitilizations, not the # of positive tests to see where things are headed? Much, much has been said by experts (if there is such a covid thing?) that testing results given who gets tested, & why and where and when makes for a mixed bag of resultant facts.
As for Italy's having a vaccine soon, todays NYT's has an article about how may of the vaccine research groups don't use any/many seniors in their test groups when we (me) are the most vulnerable. A recent survey shows a great many adults in USA state they wont get vaccinated when ones is supposedly available.
My KY state legislature is saying there is no real overall plan for the return to school for K-12. I read a recent article saying the educators had found that many kids didn't do their online work. And that was with parent/s at home? Surprise, surprise? many didn't do it before and I'm sure the distance learning got old after awhile? Meanwhile universities scramble to say it's all under control as they want the bucks to come back to campus.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:20 am quote
ChrisFromCLE wrote:
Quote:
Right now I'm at a cottage sitting on my bike after wiping the morning dew off it while looking at Lake Erie.

Chris from CLE
Just gave you a big old wave. We’re just over in Normandale near Turkey Point.

6E99D8B4-AF86-4BB0-870B-2DBFC92ABFC2.jpeg

Ossessionato
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:26 am quote
Italy is collaborating with the British in the study of the vaccine and if it is safe they will have it all over the world because producing it will not be an exclusive, every nation that will have a pharmaceutical industry will be able to produce it and the others will have a distribution; only in my province there are dozens of pharmaceutical and even US industries (Abbott, Pfizer and others)
Ossessionato
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:28 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
ChrisFromCLE wrote:
Quote:

Chris from CLE
Just gave you a big old wave. We’re just over in Normandale near Turkey Point.
If there weren't those cars it would seem to be somewhere in Russia.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:58 am quote
Attila wrote:
If there weren't those cars it would seem to be somewhere in Russia.
Except these days IMZ makes most of its money by selling Urals to the European and North American markets. They have mostly priced themselves out of the Russian and Chinese markets.
Ossessionato
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:11 am quote
I should make a political comment even if funny but I don't want to spark controversy ... I just quote Enzo:
"Engines are like women, you have to know how to touch them in the most sensitive parts."
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:30 am quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
froggieposition wrote:
I totally understand. I am with you on this. At the college at which I teach, it is evident, guidelines are being followed to ensure 6 feet of distance between students/faculty in the classroom. The number of people per classroom, now, is determined by the actual square footage of the classroom. For examples, Room 101, which previously accommodated 25 students, now has a max accommodation of 10 people; Room 310, which, previously accommodated 50 students (auditorium style) now accommodates only 25 people. This will allow social distancing between students and faculty. I am not sure how the health technologies division (includes nursing program) is accommodating the students/faculty; but, I am sure the labs and clinicals need to be really stringent in regards to social distancing, and probably multiple, multiple sections to accomodate all the students already enrolled.

There will be one-way doorways, masks required, limited occupancy for elevators, plexiglass barriers, and thus. Hence, a whole new world.
Don't forget about not using air con in those rooms. I'm currently planning our reopening and have just rejigged the Fire evacuation plan. Going to have disinfection boxes for staff to place equipment used by students and a whole raft of anti Covid -19 measures. Mostly online lessons here too for the time being. Lots of work ahead!
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:52 am quote
My wife just got a message not to come in to school Monday or Tuesday.
The head teacher is in quarantine from a positive contact and now the whole school must be sanitized...

This protocol is not viable every time a single person tests positive.
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:28 pm quote
jimc wrote:
griffin1108 wrote:

With all due respect, threads that have begun to discuss whether or not climate change is real have been locked or posts banned. I honestly do not understand the difference between "Political" and "political". When we are discussing matters that affect society, that is "political", and apparently OK, but the implementation of actions to address those issues are directed by the "Political" actors. So, if I post that "Trump is a moron" or that "Sleepy Joe Biden is a Chinese tool", that is "Political" and prohibited but if I say the US response to Covid is a walking disaster, that's "political" and allright? I don't get the disconnect. Today, I watched live matches on TV of Premier League games, Serie A and Danish Superliga. Clearly all three of those countries have figured out how to reopen safely. In the US, some of the leagues have announced reopening, but none have actually begun them and it is questionable whether or not they will reopen, even in the "bubbles" they are creating for MLS, NWSL, NBA and NHL. Is that "political" or "Political?"
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:43 pm quote
griffin1108 wrote:
So, if I post that "Trump is a moron" or that "Sleepy Joe Biden is a Chinese tool", that is "Political" and prohibited but if I say the US response to Covid is a walking disaster, that's "political" and allright?
I may not be articulating this clearly, but the first two are clearly taking sides in bi-partisan governmental criticisms, the third is merely true - and just as true for nearly every other country and society. (OK, NZ, OZ and few others have done better than most...) So the first two opinions are not appreciated here. The latter is more all-encompassing, no fingers are being directly pointed at parties or individuals.
Quote:
I don't get the disconnect.

Ad-hominem as opposed to generality?
Quote:
Today, I watched live matches on TV of Premier League games, Serie A and Danish Superliga. Clearly all three of those countries have figured out how to reopen safely. In the US, some of the leagues have announced reopening, but none have actually begun them and it is questionable whether or not they will reopen, even in the "bubbles" they are creating for MLS, NWSL, NBA and NHL. Is that "political" or "Political?"
Neither?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:44 pm quote
griffin1108 wrote:
With all due respect, threads that have begun to discuss whether or not climate change is real have been locked or posts banned. I honestly do not understand the difference between "Political" and "political". When we are discussing matters that affect society, that is "political", and apparently OK, but the implementation of actions to address those issues are directed by the "Political" actors. So, if I post that "Trump is a moron" or that "Sleepy Joe Biden is a Chinese tool", that is "Political" and prohibited but if I say the US response to Covid is a walking disaster, that's "political" and allright? I don't get the disconnect.
Consider examples closer to home on MV. If you disagree with someone's response to a post about a problem with a scooter by posting - "that jimk is a fucking jackass, ignore his advice" - it is likely that your post will be withdrawn and you will be scolded. If you said "I think you should try replacing the water pump, before you tear down the top end and replace the head gasket", then no one would get very excited. See the difference?
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:46 pm quote
ashbrook wrote:
Don't forget about not using air con in those rooms. I'm currently planning our reopening and have just rejigged the Fire evacuation plan. Going to have disinfection boxes for staff to place equipment used by students and a whole raft of anti Covid -19 measures. Mostly online lessons here too for the time being. Lots of work ahead!
That reminded me that the community college and state university I've attended (and likely will "go back to" -- online -- in the fall) have gone through extensive remodeling and building phases in recent years. The original buildings at each date back to the 1960s, and often included transom windows to draw off hot air from near the ceiling, other windows that could be opened, and doors facing the outside for further ventilation if needed. The usual upgrades involve enclosing external walkways around the outside of the buildings and creating internal corridors instead. This was done in the name of energy efficiency and security.

On the other hand, it makes the buildings dependent on forced-air HVAC rather than ambient ventilation. Awkward during rare power failures, and now downright hazardous given the pandemic.

Sometimes they had it right the first time.
Ossessionato
Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:43 pm quote
This is another interesting point ...
Regarding the sport I could say that some games that require a narrower space (basketball) are a little more at risk, in Italy we have started playing football again but with some controversy; I must point out that sport moves economic interests and it is not that we play to entertain the spectators, not only, however, but no with public but only players on the field.
The problem is small sports activities that have taken an incorrect example and do not have large spaces and therefore risk is big.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:50 am quote
But won't the soccer player all fall over as soon as the enter the pitch, writhing in pain and screaming "aaargh, he gave me covid"?

Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:18 am quote
znomit wrote:
But won't the soccer player all fall over as soon as the enter the pitch, writhing in pain and screaming "aaargh, he gave me covid"?

cutting

but true
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:47 am quote
Personally I’m waiting for baseball and the first really bad call by an ump. How is the coach supposed to get in his face and yell at him? Social distancing while kicking dirt on someone isn’t easy.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 am quote
froggieposition wrote:
In Florida most of the public schools and state colleges will be offering "blended learning" so that people that are not comfortable returning to the classroom can still keep up their studies. We have been working hard with the districts we support to make sure their networks and other infrastructure will be ready for the load. Summer school has been working well for the most part but the fall will be the real test.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:37 am quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
froggieposition wrote:

Our university will do similarly, but I don't get it:

1) Dear students: come on back to our residential campus, the one we gave you three days to evacuate last spring.

2) We'll hold normal-ish, in-class classes until we can't.

3) Then, mid-fall-semester, we'll shut everything down again and give you three days to evacuate, just like in the spring! Remember how awesome that was? Well, this time we're baking that insanity right in.

4) Oh, yeah, and while living in those crowded dorms and frats, you'll need to keep 6' distance at all times and wear a face-mask. Don't worry, they'll only be half as crowded as normal. But, still, we ask that you completely re-invent the way that you interact with other, rule-governed, highly-responsible adolescents. Do this 24-7, at all times.

...remember how you missed a month of classes last fall, before the corn-virus outbreak, when you had the normal flue, followed by mono, followed by strep, followed by pink eye, just like everyone else on your hall or in your sorority? Well, don't worry:

...special face masks will be made available for all your dining and make-out sessions.

...we ask that all frat parties switch from beer and weed to hard alcohol, which is both antiseptic and doubles as a hand sanitizer, cuz lord knows how y'all love to use your hands, wink wink, nudge nudge.

...your group bathrooms will be sanitized after every use, using magical-juju-extra funding that will simply fall from the sky...even tho the university's already scheduled 5% budget cut is now a 13% budget cut due to the virus....

5) And we'll be offering "blended learning" to ensure that the most susceptible person in the classroom -- your professor -- remains highly exposed, should you choose the sane route: staying at home.

Yeah, I don't see it.

Last edited by tdrake on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Molto Verboso
lx 50
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:40 am quote
Fudmucker wrote:
The head teacher is in quarantine from a positive contact and now the whole school must be sanitized...

Viable? There is no choice, no other option. Schools, businesses, shops.
Closing, quarantine and sanitizer is the only option
Ossessionato
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:59 am quote
It's the end of culture ... we'll be brutes again.
Well ... I'll take out my old latin books and go to the mountains as a hermit.
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 am quote
jimc wrote:
griffin1108 wrote:
So, if I post that "Trump is a moron" or that "Sleepy Joe Biden is a Chinese tool", that is "Political" and prohibited but if I say the US response to Covid is a walking disaster, that's "political" and allright?
I may not be articulating this clearly, but the first two are clearly taking sides in bi-partisan governmental criticisms, the third is merely true - and just as true for nearly every other country and society. (OK, NZ, OZ and few others have done better than most...) So the first two opinions are not appreciated here. The latter is more all-encompassing, no fingers are being directly pointed at parties or individuals.
Quote:
I don't get the disconnect.

Ad-hominem as opposed to generality?
Quote:
Today, I watched live matches on TV of Premier League games, Serie A and Danish Superliga. Clearly all three of those countries have figured out how to reopen safely. In the US, some of the leagues have announced reopening, but none have actually begun them and it is questionable whether or not they will reopen, even in the "bubbles" they are creating for MLS, NWSL, NBA and NHL. Is that "political" or "Political?"
Neither?
Thanks for the response, I think I understand your points. I'll try to be governed accordingly in the future.
Ossessionato
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:37 am quote
There are mornings that when you open your eyes you see everything radiant, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the air is fresh and the sky is clear but ... I wonder ... everything cannot be so perfect, aaaaahh ..! The point is that there are a lot of problems that afflict us personally only that we try to throw them behind us but they are there and they remain there ... they come back and there is nothing to do, they must be addressed.
Then there are the problems of the world and they too should be tackled but it doesn't go there or they are so serious that we don't even want to talk about it; apparently irreversible climate change is leading us towards natural catastrophes that will make us forget there has been a golden age of well-being but only for a small part of humanity while the other has debated and is still debating in them adversity ... hunger, famine, wars and disease.
Here we are, we too experience a plague common to all the populations of this planet, we are luxury patients clinging to our voluptuous needs and not to the minimum ones, we have been dying for several years now, in truth the virus (one of many) is just an indicator of the state we are in.
Our perception of reality is distorted and we do not conceive of the global sacrifice that something must be done to really get better! It is a struggle to the day without building the future, they are making children for no reason now, if the survival of mankind is increasingly harsh why bother against ourselves if not for an act of pure selfishness?
The answer is from this virus ...
We must change direction, we must first backtrack and in raking the good things by keeping them and recycling the bad ones; then you can start walking forward ... slowly, without leaving anything or anyone behind.
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:03 am quote
northernerbill wrote:
Fudmucker wrote:

Viable? There is no choice, no other option. Schools, businesses, shops.
Closing, quarantine and sanitizer is the only option
I disagree completely.

The school has been closed until Monday next week. Just in case any virus was passed by the Head Teacher, the entire school buildings and passages must be sanitized. The cost of this operation exceeds the average monthly salary of a teacher. Should another staff member or learner test positive, the protocol calls for the operation to be repeated yet again.

Imagine a factory employing 100 people. Every time a worker tests positive (whether they were infected in the workplace, in transit, at home, visiting the supermarket etc) by your logic the factory must be closed and sanitized...? You may as well shut down the factory, retrench all the workers and cease business for a year or two until the virus is no longer around.

The world has completely lost economic perspective because of this hysteria over a particularly problematic virus that is killing less people than diabetes or ischemic heart disease.
Hooked
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:50 am quote
I'd have thought diabetics would be even more concerned about the prospect of infection following too-soon opening as it's one of a number of pre-existing conditions that make people more susceptible to the effects of the virus?
Addicted
2013 GTS300ie
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 am quote
It boils down to this:
"Is the value of a life lost to COVID more than the value of a life lost to vehicle accidents, home accidents, diabetes, heart disease, murder, etc..."

All of them are preventable and are risks managed through certain social behavior, preventative measures, clothing and eating habits. Covid infection has a single digit infection risk, managed by social distancing, wearing a face mask to prevent my germs getting to others and by sanitizing hands and surfaces. It is not managed by withdrawal from life in general, by cocooning away from everyone, OTT cleaning habits, etc.

One does not have to sanitize a building that has stood locked and vacant for 30+ days because any COVID viruses have long since died. If a worker tests positive, by all means sanitize their office / workspace. But is it necessary to sanitize 35 classrooms that have not had any learners in them for 60 days+?

I think not.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:57 am quote
Diabetes killed 83,564 Americans in 2017.

As of today, C-19 has killed at least 123,000 Americans in half a year.

Diabetes and heart disease aren't contagious.

And to paraphrase: man was not made for the economy; the economy was made for man.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:31 am quote
I’ve said this before here and will say it again. Statistics can VERY easily be manipulated to suit ones needs. The “insert condition here” kills more than Covid-19 one is probably one of the more common ones now. Comparing an infectious disease to anything other than another infectious disease is an apples to oranges argument.

This is one of my favourite examples of how stats can be misleading.

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~lori/mathed/problems/sloanA307.html
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:56 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
I’ve said this before here and will say it again. Statistics can VERY easily be manipulated to suit ones needs. The “insert condition here” kills more than Covid-19 one is probably one of the more common ones now. Comparing an infectious disease to anything other than another infectious disease is an apples to oranges argument.

This is one of my favourite examples of how stats can be misleading.

http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~lori/mathed/problems/sloanA307.html
I'll make a guess at the reason "injuries" went up. Might it be because someone killed would not be counted as being"injured"?
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...5354555657Next
[ Time: 0.4086s ][ Queries: 27 (0.2623s) ][ Debug on ]